Advanced

Gyptian Live inside New Karibbean City Saturday Feb 16th 2K13

Posted by AliciaNKC 
Gyptian Live inside New Karibbean City Saturday Feb 16th 2K13
February 10, 2013 04:18AM
New Karibbean City Presents.....

GYPTIAN LIVE IN CONCERT

Alongside DJ's Young Fyah & Slim

As we all know this name has become a club household mainstream name after we were all blessed by the #1 track HOLD YUH two years ago.

Sat Feb 16th Gyptian will be Perfoming Hold Yuh & other hit singles including: Nah Let Go, Beautiful Lady, Serious Times and the chart-topping ballad Mama, Dont Cry. GYPTIAN will be live inside:::::::::

New Karibbean City
1408 Webster st
Oakland CA

Doors open @ 9pm / Open til 4am (with full Jamaican kitchen open late)
SHOWTIME AT 1AM

For advance tickets ::nkcoakland.com

$30 in advance II $40 at the door

21 & Over event |Valentines Day Affair |Red Affair |Heart Affair
Re: Gyptian Live inside New Karibbean City Saturday Feb 16th 2K13
February 11, 2013 04:57PM
February 12, 2013 02:49AM
Early arrival suggested to avoid long lines. That is the biggest scam ever. Don't show up till midnight. He won't come on till 1 pm. The NKC is a joke.
February 12, 2013 03:49PM
NKC is not a joke. Every performer they've announced has shown up everytime I've been there. The stage is a good enough size to fit the artist plus their entire crew, while small enough allowing the attendee an "intimate" encounter with the performer. In the initial post on this thread the announcer, AliciaNKC, posts that showtime is at 1 so, how can this be a scam? I say if you haven't been to NKC and hear of a show with a performer you might want to check out, give them a try! ....and Yes, expect the artist to hit the stage LATE, but what do you expect from a place that stays open til 4AM? A PARTY!

I am not connected to NKC, I am only a lover of live music, especially reggae, who happens to enjoy attending shows at NKC.
February 12, 2013 05:38PM
I have only seen Fantan Mojah at KC, which was his first appearance there years ago. It sounds like it's under different management or ownership, hence "New" KC however, we had a great time at the show I went to although it was a track show that started later than we had expected. I second VgVgirl's statement as long as you are willing to stay up late and pay more $ than other places.
February 12, 2013 06:16PM
When I went to Beenie Man at NKC, I stopped a mugging on the way in. This was on 14th less than a 100 yards from the door. The real advice should be don't get caught slipping in that part of town.
Anyone who attends small venue shows on a regular basis is familiar with the not so subtle ploy of trying to get us to stand around drinking for 2-3 hours waiting for the show. Bottom line, the Bar generates a large portion of their revenue so they want us to hang out.
Those prices are steep, as I suspect that Gyptian will be "Live" over a DJ not a "Live" Band. (The actual price online right now is 26.41$ so there is some false advertising that is slightly in your favor). It is too bad that music and art are just one more commodity to be exploited thru scarcity and other market manipulations, but that is capitalism...
February 12, 2013 06:41PM
You nailed it nahikuroots...
February 12, 2013 07:19PM
So one night i was hanging out backstage at Ashkenaz, the musicians had all gone to dinner and i was relaxing and puffing one with my bud. The manager came in and asked if we were with the band as the dj had been playing for more than a half hour and he was adament that a half hour was long enough before the band came on, that it was discourteous to the audience to keep them waiting longer. I assured him that the band leader had said that 10:30 pm was the perfect time to start a reggae show, right before they left for dinner, so i didn't think they would be back til just before then, which was an hour after doors had opened. He wasn't happy. But they did arrive back at 10:20 and started at 10:30. Now whenever i'm at a show, i compare the start time to 10:30.....

Love that reggae!
February 17, 2013 07:32PM
It was packed, super hot and sweaty. New Kingston Opened (the group of 3 brothers not the Band) Gyptian's set was from 1:20 - 2am. He ran all his hit tunes. Still using "Rrrrrrrrrrr" and now a new Screeching "Dash" signature styles. He mentioned that he had to catch a flight to Canada but #afterparty pictures were posted on Instagram. thumbs down
February 17, 2013 10:57PM
"Early arrival suggested to avoid long lines" is the scam when the true artist (headliner) for the night comes on at 1.20 am. Who wants to sit around from 9 pm to 1 am waiting for an artist that plays for 40-50 minute? That place sucks.

I have been there to see:

1) fanta Mojah
2) Bernie man
3) warrior king

All of these shows were mediocre at best and started at 1 am. Lame!!!!
February 18, 2013 07:56PM
1am is not bad for an after-hours club. If it's 2am lock-off, then that's a different story. Either way, Gyptian is wack.
February 18, 2013 08:40PM
Chimino
1am is not bad for an after-hours club. If it's 2am lock-off, then that's a different story. Either way, Gyptian is wack.

Ya really, at New Parish there was a bunch of people happy he was going on late so they could go see both. Obviously they are successful so if you dont like the business model dont go, im sure your not missed. And if you are they will change, why drag them down? There was a time that i wanted to listen to music till dawn, and from what i hear there are plenty that are into whats happening there. And if you dont feel safe in OAK you might not want to be there late at night, because fear usually attracts predators. Just my old dude advise.
February 19, 2013 03:23AM
Boasy ass crowd, sweaty hot show, buy presale and dont expect alot of frills. A late show on a decent system but artists usually rip it nicely!!!!
February 19, 2013 08:13PM
The Gyptian show NKC was on FIRE!!!! So far best show of 2013.

I don't understand what some of you are complaining about. We got there at 11:30 and the line was wrapped around the corner. Once we got in the music was great and so was the crowd, and Gyptian ripped it.

Most people who go to clubs will drink regardless if they arrive early or late. The club will make its money at the bar regardless. I have no complaints other than the long line. Some people will never be satisfied and always look for a reason to complain. I will be there in April for Konshens and I will get there early to avoid the line.

Good Job NKC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login