milton henry is just vibes...
February 13, 2013 02:36AM
...every single time i check him. pure vibes. i've been wandering my house for two days singing "now you see the scene and you know wha gwaan; can't even gather in your own front lawn..." wondering what in the heck song this was. too many dang records in my room, took me awhile to nail it down in my head to that various wackies rhythm force LP. felt geat just pinning down the LP and then get to see it's just pure milton henry vibes on this one. not the best sound, but a killer tune nonetheless!

m.

* [www.shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
Re: milton henry is just vibes...
February 13, 2013 02:53AM
February 13, 2013 03:39AM
Thanks for sharing mk! Milton's a great roots singer (sang with the Congos when Cedric was still in the US, and sang with the Meditations last time they were out here), and a humble, gracious and overall irie human being. I love his laconic delivery on this sparse 'sticky' riddim track, you know he's lived it out:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2013 03:47AM by Stamina!.
February 13, 2013 03:59AM
yesss, herb.

got that one on some repress 10" and am never shy to pull it. massive blues. version side is well killer as well. other cuts too though, you know; i just like his style for sure.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
February 13, 2013 03:41PM
I have never heard either of these before and love MIlton Henry.
Now You See the Scene is a killer, great melody and love the vibe, the mix is unique!
Cornbread and Butter is great too, had me cracking up when he says certain phrases, seems to have a sense of humor/fun in the vocal delivery and mix.
Forward Milton Henry to SNWMF..!
February 13, 2013 03:45PM
bought this album on the random and was pleasantly surprised....
February 13, 2013 03:47PM
That record is great strikkly.
February 13, 2013 03:55PM
yes strikkly, that's a nice LP; another big milton henry LP produced by lloyd barnes (on tachyon label) is "babylon loot".

i agree milton would be a great artist to have at snwmf, one of those sleepers that just wows the place!

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
February 13, 2013 07:43PM
"Who do you think I am , I am only, only, a Living Man!'

Milton Henry is one of my favorite singers, hands down. It probably would not be that difficult to get him to Sierra, I believe he resides inns New York

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
February 13, 2013 07:48PM
MK, you're on it as usual - Milton Henry is just vibes! A double bill with Winston Hussey was among the top 5 shows I saw last year. Here's some ites video from the year before -

He played a soon come tune produced by Roberto Sanchez, you will love that one when it comes out.
And if you missed this one, there's still copies around. Supreme reissue with big grooves and top sound.
Watch the version.

February 13, 2013 09:49PM
wow, milton henry and winston hussey--what a show that must have been! i've never seen either of them perform, but love their stuff. gonna check that video when i get home; thanks for posting.

agreed, pk, would seem doable.

i've always thought the same thing about screwdriver; probably easy to book and wouldn't break the bank--but might provide one heck of a musical set!

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
February 13, 2013 09:52PM
Wow HIFI, I would have loved to have checked that show.

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
February 14, 2013 01:32AM
Personally Milton Henry and Clinton fearon do it for me
February 15, 2013 08:10AM
awo....what a sound, dread, is this the same?

February 15, 2013 05:03PM
April 15, 2013 04:19AM
Brand new - Milton Henry Rastafari Cannot Die - produced by Roberto Sanchez

[www.iroko-records.com]

April 15, 2013 02:09PM
This new release sounds good.. very similar, same chords/ similar vocal melody to his old tune "them a Devil" from "who Do you Think I Am?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login