Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Melodians mash it up in Portland

Posted by Jah Mike 
Melodians mash it up in Portland
February 13, 2013 10:45PM
Wow, just wow! All those of you who did not come out to see this venerable roots group really missed out. Even without Brent Dowe, the two surviving members of the Melodians put on an awesome show. Tony Brevett is definitely getting on in years, but sounds as good as he ever has. I sure hope I have half his energy when I get to be his age. I couldn't stop smiling through the whole show.

Those in other areas should keep your eyes open, you do not want to miss these veteran artists when they hit your town.
Re: Melodians mash it up in Portland
February 14, 2013 10:21AM
Playing @ Ashkenaz tonight! I wasn't planning on going, but you may have changed my mind. Q: Was it all lover's rock &/or Rock steady, or more rootsy?
February 14, 2013 12:04PM
Reggabe
Playing @ Ashkenaz tonight! I wasn't planning on going, but you may have changed my mind. Q: Was it all lover's rock &/or Rock steady, or more rootsy?

All of the above! They did all there biggest tunes. By all means, don't miss this. You don't know if or when you are going to have another chance to see these guys.
February 14, 2013 07:30PM
Sweet Melodians!
February 16, 2013 04:19PM
We've been seeing The Melodians several times over the last few years, including presenting them at Redwood Cafe in Cotati and they ALWAYS mash it up! They are indeed first class, one of the finest acts in the history of Jamaican Music and it's a blessing to have them touring today. Their shows make you feel great--just saw The Melodians at Ashkenaz on Thursday. Beautiful show, amazing mix of Rocksteady, Early Reggae, Roots and Ska with the wonderful Yellow Wall Dub Squad backing them. They also sang a track or two from their latest effort Lyrics To Riddim, which is excellent and can be found on I-Tunes. The quality of songwriting, harmonies and stage presentation are sublime. Hoping everyone will have a chance to see The Melodians for you are in for a real treat!
Really hope to see them at SNWMF soon come.
Peace,
Bagga... (Of BaggaJo)
February 17, 2013 07:47AM
My gosh. The last time I saw the Melodians, I teared up a bit, 'cause it sounded so rock steady-sweet.

I hear them saying you don't want me
You don't care for me
Not anymore....

Music to make you rock in time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login