Midnite <> 4/20
February 19, 2013 07:21PM

@ Roseland Theater 8 NW 6th Ave, PDX
w/Very Special Guest: MADGESDIQ

Saturday, April 20, 2013 ~ 8 PM ~ 21+

TICKETS AT: TicketsWest.com

MIDNITE
After 50 full length album releases to date and tours to the African continent, Europe, North and South America Midnite, whose shows can often last over two hours, have set a new standard for roots reggae. The band's most recent January 2013 release is Free Indeed on the Higher Bound label. Word sound and power from St. Croix’s griots, brothers Vaughn and Ron Benjamin of the Virgin Islands have shaped a sound that travels throughout the universe with its bottom heavy, improvisational styling.

[midniteband.com]

MADGESDIQ
Welcoming all opportunities to share his gifts, he can be found gracing the stages of concert venues, holding readings at coffee shops, bookstores, performing on college campuses, entertaining, educating and facilitating workshops for the youth in high school and middle school classrooms, as well as other youth service organizations throughout the state of Oregon, or on set lending his basketball expertise and creative vision to commercial print and television ads for Nike and Wieden and Kennedy (the number one independent advertising company in the world), and yes, even in the gym, either running in a pick-up game himself or providing skill development training to male and female basketball aspirants, ranging from the age of eight all the way up to the professional level.

An engaging personality with a beautiful spirit, who continues to gather enthusiast with each appearance, who seems destined to touch the lives of many, all while staying true to who he is and doing what it is that he loves, inspiring others to do the same; That is Madgesdiq a.k.a. Antoine Terrell

[www.madgesdiq.com]

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 08:38PM by Ras Danny.
Re: Midnite <> 4/20
February 19, 2013 08:56PM
What a show this is going to be! Thank you to all for your hard work bringing MIDNITE to Portland! Last year was an epic 4/20 show and this year with the venue being the Roseland it can only be that much more amazing!
February 19, 2013 10:22PM
So, does this mean the venue got changed or are Roseland and The Bobwhite Theatre one and the same.....?
February 19, 2013 11:25PM
The venue has been changed to the Roseland. Was at the Bob White theater but no longer is. Roseland is one of the premier venues in Portland IMO. The Provolt show the night before in So. Oregon will also be amazing. Seattle on Sunday the 21st as well. Not quite 5 shows in 5 nights like Nor Cal but excited same way.
February 20, 2013 03:49AM
And the next night in Seattle !!!
February 20, 2013 03:21PM
Yeah! I will be heading to the Seattle show as well Blessed Coast! Excited to see Midnite of course but also excited to check out Neumos. Had some Seattle folks in the restaurant I work at last night and they said it was a very cool venue. Also it has been 4 years since I have been to Seattle and I love Pike Market and that restaurant Peso's! Cannot wait for this awesome 4 day roadtrip! We certainly do live on the Blessed Coast!
February 20, 2013 06:57PM
Cool flyer!
February 21, 2013 04:53AM
Daniel
So, does this mean the venue got changed or are Roseland and The Bobwhite Theatre one and the same.....?
yes sir, means we are at the Roseland Theater now... ticket price has been lowered a bit and we had to move ticketing to
the company used by the venue / The Roseland Theater is the site of the most well attended Midnite event Portland ever
hosted.
(those few folks who've purchased adv tix so far, Your tickets will be honored)

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
February 26, 2013 07:17PM
Happy Tuesday to all! We are getting so close to Midnite's northwest tour! I cannot wait, fun story I wanted to share. For those of you who do not know me I am a freight broker by day as well as a huge Midnite and roots reggae fan. My job is to find good trucking companies for my customers. Today while looking for a good company to take a load from WA to TN I came across a carrier named MIDNITE, spelled the same and all. I thought to myself this is to good to be true. Anyway the company turned out to be owned by an awesome gentleman named Tony. Tony and I started chatting and of course I had to mention the VI roots band MIDNITE. Tony responded by saying he had hired a Rastafarian driver a few months ago who had made a huge impact in his life and had him listening to Burning Spear and other roots reggae bands. I ended up sharing a few Midnite songs with him to check out on youtube. He called back and not only took my freight but told me he had purchased Unpolished online and was so excited for the album! It really made my day, the commision was nice but the fact that there is another Midnite fan out there really made me smile. Feel blessed to have HIM use me today to spread his love! I even told Tony that they should have Midnite as their hold music! I would call them everyday to see if I could load their trucks. Tyler, we need to put you on hold. NOT A PROBLEM! LOL.

"LOVE THE LIFE YOU LIVE, LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE"- MIDNITE - Vaughn Benjamin!!!!!!!!
February 26, 2013 07:42PM
smiling bouncing smileythumbs upthumbs upthumbs uprasta smiley

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
February 26, 2013 07:48PM
The red green and gold face looks like he is frowning. LOL.
March 03, 2013 02:25AM

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 03, 2013 02:32AM

A 4/20 celebration event!
MIDNITE with Krsna + Blessed Coast Sound System

Sunday April 21, 2013
$20 ADV / $25 DOS 21+ Doors 8pm
Advance tickets at at Moe Bar ($2 service charge) and www.Etix.com
Neumos
925 E. Pike Street, Seattle, 98122
(206)709-9442
neumos.com

MIDNITE
After 50 full length album releases to date and tours to the African continent, Europe, North and South America Midnite, whose shows can often last over two hours, have set a new standard for roots reggae. The band's most recent January 2013 release is Free Indeed on the Higher Bound label. Word sound and power from St. Croix’s griots, brothers Vaughn and Ron Benjamin of the Virgin Islands have shaped a sound that travels throughout the universe with its bottom heavy, improvisational styling.
midniteband.com

KRSNA
Reggae grooves infused with jazz, rock, soul and funk flavors. Christian "Krsna" Czingula sings original vocals in a potent style with intricate, vigorous piano lines and insightful lyrics. The band includes Michael George Gonzalez on guitar and Robby Albrecht on drums.
krsna.band

BLESSED COAST SOUND
For the last 8 years, Triple Crown & Ryan I have created an essential hub for reggae and dance music in the Pacific Northwest, holding the infamous Wild Out Wednesday at the Wild Buffalo in Bellingham where the dance is always packed and the riddims, mash ups and special guests run deep.
blessedcoast.com

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2013 02:33AM by Ras Danny.
March 06, 2013 09:15PM
respect

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login