Re: SNWMF 2013 Presents - Keith & Tex
February 20, 2013 08:51AM
have always wanted to see them!

Great news!

Be well,
eric v
February 20, 2013 09:04AM
A chance to see a vocal group who rarely perform! Thanks guys!

Love that reggae!
February 20, 2013 09:31AM
Wow, kick ass!

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
AJ
February 20, 2013 10:12AM
Another home run by SNWMF! thumbs up
February 20, 2013 10:35AM
thumbs upthumbs up

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
February 20, 2013 10:55AM
Sweet. Rocksteady at its finest -- a truly "Groovy Situation". Rare as hens teeth, as I would say.
February 20, 2013 11:03AM
Great draw! My congrats to Warren & Co. for bringing these foundation singers to SNWMF!
If you all don't know, Keith Rowe of K&T has for many years hosted a reggae radio show on Saturdays from WBZC in NJ near Philadelphia that can be heard on the web.Here is a link to the show's info page. I don't have to tell you that the selections by him and his co-host Jerry O'Brien are excellent. There are also links on this page to his playlists and to podcasts, if you can't 'tune in' between 2-6 pm EST on Saturdays.
February 20, 2013 11:08AM
I have over 100 Sounds of the Carribean podcasts downloaded -- Keith Rowe's selections are tippy-top notch.
February 20, 2013 11:16AM
Wow just looked at the playlists from keiths shows and it is a nice mix of old and new in the same show.
February 20, 2013 11:32AM
Walter, don't know why I never made the connection, is this Keith Rowe, of Keith and Tex, the one who did "Groovy Situation' for Scratch?

Now I'm all alone..
February 20, 2013 11:42AM
Yep, one and the same.
February 20, 2013 01:16PM
Last month I got to see Keith and Tex perform with Santa Davis on Drums, Fully Fullwood on Bass, and Tony Chin on gitz. Of all places, it was here in South Orange County at Don the Beach Comber, Sunset Beach. Trust me, it was extra nice. Ketih and Tex still have the same quality of voice and vibes. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 21, 2013 06:30AM
Shockout Radio Family
Last month I got to see Keith and Tex perform with Santa Davis on Drums, Fully Fullwood on Bass, and Tony Chin on gitz. Of all places, it was here in South Orange County at Don the Beach Comber, Sunset Beach. Trust me, it was extra nice. Ketih and Tex still have the same quality of voice and vibes. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

looking for that show on you tube.. couldnt find it.. i did find this one.. which shows, i assume, an equal amount of vibes.

note how the crowd knows every single word to all these songs.. you dont find that too much when it comes to early-modern jamaican music..

February 21, 2013 07:25AM
"note how the crowd knows every single word to all these songs.. you dont find that too much when it comes to early-modern jamaican music.."

Don't think that's too uncommon BV, especially with Jamaican audiences. Even for a mostly American audience(ie Sierra Nevada) , there is a tendency to be able to sing along word for word; witness to Pat Kelly's performance in '08, there were people old and young belting out his hits as he sang them.

Now I'm all alone..
February 21, 2013 10:49AM
@ BV - I know my buddy got some footy of the show from his I PHone. i will have a look and see if the audio and video is good and ask around to see if anyone else has video.

Nice vid you posted though. One love
February 21, 2013 12:04PM
WHAT AN UNEXPECTED AND AMAZING SURPRISE. !!!!!!!
February 21, 2013 02:46PM
Another Nice Draw ~> Would probably have never had the chance to see them if not for SNWMF. thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
February 21, 2013 07:09PM
Hot Damn!! just gets better and better
February 21, 2013 08:10PM
Everybody with ears to hear will be all smiles and pure joy when Keith and Tex hit the stage.

bigvein
note how the crowd knows every single word to all these songs.. you dont find that too much when it comes to early-modern jamaican music..

That's footage from the January 2013 show in LA, Junor Francis' Skamania party. The recording doesn't even begin to do justice to how wonderful it sounded in the place. Here's some from the pocket recorder stop that train. It was the real deal - note for note, tone for tone backing band (which is booked for SNWMF too!). They even brought a real Hammond organ. Keith and Tex sounded great and had a blast. Incredible harmonies! After the show they took pictures, signed records and mentioned how thrilled and thankful they were for the big turnout from hardcore fans (some coming from as far as Mexico and Mendocino). Same thing with the Derrick Harriot show a couple weeks later - people knew the songs and cheered from the first couple notes, sang every word and a few called out for tunes Mr. Harriot had long ago forgotten. Next up, Junor Francis has Errol Dunkley coming out for 2 shows at the end of March.
February 22, 2013 12:41PM
TONIGHT !!!!

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
February 24, 2013 07:57PM
Stop that train, I want to get off.
February 25, 2013 02:50PM
Jah Mike
Stop that train, I want to get off.

Er...Mike, I'm pretty sure the lyrics are "I want to get ON"
Lyrics
February 28, 2013 08:40AM
Here is a audio sample of the Tony Chin Rocksteady review that was at Don the Beachcombers. I did recored the entire show, but here is Keith and Tex Doing "Stop That Train"

We are so lucky to have these veterans play in our area each and every Sunday, You never know who will show up..
maybe even you!!!!

Dj Yogi

Roots and Riddims
Monday 6am-10am HST
Manao Hana Hou Radio
91.7 FM
Waikuku, Maui
[manaoradio.com]
Streaming on I heart radio and I Tunes
[reggaeforareason.org]
February 28, 2013 08:52AM
Thanks for posting that Yogi- very excited to see these guys onstage!

DJ Big Jim

Ridgetop Ranking Reggae Radio show
Friday Nights 7-10pm PST
KMEC 105.1fm Ukiah, CA
[www.kmecradio.org]
SNWMF 1997, 1999-2005,2009-2014 (14 years attending)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login