Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I Grade showcase for SNWMF13

Posted by rossta8888 
I Grade showcase for SNWMF13
March 05, 2013 03:53PM
Who would you like to see from the I Grade family? For me it is The Nazarene's and NiyoRah!
Re: I Grade showcase for SNWMF13
March 05, 2013 04:00PM
Batch and Empress Ima...!
March 05, 2013 04:04PM
I saw Batch last summer at NWWRF and he was amazing! Got a chance to chat with him for a bit as well. Very humble man. Was pleased to meet him and would love to see him again!
March 05, 2013 06:16PM
I always forward Niyorah, great artist
March 05, 2013 06:23PM
My guess is if NiyoRah was coming we would have heard about it already, I am keeping my fingers crossed for a late announcement for some I Grade artists or VI reggae. The lineup is unreal already so it is not like they have to bring in any more big names. Does anyone know when the last time NiyoRah visited the west coast?
March 05, 2013 08:02PM
Batch is a very talented singer, songwriter and drummer. He deserves a SNWMF slot. I like Niyorah a lot too.
March 05, 2013 09:53PM
The last time I saw Niyorah in Calli was in September or October of 2010 I believe, it may have been 2011, but I'm pretty sure it was 2010, it was the west coast tour that Toussaint opened for him.
March 05, 2013 09:53PM
Which was one of the best live shows I can remember seeing that year
March 06, 2013 03:18PM
That sounds like an amazing show Redwood Rebel! I like Toussaint a lot as well. Someday I will get to see them! I also think that it would be an amazing time to see The Nazarene's after Meditation with I Grade. That is one of my very favorite albums in recent years by far!
March 06, 2013 05:46PM
Word rossta8888, pretty much anything I Grade puts out is quality. Toussaint is playing at ROTR this year so if you're planning on heading there you'll get a chance to see him. You'll appreciate his voice that much more after seeing him live
March 06, 2013 05:56PM
I've got a show from bolinas with Toussaint and the Amandla band from november in Bolinas, i'll get some vids out soon.

Love that reggae!
March 06, 2013 06:23PM
That would be awesome NOMO! I know Haile Bless put that show on and I really wanted to make the drive from Oregon for it! Your videos are so amazing I would feel like I was there!

Redwood Rebel, I will not be going to ROTR this year, SNWMF and NWWRF are the only two I can afford and take the time off of work. Plus I save my money to catch Midnite as much as possible when they are on the west coast.
March 06, 2013 09:45PM
I hear you rossta888, if only time and money were limitless think of all the good shows we wouldn't have to miss!
March 06, 2013 10:33PM
I know, I played the Oregon lottery for the first time in my life a month ago. Spent like 6$ on a few tickets because the money was 100 plus million. I knew I wouldnt win but that 6$ gave me enjoyment just thinking about all the people I could help if i did win, all the reggae I could see and help promote. LOL, sounds pathetic but was fun 6$. LOL. Hopefully someday I can catch all the shows I want to see! Redwood Rebel are you going to SNWMF as well as ROTR? What about NWWRF? Ever been?
March 07, 2013 09:26PM
I'm going to both SNWMF and ROTR this year. I've never made it to NWWRF....I hear it has good vibes, might have to make the trek one day
March 07, 2013 11:16PM
nice! I am curious to hear the reviews of ROTR this year! I have been to SNWMF and Reggae on the River. I loved both. Alpha Blondy was a big draw for me! NWWRF is all about the vibes! The lineup while I always like it is not SNWMF quality. But you dont have to spend as much money or fight as many people to get front row. I have been every year and as long as its in Marcola, OR at Bobs Ranch. I will be there. Who are you most excited about for ROTR and SNWMF? For me at SNWMF it is Alpha and Max Romeo as I have never seen them!
March 07, 2013 11:57PM
I'm also looking forward to Alpha and Max Romeo, but when Damien Marley breaks out ' On the road to Zion', i'll be smiling too!

Love that reggae!
March 08, 2013 05:22PM
I'm extremely pumped to see Max Romeo as it will be a first for me. Protoje and Cornell Campbell are both high on my priority list as well. But honestly, I'm most excited for Damian. Damian on the valley stage Saturday night at my favorite festival...I don't know how it gets better than that

For Reggae on the River they've only announced a handful of artists but I'm really stoked to see Chronixx and Kabak Pyramid. Prezident Brown always plays a great set with positive vibes so looking forward to that as well. They also just announced Natural Black who I've never seen live. Should be a great summer!
March 08, 2013 07:15PM
Yes I Rossta, Nomo & Redwood. Give thanks for the support!

The I Grade family is ready and willing. NiyoRah and Ras Batch backed by the Jah Current band have been presented as a package... As have the Nazarenes. So we'll see. Keep making your voices be heard.

Look out for I Grade's next release - the Songbird RIddim segment (produced by Zion I Kings) featuring Midnite, Lutan Fyah, Pressure, Niyorah, Ras Batch, Duane Stephenson, Jah9, Reemah, Glen Washington, Danny I, Junior P and others! March 2013.

... followed by a new album with Lutan Fyah... followed by a new Midnite - I Grade. Nuff works on the way!

Blessings
March 08, 2013 07:24PM
Nice! President Brown, Chronixx and Kabak Pyramid will all be at NWWRF! I am excited to see them as well this summer! I loved Damien at past ROTR and Reggae Rising. But I dont know a single tune he has done after the Welcome to Jamrock album. I liked that album just ended up finding Midnite and other VI reggae and steer more towards those tunes. But I know that Damien and Stephen will put on an epic performance and I too am excited to see both of them! Protoje! I have just started listening to him thaks to Sis Irie and Ninja (give thanks) and a few others on here. I hope he too is on the Valley Stage. I also love Groundation!

Nomo, I also like on the Road to Zion. A great song! excited to meet you this year at the festival! smiling smiley
March 08, 2013 08:17PM
I had heard about a new Midnite I Grade album! Thanks for confirming it is in the works! So excited. Songbird RIddim segment sounds amazing! IMHO I Grade compilations are the best. Weep Not and Joyful noise get playing time daily in my house. I really do hope that Batch, NiyoRah and Meditation's can be late additions to SNWMF. Tippy what about NWWRF? Anyway to get them to come to OR like Ras Attitude and Batch did last year? I would do anything to help promote I Grade and these amazing artists here in OR. Bless

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2013 08:19PM by rossta8888.
March 08, 2013 10:51PM
Rossta, that's awesome, sounds like NWWRF has a good start to their lineup this year.

Mad Respect to the whole igrade family, keep up the works. Looking forward to that Lutan album...
March 11, 2013 02:37PM
Yes they do Redwood Rebel and they just added Third World as the saturday night headliner! Nkulee Dube and Prez Brown on friday! It will be a good 2 days.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login