Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ras Pyek, dub poet from Seychelles

Posted by Sista Irie 
Ras Pyek, dub poet from Seychelles
March 06, 2013 02:08PM
I am trying my hand as band manager for the first time by bringing to SXSW an artist I met when I was in the Seychelle Islands last April conducting musician workshops. By working with the National Arts Council of Seychelles, we were able to have him partially sponsored by Emirites Airlines and NAC.

Ras Pyek, dub poet extroidinaire, will be performing at a showcase at SXSW on Thursday, March 14th at 9 p.m. CST.

He is arriving tomorrow for rehearsals and will be staying at my house for the next ten days. If anyone has any questions for the artist, please let me know. I hope to interview him on radio this Sunday.

Ras Pyek will meet several bands from Jamaica while here including Gyptian, Don Carlos, Skatalites, New Kingston and Uprising Roots from Kingston. I hope next year to bring him to Jamaica!

This photo was taken as he flew through Dubai today. Not sure who is in the photo with him but from my experience flying through that airport last year, it is spectacular and all the men and women in robes (some quite elegant) was a sight to behold.

Re: Ras Pyek, dub poet from Seychelles
March 06, 2013 08:01PM

Youtube video

[youtu.be]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login