Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Lineup is amazing so far but...

Posted by tahoearmada 
The Lineup is amazing so far but...
March 06, 2013 06:33PM
I think we need at least one more big name modern act... my first choices would be Konshens or I Octane
Warrior King would also be great!
Re: The Lineup is amazing so far but...
March 06, 2013 06:38PM
Agreed. My first choice would be Junior Kelly but I would be happy with any of those three choices too.
March 06, 2013 06:50PM
Agreed and I would like to add chronixx, kabaka, the melody makers, freddy McGrgor, Tarruas Riley, and Pressure Busspipe.
March 06, 2013 07:59PM
Chronixx would be my first choice.
March 07, 2013 07:25AM
Warrior king
March 07, 2013 07:28AM
Freddie Mac
March 07, 2013 07:37AM
Chuck fenda and I wanye
March 07, 2013 07:39AM
While I do not think the lineup needs one more act as it is really an amazing lineup. I do like to join in on the conversation and hope that maybe the lineup is not finished! NiyoRah for me. I like the Melody Makers suggestion as I hope to one day see them back together. Dont see Ziggy, Sharon and Cedella joining Stephen this year. But I love the idea! My 2 biggest wishes for this year was Alpha Blondy and the Melody Makers. Thank you SNWMF!!!
March 07, 2013 08:02AM
andrew tosh
March 07, 2013 08:14AM
... with no Burning Spear drama? Ok, then. thumbs up
March 07, 2013 08:18AM
ijahman levi
March 07, 2013 09:05AM
Walter, is Burning Spear that much drama? Burning Spear would have been my first request but I drove to Santa Rosa last year and saw Winston for the first time. Was a great show.
March 07, 2013 09:21AM
Hey rossta8888 - I think Walter is referring to an incident involving Andrew Tosh making a scene while Spear was playing on stage one year in Angels Camp. I do believe he is banned from SNWMF because of it.

And yeah - why not Burning Spear?!?

Jessica says bring Tarrus. smiling smiley

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
March 07, 2013 09:29AM
I think Walter was referring to the drama Andrew Tosh provided a few years ago in Angel's Camp right in the middle of Burning Spear's set.

Quite shocking to witness

Be well,
eric v
March 07, 2013 09:30AM
I would love to see burning spear snwmf 2013
March 07, 2013 09:43AM
2004 was when that went down...

Spear has come out already and said he's not doing any summer festivals this year... Ive given up on him as of late. It just seems like he would rather spout off on facebook about how ernie b is ripping him off then play shows anywhere...

How about bring in apple Gabriel and have groundation back him? They did a killer job playing apple tunes a few years ago when they took him out
March 07, 2013 11:11AM
Alborosie would seal the deal!
March 07, 2013 11:16AM
ace of base
March 07, 2013 11:35AM
konshens.... still mi first vote for a modern artist to be added.......

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
March 07, 2013 01:18PM
Miguel wrote It just seems like he would rather spout off on facebook about how ernie b is ripping him off then play shows anywhere...

After extenstive touring for many years, Winston Rodney shouldn't have to explain why he isn't out there on the road.
March 07, 2013 01:23PM
Jahsiah
Agreed and I would like to add chronixx, kabaka, the melody makers, freddy McGrgor, Tarruas Riley, and Pressure Busspipe.

Chronixx and Kabaka Pyramid are both playing at ROTR this year so I doubt SNWMF will book them also

with that being said, I'm down for some Warrior King and/or Junior Kelly
March 07, 2013 03:10PM
miguel
Spear has come out already and said he's not doing any summer festivals this year...

Yeah, but he said that last year too...and I believe he wound up playing a few dates. I thought maybe something had changed.

March 07, 2013 03:30PM
Thank you Dubguy and Eric V for filling me in on Walter's comment. So Andrew Tosh emberresed himself on stage during one of Spears shows huh. That is funny. Never seen Andrew Tosh.

Miguel I love the idea of Apple playing with Groundation. Not that Harrison needs help IMO. I saw Apple play with them back in Petaluma, CA when We Free Again came out. Was awesome! That and Hebron Gate with The Congos are my favorite Groundation albums. I love them all though. THE CONGOS, there is a band I am longing to see live. I wrote to the guy who puts on NWWRF last year and asked him for The Congos and he said they had tried so hard to get them and were close for 2013 but it did not work out.
March 07, 2013 03:41PM
I'd actually prefer The Congos over any other addition! (one can dream, eh?)

March 07, 2013 04:43PM
Pupa Alba!

Also co-sign for Konshens & Warrior King

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2013 04:43PM by DJ Treez.
March 07, 2013 06:01PM
chronixx and kabaka would be crucial add ons with protoje already in the stable.
March 08, 2013 12:37AM
Bitty McLean with Sly & Robbie and the Taxi Gang
March 08, 2013 05:15AM
Bring back Perfect. Still would love to see Clinton Fearonthumbs up
March 08, 2013 07:05AM
I'd enjoy seeing Coco Tea and Willie Williams again.

Ijahman Levy, too.
March 08, 2013 09:17AM
Another vote for Pupa Albo right here
March 08, 2013 12:25PM
East Bay Herbalist, isnt Clinton Fearon touring right now? I know he will be in Portland soon, maybe he is coming to the Bay too?

Pupo Alba? Can anyone fill me in, never heard of this artist. Thanks.
March 08, 2013 12:44PM
Jahsprey

Ijahman Levy, too.

yes please.
yes please.
yes please.

March 08, 2013 02:13PM
Rossta888.......... Pupa Albo ... Alborosie smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2013 02:14PM by VgVgirl.
March 08, 2013 02:15PM
Thank you! LOL, feel a bit silly now.
March 08, 2013 02:18PM
You're welcome. Silly is a good feeling smiling smiley
March 08, 2013 02:44PM
rossta8888
East Bay Herbalist, isnt Clinton Fearon touring right now? I know he will be in Portland soon, maybe he is coming to the Bay too?

I think Clinton plays in the Portland and Seatlle area decently often as he lives in Washington...I could be wrong though
March 08, 2013 03:09PM
HiGrade1
Jahsprey

Ijahman Levy, too.

yes please.
yes please.
yes please.

Cocoa Tea was by far 1 of the TOP Performances ( Close tie Between Jimmy Cliff & Cocoa ) I witnessed last summer! Would Love to see Cocoa Close down Shop Again in BOOMViLLE~>

Caught ina State of FULL-JOYMENT while watching Cocoa Tea last yr at Cooks Valley ~> Long side the Lovely MendoCostress

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
March 08, 2013 03:41PM
Clinton has lived in Seattle for over 25 years, and plays tomorrow at the reggae spot here in Seattle. Nectar Lounge. He plays about 1x every two months when not touring (often in France, the man is LARGE over there) He always plays two sets that are both 90 mins long up here. 12$.....

I feel so blessed to see him so often. BTW, I have a close friend that claims to have seen every performance in the Seattle area of his for the past 20 years.

Tomorrows performance will almost be as great as the first time I saw him...@ my first SNWMF in Marysville for the Gladiators reunion.

Big up Clinton everytime!!! drinking smiley

Forward to SNWMF 2013

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2013 06:56PM by spliffp.
March 08, 2013 06:09PM
rossta8888

I wish he would come to the bay more often..but like others have mentioned he lives in the pacific northwest and spends a great amount of time playing up there when hes not in Europe....
March 09, 2013 10:58AM
well i would love to see cocoa tea get added...
but i'm 99% sure he wouldn't be closing the show on sunday....

March 10, 2013 10:34PM
freddie mcgregor?
big ship showcase?
March 11, 2013 07:30AM
I guess I did not know we were so fortunate to catch Clinton Fearon so much here. Only time I have seen him was two summers ago on Sunday night at NWWRF. Was really a great show. Hope he comes to the bay soon for you.
March 13, 2013 03:13PM
spliffp wrote Tomorrows performance will almost be as great as the first time I saw him...@ my first SNWMF in Marysville for the Gladiators reunion.

Yeah, spliffP, the Gladiators reunion in 1998(actually it was 2000) was great, sort of, except for Albert Griffiths taking so many jabs at Clinton the whole time- I know how these things go but some of it didn't seem good natured at all, at the time, but maybe that's how it has always been between those two I don't know. Clinton's set that year though in marysville, with boogie brown, was nice, as I remember.

The first time I saw Clinton live was in 1994 , Ladysmith, British Columbia, at Reggae on the Island- a two day fest that featured Joe Higgs, Leroy Sibbles, Judy Mowatt, Pato Banton, and Chester Miller. The 3rd and 4th time would have been at Sierra Nevada 2004 and 2007, with 2007's set to open up on Friday being particularly outstanding. I also caught him in Austin Tx a couple of times more recently for his patented acouastic sets.
Clinton Fearon is a living classic-not to be missed, a genuine cool cat.

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2013 07:23AM by papaken.
March 13, 2013 03:40PM
ites ken.

i know i was also at that festival in ladysmith BC -- killer. did that fest also feature annette brissett, or was that the fest in nanaimo BC? i get them pretty mixed up, just remember lots of great artists at both fests...twinkles brothers were at one as well, and we snagged a nice interview with them and della.

but the memories are good, well, what's left of them... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
March 14, 2013 07:27AM
The show that I was speaking of in Portland I found out is an accoutstic set. SpliffP does he play those often that you know of? I live in Bend, OR so I want to try to catch him more since I am so close.
AJ
March 14, 2013 08:13AM
papaken
The first time I saw Clinton live was in 1994 , Ladysmith, British Columbia, at Reggae on the Island- a two day fest that featured Joe Higgs, Leroy Sibbles, Judy Mowatt, Pato Banton, and Chester Miller.
Clinton Fearon is a living classic-not to be missed, a genuine cool cat.

What a great line up for Reggae on the Island in 1994. Especially with Higgs, Sibbles, Mowatt & Fearon. Too bad Judy Mowatt does not tour the U.S. like she use to. Judy Mowatt & Marcia Griffiths also put on super live shows. How about the I-Twos @ SNWMF this year?
March 14, 2013 10:06AM
agreed AJ. i saw judy mowatt with sly & robbie in the late 80's and she did one of THE finest sets of music these ears have heard. truly a show for the ages!

as it happens, we were also invited to interview her after the show; it was our very first interview and to this day she was one of the most humble and friendly persons we have met in the business. she was very kind to us, especially as we were so green at the time, and i'm sure it showed.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
March 14, 2013 10:53AM
@ Papaken, I hear ya...I always have tried to ignore the bad vibz Albert seems to have over Clinton....It may be a big reason he moved far from JA long ago, just dunno.

@Rossta888, he plays some acoustic stuff around here but mostly with the Boogie Brown Band (his band). Def try to roll up here and catch the BBB shows as they are 3+ hours of pure roots and dance with Seattles best crowd, while the acustic sets are well nice but shorter and more watch and sway to the vibz.

Again....Forward Clinton to SNWMF 2013!
March 14, 2013 11:57AM
You are right M, Annette B was on that Reggae on the Island bill in '94 but don't remember her set for some reason. Also, the Nanaimo fest you're referring to was a couple of weeks later I believe, after we were long gone. My friend and I ran into this ancient dread in Ladysmith-he wouldn't let us take his picture but he handed us flyers for that fest in Naniamo and asked,"You comin' up for the 'Twinklin'?' Twinkle Brothers shows are known as 'The Twinklin' , I mean, everyone knows that.

at AJ Idyllic and gorgeous are not strong enough words to descibe the setting and overall vibe in British Columbia for 1994's Reggae on the Island. Two of the best sets I've ever witnessed were turned in by Leroy Sibbles(a solo performance though promoted as 'The Original Heptones'), and the great Joe Higgs. I don't know what was in that Canadian air and those majestically green shruberries but Vince Black and Fully Fullwood and his band were supersonic out there. 'Party Time' by Leroy Sibb-less and 'Step by Step' by Mr. Higgs were absolutely stellar. The empress 'I-three'- Judy Mowatt was in good form on sat night-and that might have been the only time that I've seen her live now that I think bout it. Roger Steffens was entertaining introducing Pato Banton and the headliners on Sunday.Carla Marshall was also there and regrettably remember her shouting for about a half hour. The big no shows for that fest were Big Youth and Shaggy. Additionally, the promoter, Brian Delisle, was one of the cooler folks I've ever run into on the reggae music scene. I'd like to tell him thank you again for the hospitality he gave us 'Texans' as we trudged up to Canuck-ville for the show. Man, that was awhile ago..........

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 10:29AM by papaken.
March 14, 2013 12:06PM
Leroy Smart Would be another nice Draw~> thumbs up

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
March 14, 2013 12:32PM
juanlove
Leroy Smart Would be another nice Draw~> thumbs up

Puts on a great charismatic show. pure forwards when he touches the stage in JA, which can not always be said for "older" artist.
March 14, 2013 02:15PM
spliffp
@ Papaken, I hear ya...I always have tried to ignore the bad vibz Albert seems to have over Clinton....It may be a big reason he moved far from JA long ago, just dunno.

@Rossta888, he plays some acoustic stuff around here but mostly with the Boogie Brown Band (his band). Def try to roll up here and catch the BBB shows as they are 3+ hours of pure roots and dance with Seattles best crowd, while the acustic sets are well nice but shorter and more watch and sway to the vibz.

Again....Forward Clinton to SNWMF 2013!

I will most certainly, really love his music and the Gladiators. Been listening to more of it recently. NWWRF a few years ago on Sunday night was my first Clinton Fearon experience and I dont want it to be my last. Please let me know when his epic 3 hour sets are going on in Seattle. 6 hour drive to Seattle is well worth those vibes.

Thank you SpliffP

Tyler

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2013 08:15AM by rossta8888.
March 14, 2013 06:21PM
Let's not just try to get the Easy Star All Stars back to SNMWF. They just seem to be on a creative wave of great music.
Check out First Light and Thrillah on your next trip to the music store.

See you at the festival.

Chico Massive
AJ
March 15, 2013 06:13AM
mosquito killer
i saw judy mowatt with sly & robbie in the late 80's and she did one of THE finest sets of music these ears have heard. truly a show for the ages!

as it happens, we were also invited to interview her after the show; it was our very first interview and to this day she was one of the most humble and friendly persons we have met in the business. she was very kind to us, especially as we were so green at the time, and i'm sure it showed.

m.

We also saw Judy Mowatt with Sly & Robbie here in St. Louis. It must have been the same tour. I do not remember who else was in the band that night. Another great night of reggae!
March 15, 2013 10:21PM
I love the line up as it is. I'm especially excited to see Groundation & The Green again. However, It would be great to have Steel Pulse as a headliner. Some of the past performers like Gentleman, Luciano, & Tarrus Riley would be a awesome as well... one can only dream.
March 15, 2013 11:45PM
The name Shabba Ranks keeps coming to me, when I see this thread.
March 16, 2013 02:36AM
I would like to see Train to Roots (Italy), Mellow Mood (Italy), but that is just a dream. I wish Kabaka would change to SNWMF instead of playing on ROTR. or I also wish they would bring Tiken Jah Fakoly. But again, I can only keep dreaming, I dint think I'll ever see those people over here. I would be happy with Barrington Levy though.
AJ
March 16, 2013 05:06AM
ZoulJah
wish they would bring Tiken Jah Fakoly.

thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login