Reggae on the River 2013 Line-Up
March 15, 2013 10:53AM
For some weird reason ROTR 2013 is not listing the line-up on the website. I went through FB and wrote down the line-up so far. It is OK, but could be way better. Let me knwo if there are any I missed.

They are calling this the "home coming." SNWMF is still KING!!!!!

Tarrus Riley
Julian Marley
Morgan Heritage
Anthony B
J Boog
Prezident Brown
Rootz Underground
Blue King Brown
Sierra Leone’s Refugee All-Stars
Meditations
Tousaint The Liberator
Kabaka Pyramid
Chronixx
Nkulee Dube
Paula Fuga
Modern Reggae Representatives
Re: Reggae on the River 2013 Line-Up
March 15, 2013 11:23AM
westafari
For some weird reason ROTR 2013 is not listing the line-up on the website. I went through FB and wrote down the line-up so far. It is OK, but could be way better. Let me knwo if there are any I missed.

They are calling this the "home coming." SNWMF is still KING!!!!!

Tarrus Riley
Julian Marley
Morgan Heritage
Anthony B
J Boog
Prezident Brown
Rootz Underground
Blue King Brown
Sierra Leone’s Refugee All-Stars
Meditations
Tousaint The Liberator
Kabaka Pyramid
Chronixx
Nkulee Dube
Paula Fuga
Modern Reggae Representatives

I was planning on going this year but the lineup ( minus Morgan Heritage and Natural Black) is ehh at best. Especially for $190-$250 a ticket. Hopefully the 30th anniversary looks better...

happy reggae
March 15, 2013 11:38AM
I agree, I expected more out of the line-up. With that being said, I'm glad we have a plan A, aka SNWMF 20th anniversary!
March 15, 2013 12:15PM
BKB!!!

March 15, 2013 12:18PM
The lineup does not even come close to SNWMF. Not even close IMHO. NWWRF also has a good chunk of those ROTR artist and for a lot less money. They have President Brown, Chronixx, Kabaka Pyramid, Nkulee Dube. Add to that Third World, Etana and Perfect that ROTR dont have and I think that is an amazing show for 70$. They also have 2 more artists they will be announcing. One of them should be pretty big because his slot to come on stage is after Perfect.
March 16, 2013 10:54AM
$250 seams like a lot for this line-up!!!!
March 16, 2013 11:13AM
They finally listed the lineup on their website. Is Julian marley really at the very top of the list. What a freeking joke!!!!! Julian can't hold down that spot!

Does anyone want my ticket? This shizzzz is depressing.
March 16, 2013 11:16AM
I will take your tic....$100?

Let me know winking smiley
March 16, 2013 11:21AM
This is my favorite BKB track in combination with a Jamaican Artist:

It's time for a revolution, a Women's Revolution that is.....
March 16, 2013 11:21AM
Go smoke another one spliffp.
March 16, 2013 12:15PM
Personally I wish we could have gotten Julian, very talented artist. Also jealous of natural black and meditations. Also maybe Gramps without the rest and BKB. Reggae should still have no problem selling out this year.
March 16, 2013 01:07PM
...smiling bouncing smiley

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 10:20PM by Ras Danny.
March 16, 2013 02:21PM
Easy there everyone....it says "More Artists to be Announced" at the bottom of the lineup. There will be some more headliners added, of this I'm certain. Can't let all of the goodies out of the bag all at once...we all know this.
March 16, 2013 02:51PM
Why is that? I would think you would want to announce your biggest draw names first to let people get excited as far in advance as possible and buy tickets as soon as possible.

Love that reggae!
March 16, 2013 03:35PM
jcom
Easy there everyone....it says "More Artists to be Announced" at the bottom of the lineup. There will be some more headliners added, of this I'm certain. Can't let all of the goodies out of the bag all at once...we all know this.

From talking with the folks over there these are their headliners. You won't see any other big names. Just some filler bands and DJ's as the "more to be announced."

I'm with Spliffp, and Ras Danny...tickets aren't worth more than $100.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 03:36PM by reggae.truth.
March 16, 2013 07:13PM
Better check your facts again Reggae.Trurth, Reggae on the River has yet to announce Slightly Stoopid who will also be playing this year.
March 16, 2013 09:03PM
nomotrouble
Why is that? I would think you would want to announce your biggest draw names first to let people get excited as far in advance as possible and buy tickets as soon as possible.

Not to question you NoMo...you know I have much love and respect. But ROTR is over 4 mos away...seems there are always some later headliners being announced to fuel the fire. Both ROTR and SNWMF have done this over the years. Plus, you never know what scheduling, financial, etc. factors are going on behind the scenes. I hope I'm right in this case, otherwise SNWMF will be the only one on my docket this year.
March 17, 2013 07:00AM
The ROTR news letter I received is calling Tarrus Riley, Julian Marley and Morgan Heritage their '' Heavyweight Headliners".
There will be more bands announced but these are definitely the headliners. I'm happy to see Reggae come home but for $250 with this lineup, I'll pass...

happy reggae
March 17, 2013 07:19AM

I'm happy to see Reggae come home but for $250 with this lineup, I'll pass...

Just to be clear, the cost of ROTR is $190 for the 3-day event, which includes camping. The additional charge is for people who want to get there a day early (which is not an option at SNWMF). If you don't care for the lineup, that's fine, but no need to 'inflate' the cost. Personally, I LOVE Tarrus Riley and think Morgan Heritage has a couple of great selections on their new EP. Anthony B always brings the fire and I consider Prezident Brown to be top notch in that, like Don Carlos, he seems to always seems to deliver....
March 17, 2013 07:37AM
Ya, jcom, it's probably that 'behind the scenes' stuff that i don't care to hear about anyway...although the lineup isn't loaded with exciting and new artists, there is plenty on that lineup to keep me happy for a couple days. I will most likely have to leave early on sunday but don't want to miss Paula Fuga, Morgan Heritage, Nkulee Dube, the Meditations, Toussaint and Amandla, Blue King Brown, Julian Marley, Anthony B or Slightly Stupid, if they are added. Sounds like a full weekend to me. However, i think the automatic inclusion of camping charges is wrong. Many of us camp elsewhere so we can get some sleep. Now i will be double paying for camping.

Love that reggae!
March 17, 2013 07:38AM
Daniel

I'm happy to see Reggae come home but for $250 with this lineup, I'll pass...

Just to be clear, the cost of ROTR is $190 for the 3-day event, which includes camping. The additional charge is for people who want to get there a day early (which is not an option at SNWMF). If you don't care for the lineup, that's fine, but no need to 'inflate' the cost. Personally, I LOVE Tarrus Riley and think Morgan Heritage has a couple of great selections on their new EP. Anthony B always brings the fire and I consider Prezident Brown to be top notch in that, like Don Carlos, he seems to always seems to deliver....

I'm aware of the ticket prices. If I were going to ROTR this year I would have purchased a 4 day ticket -$250. Not trying to "inflate" anything. Also not trying to bash the lineup or discredit any of the artist but I thought for the big homecoming event they would have pulled out some real '' Heavywheights". There are parts of the lineup that I like, Morgan Heritage and Natural Black but for me the lineup doesn't justify the cost.

happy reggae
March 17, 2013 08:16AM
Lineup looks good to me. Some big names I will love skanking to in the original venue of my reggae festival inauguration....That to me is the whole reason to attend. I love that place, and to be able (even if just for one more time) to go back to that place and hear reggae with my friends and family..... PRICELESS! Happy I bought my tickets long ago, and I'm sure when I'm coming home from SNWMF I will even be happier that I have another of my favorite times of the year about a month away.

@ Westafari, I stopped smoking and my offer still stands spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 17, 2013 08:47AM
Only 6000 tickets available to the public this year vs. the historic +/-12,000. The size of the crowd alone will make the return to frenches camp that much more appealing.
March 17, 2013 10:02AM
Don't hold me to this ,but I think Beres Hammond is also still to be added. I have been attempting to book him for my wedding June 15th and he will be in Europe. But I was asked if I wanted to book him in early August as he will be on the west coast then. Could be Reggae On The River or NWRF.
Reggae On The River will need to come with someone better than Slightly Stupid to get me there for the cost. I do wish them luck and hope it will return to magnificent show it once was. It seems like the entire line up is equal to 1 day in its prime.
March 17, 2013 10:44AM
no matter the price...... based on lineups and vibes my choice is made.

edited for clarity...

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 04:27PM by HiGrade1.
March 17, 2013 11:22AM
"Choice"?? I guess if its a $ thing for you I agree SNWMF is the clear decision. A wise man once told me its not a competition thing, purely two great festivals with their own benefits. Can't wait!
March 17, 2013 11:23AM
Stop saying 250, the cost of the event is 190. It's another 60 for arriving one day earlier.

Don't like the line-up? Fine, don't go. Personally, there is plenty in the line-up for me. People who would complain about a line-up of Julian, Morgan Heritage, Tarrus Riley, Anthony B, Prezident Brown, The Meditations, Natural Black, Chronixx, Kabala Pyramid, J Boog, Rootz Underground, Rockamovya (Groundation), Army, and more for 63 dollars a day cause me to question whether they are fans of the music they profess to love.

I have never been down with the 'us vs. them' vibe when discussing the richness of festivals that the west coast suffers under. It should be 'us and them'.
March 17, 2013 11:33AM
Forgot about Rockamovya, seeing Horsemouth is another good reason not to miss it:

Love that reggae!
March 17, 2013 11:39AM

I have never been down with the 'us vs. them' vibe when discussing the richness of festivals that the west coast suffers under. It should be 'us and them'.

BOOM!!!! (though I would change it further to "I & I" ) ........
March 17, 2013 12:11PM
in this tough economy lots of folks have to choose only one festival to indulge in....

i'm sure those that attend either festival will have a great time...

to me, the music will just be way better in boomville smoking smiley

edited for clarity.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 04:29PM by HiGrade1.
March 17, 2013 12:23PM
ROTR is only $20 more for 3 days of music - you are not compelled to pay the extra 60 bucks to arrive a day early.
March 17, 2013 01:14PM
To me ROTR is much more than just a music festival. Its a magical spot right on the Eel river without concrete and asphalt. If you come only for the music, maybe there are other events more to your liking. but none more memorable than ROTR. P.S. i have been told that there will be some music on Thursday
March 17, 2013 01:21PM
" There will also be some additional changes this year, which will result in an entirely different ROTR experience.
This includes offering a 4 day early arrival ticket. Ticket holders will be treated to an extra evening of sound systems and special guests"

The 4 day early arrival ticket is $250, the standard 3 day ticket is $190- Idk why it's so hard for some to overstand that.

PS I wonder who the "special guest" will be??

SNWMF is still the best festival I've ever been to...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2013 01:24PM by yellowberry.
March 18, 2013 03:23PM
Diesel
I have been attempting to book him (Beres Hammond) for my wedding June 15th and he will be in Europe.

How much would that little diddy be costing you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 03:24PM by jcom.
March 18, 2013 04:13PM
One thing nobody but Daniel seems to have mentioned is how the cost of the campin at ROTR is INCLUDED in the ticket price. I paid $170 for my SNWMF ticket plus another $70 for camping. That's $240 before internet fees compared to $250 for 3 days of live Music at ROTR plus an extra day of what sounds like DJ sets.

Secondly, the lineup may not have a huge name like Damian, Max Romeo or Alpha Blondy yet, but I've seen many people on this board call for names on the ROTR lineup to play at SNWMF. If you can't get excited to see Tarrus, Natural Black, Toussaint, Chronixx, Kabaka Pyramid, Prezident Brown, Anthony B, The Meditations, J Boog, Morgan Heritage, Nkulee Dube and others then stay home. I'm certain they will add some more names, a few of which will be big draws.

I love SNWMF til death but I don't understand all the bashing of ROTR. I guess some people can't move beyond past circumstances/problems and be thankful for the fact we have two amazing weekends of Reggae music a little over a month apart taking place right in our backyards.....
March 18, 2013 05:33PM
Redwood Rebel
I love SNWMF til death but I don't understand all the bashing of ROTR. I guess some people can't move beyond past circumstances/problems and be thankful for the fact we have two amazing weekends of Reggae music a little over a month apart taking place right in our backyards.....

STRAIT~> UP^/WORD IS BORN!

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
March 18, 2013 05:41PM
The 40 dollar camping is part of the fee regardless if you stay on site. It is not extra. If you want to camp off site you have to pay there also.

Let's do the math: 40 x 6000 = $240,000 for camping if you camp on site or not. Someone over there is a financial genious. Charge people for camping regardless if they are staying and make mad bank. Where do I join???

I hope this doesn't become the norm.
March 19, 2013 03:56PM
I didn't realize they added a $40 "camping fee" to the price of the ticket, but for me it makes no difference. Part of the fun is camping out with the rest of the masses, meeting people and roaming the site. I bought my $250 4 day ticket when they came on sale and I can say I'm stoked to be going to French's camp this summer
March 19, 2013 06:36PM
They are going to charge another 60 for parking. Get ready!!!! 300 bucks before you even get to start dancing, swimming, and partying.
March 20, 2013 09:29AM
westafari
They are going to charge another 60 for parking. Get ready!!!! 300 bucks before you even get to start dancing, swimming, and partying.

Damn, you really need to get yourself a hobby. Your little mad-at-ROTR bitch-fest is played out.
March 20, 2013 09:59AM
No one said partying at a festival was cheap. Lets look at all of my expected costs for rotr: 190 for the ticket, 60 for parking, another 60 bucks for off site camping, a hundred and fifty for food and drinks(being realistic), another fifty for the inevitable tapes and sd cards for the recorders, 75 bucks for gas, hundred for ganja, and what for a t shirt, thats almost seven hundred bucks i'm reasonably going to blow thru that weekend. Whether the ticket is 170, 150 or 190 just doesn't make that much difference. More important is will the fest run smoothly, will the performers be at their best, will the weather co operate?

And there's a lot of room for cutbacks if short on money, ride sharing, no off site camping, toning down the ganja consumption, no t shirt, bring some food, bring something to trade.....

Love that reggae!
March 20, 2013 10:55AM
Now snwmf, for me thats 170 for a ticket, no parking fee, no camping fee cause i stay at my beach house, t shirt 25, food 150, ganja 100, tapes etc 50, gas 100 , that comes to 600 bucks. I save by not camping but driving more, six hundred for the weekend. Not cheap, but these are my favorite weekends of the year so i make sure i'm prepared.

Love that reggae!
March 20, 2013 11:29AM
I hear you Nomo, for me travelling from Oregon I am looking at $ 800 to 1000. I do not worry about if I have to pay $60 more for parking or this or that. I have an amount I save up to enjoy the MUSIC, VIBES, PEOPLE, CULTURE and much more. These things are far more important to me than money. If I only save up $800 that means I will have to eat less, not buy an event t-shirt, not buy cds things that in the long run are not important. I think that you have to look at the whole experience. ROTR lineup is nice and I would gladly pay the price to enjoy myeslf there. But one CA festival is all I can make work this summer and IMHO SNWMF is the place for me. Not a knock on ROTR at all.
March 20, 2013 12:05PM
Hey Walter, this is one of my hobbies. How about instead of being negative, give some facts or reinforcing feedback instead of criticising other members of this forum/board? Do something that may be helpful like Rosta888 and Nomotrouble. At least they have something to say besides negativity.

I am stating facts, not opinion.

My only opinion I stated earlier was that Julian Marley cannot hold down the headlining spot. That is not a fact, but it should be.

What I am trying to do on this forum is to educate people on the dilemma that we will be facing in the future. If we let festival cost spiral out of control, they get rich and we get poor. I am trying to not let this happen.

Knowledge is key.
March 20, 2013 03:57PM
Julian can and will hold down the headlining spot. Just as talented as Steven and Damian. Maybe not the Damian 5-7 years ago, but today pretty close. No need to "educate" anyone on festival costs. It is common knowledge that the main goal of festivals is to make money, if they do not make money they end up closing down. i.e. the harmony festival. If you really want to make a point about the rising costs, simply don't go.
March 21, 2013 09:23AM
On their website they reference a $40 parking fee. It's not clear if that's only for folks who aren't planning on camping and just parking for the day or if people who are camping also have to pay the parking fee. In any case, I'm with Nomo, I expect a festival to cost a certain amount and come prepared to spend said amount.

I will say I agree with you somewhat on Julian tho. He has some tunes I like and I'm looking forward to his set, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he deserves a headliner slot. probably doesn't even deserve to headline over a couple other people on the bill (Anthony B, Tarrus, Morgan Heritage or the Prez)
March 22, 2013 07:05AM
I called and the parking fee is for everyone. I will stop venting now.

Mad lives to Sierra Nevada. King of kings, lord of lords.
March 22, 2013 08:01AM
The only thing worse than all these fees, expenses and unknowns would be no festival to complain about. Give thanks for the wealth of culture.

Love that reggae!
April 03, 2013 08:05AM
Jr Kelly just added the line-up. This is so incredibly huge. That is the biggest star on that entire list. Big up jr. Kelly.

HUGE!!!!!!!!!!
April 03, 2013 08:37AM
jcom
Diesel
I have been attempting to book him (Beres Hammond) for my wedding June 15th and he will be in Europe.

How much would that little diddy be costing you?

It's the same as booking for a show. It is a costly thing, but having someone play in your back yard is just so nice. So far I have the pleasure of having Brigadier Jerry and Lutan Fyah at my house. For my wedding I locked down one of the greatest female reggae singers of all time Marcia Griffiths.
April 03, 2013 10:03AM
I'd consider going to Reggae on the River again, haven't been since 1997 and my first one was in 1996-each year was incredibly irie and surpassed my expectations in every way. However, it is no coincidence that I have been attending Sierra for the past 15+ years.

Travelling halfway across the country is easier when you know you are going to meet up with people that you otherwise wouldn't know if not for a mutual love and respect for music. Some of these folks are who I would consider friends, some I would like to know better (just like Jah). I don't really have time for the personal politicking as it is much too short a weekend but it goes on but the positives outweigh the negs every year.

That said, the music is important to me as I come from a distance and I have to choose just one fest every year in Cali. Sierra Nevada has simply had the better lineup since 1998 and it is not even close IMO. That's not saying Reggae doesn't have good lineups -it does, just not like Sierra. I would love to see Natural Black and the Meditations..

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2013 12:03PM by papaken.
April 03, 2013 11:09AM
Pumped for the Jr. Kelly addition!!!! Gonna be a great weekend
April 03, 2013 11:16AM
papaken
I don't really have time for the personal politicking...

no doubt... sounds like folks are screwing up their countenance all because of this first world problem.

there are a few musical offerings.... the lineup and costs are as is.. pick your choice or both, and keep it moving..

its not as if this decision determines if your next meal is rice or beans..
April 03, 2013 12:26PM
Big Veinage wrote :

no doubt... sounds like folks are screwing up their countenance all because of this first world problem.

there are a few musical offerings.... the lineup and costs are as is.. pick your choice or both, and keep it moving..

its not as if this decision determines if your next meal is rice or beans..

Politicking at the show itself, no, but in my everyday....well that's another thing. My choosing between two offerings eh? Kind of like choosing between 2 , and only two, political parties. Your are right, my choosing between Sierra or reggae is similar to going either democrat or republican; in that my choice in either instance isn't going to really affect the course of my life.

I appreciate your cryptic message - writing your words in three sentences. 3 sentences are more effective, similar to maybe how 3 political parties would be more effective in actually making a differnece in our lives by giving us a more meaningful discourse and ultimately, a real choice. Liking your style BV- are you going to Galveston next weekend?

Now I'm all alone..
April 04, 2013 11:48AM
OMG! Natural Black And Junior Kelly! Who complained about the lineup 6 months early? Its like Reggae on the River lineup person has been reading my SNWMF request posts for the past 6 years...I don't even use internet initials like OMG.....I won't be going to any festival this year. I stand by my Sizzla vow. So please bring these two to SNWMF 2014-15...Woooooooo
April 04, 2013 02:02PM
Wow, I somehow missed that Army is playing (unless they just added him). He should definitely be higher up on the list. He alone might just be what pushes me over the top to make it up to this fest.
April 04, 2013 03:30PM
Neither Sizzla nor Busy Signal can get US visas at the moment. I am sure you will see them both headline Cali festivals the minute they are able.
April 04, 2013 04:19PM
They added Army a couple weeks ago but it was as you say low on the list. I gotta catch Army if possible, he played a great show there couple years ago.

Love that reggae!
April 04, 2013 04:22PM
Thornvalley
Neither Sizzla nor Busy Signal can get US visas at the moment. I am sure you will see them both headline Cali festivals the minute they are able.

Busy Signal isnt going to get a Visa anytme soon and to bad he kills it live.

Why doesn't Sizzla have a Visa? He's been here plenty. I for one would love to see him again.
April 04, 2013 04:29PM
I believe that Sizzla can't get a visa because of the LGBT issue.

my.firedoglake.com/heathen07/2012/04/14/who-is-sizzla-and-what-is-he-doing-now/
April 05, 2013 09:07AM
Agreed, the site is part of what makes ROTR so special, I couldn't be more excited to get back to the original site, and with fewer tickets available the vibe should be way more positive and irie than it was a few years back.
April 05, 2013 09:30AM
I am with Jcom and Nomo! Army is huge. Rasta Awake has become one of my favorite albums out of the VI. Dredlocks time just arrived in the mail yesterday so I only got one listen through but it is amazing as you would expect. I am holding my breath he gets announced at NWWRF. There is a slot available in-between Perfect and Kabbaka Pyramid and Chronixx. That would be huge!
April 05, 2013 04:21PM
rossta8888
I am with Jcom and Nomo! Army is huge. Rasta Awake has become one of my favorite albums out of the VI. Dredlocks time just arrived in the mail yesterday so I only got one listen through but it is amazing as you would expect. I am holding my breath he gets announced at NWWRF. There is a slot available in-between Perfect and Kabbaka Pyramid and Chronixx. That would be huge!

Completely off topic and I don't mean any disrespect in any way but I've noticed you find a way to work NWWRF into everyone of your posts. It's kind of funny...

happy reggae
April 05, 2013 06:34PM
I'll be down by the river........
April 05, 2013 06:42PM
I bought my tickets for ROTR last night. This will be my first time going and I'm quite excited. I think the line up is excellent, especially with the addition of Junior Kelly.
April 06, 2013 09:38PM
I agree. The addition of junior Kelley makes this festival that much better. He should be at the top of the list.
April 08, 2013 10:32PM
Does anyone think this event will sell out?
April 08, 2013 11:17PM
Count on it.
April 09, 2013 10:26AM
Definitely selling out
April 12, 2013 02:49PM
I hope JR. Kelly and Anthony B play back to back headlineing Friday NIght. That would be a great start.
April 12, 2013 04:16PM
Junior Kelly will be well nice, but I have some serious doubts Anthony B makes it given his recent legal problems.....I guess he is still in the US now tho?
April 13, 2013 07:50AM
spliffp
Junior Kelly will be well nice, but I have some serious doubts Anthony B makes it given his recent legal problems.....I guess he is still in the US now tho?

Ya I'm guessing this is one of his major last performances in the US. Does anyone know when his trial is? If he's found guilty then that's when his Visa would be revoked I would guess. To bad. Just makes me think of the Tune "One Spliff" or maybe he should have written "1 quarter pound".
April 13, 2013 10:56AM
I checked his web site. His 2013 performance schedule either has not been updated, or there have been no advertised upcoming performances posted on the site beyond Feb 2, 2013.
see it here
I checked the Georgia laws/ penalties.
Possession of 1 ounce or less of marijuana is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 12 months imprisonment and/or a fine up to $1,000. Possession of over an ounce is a felony punishable by a minimum of 1 and maximum of 10 years imprisonment.
Plus the loss of driving license.
Federal deportation guidelines for deportation and marijuana says
single offense of possession for personal use of 30 grams or less of marijuana is not a reason to deport an alien.
Marijuana Possession Conviction
 Deportable!
 BUT – simple possession + 30 grams or less + Personal use + One time is an exception to Controlled Substance Ground, and LPR will
not be deportable for only this conviction.

So; what he is charged with is over the maximum, and a conviction would have dire consequences for his USA career. A fast track of the case would have it resolved long before the first weekend in August.
Someone else in the crew should fall on the sword, bite the bullet, claim the responsibility for the herb.
April 14, 2013 10:17PM
I think that Anthony B could drag this court case out for a lot longer than a few months. Buju did it for a year or two depending on a hung jury. I hope Georgia will lighten up soon. The south needs to understand that ganja is not a "bad" drug and a few ounces is not a lot for that many people. I hope it a works out for him. Your USA career shouldn't be over because of weed. So lame IMO.
April 15, 2013 01:53PM
Speaking for a young reggae fan, Anthony B not touring in the US would be a huge loss. Anthony B was one of the first if not the first modern artist I really connected with and enjoyed his music from when I first started listening to reggae in middle school/early high school. I remember the first time I saw him live in 2007 and have seen him perform outstanding shows another 10-12 times since then. he always comes hard each and every time with the energy, vibes and quality music. Out of the numerous acts I've seen Anthony B is at the top as far as being a consistently great live performer. I've gotten many friends to come out to Anthony B shows and have a great who don't regularly listen to reggae. The man makes great music and is ALWAYS touring and promoting the genre. I'll personally be extremely disappointed if I can't count on seeing him perform live 1-3 times a year for the next 5-10 years.
April 15, 2013 02:42PM
Anthony B would be a huge loss. I get the most requests for his music on my show by a long shot.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
April 15, 2013 04:51PM
I see that Anthony B has been dropped from the line up on April 26th at the regency ballroom in SF. This is not looking good.
April 26, 2013 11:33AM
Now anthony b is back on the ticket in sf tonight. I have a feeling this might be a really dead show since this was announced today. 51.50 for tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2013 11:37AM by westafari.
May 01, 2013 09:04AM
They just announced that Chronixx, Kabaka Pyramid, Nkulee Dube and Army are all doing track sets Thursday night in addition to their full band sets over the weekend. They also have Ishi Dube, Wisdom and Stevie Culture set to play track sets Thursday along with more local/California based artists and sounds as well. Looks like it's going to be a fun coming home party
May 01, 2013 09:32AM
Thats sick Redwood Rebel now I'm really glad I will be there on Thurday!
May 01, 2013 11:22AM
Redwood Rebel wrote concerning Anthony B : I'll personally be extremely disappointed if I can't count on seeing him perform live 1-3 times a year for the next 5-10 years.

Wow, I'm getting old, I used to say the same thing about Burning Spear around 2004.

Now I'm all alone..
May 02, 2013 04:00PM
Have no fear papaken...Reggae keeps you young at heart. I may be a youthful cat, but something tells me you'll be hanging just as tough as I come June 21st my man!
May 02, 2013 09:12PM
Nice up rebel. I couldnt say it better.
May 09, 2013 10:28PM
90 days and counting! Who's coming with me???
May 11, 2013 04:02PM
I will be there. Looks like a great 4 days. I'm excited for SNWMF first tho, with the best lineup ever!!
May 11, 2013 11:34PM
Nice splif. Look for the eye ball in the sky. That will be me.
May 12, 2013 04:29AM
Eyeball in the sky.... For many years now? I think we have met sometime , somewhere
May 12, 2013 02:56PM
Yep. 1997 was my first year. I was 18 years old. I only missed 2010 at ROTR, first year at benbow. The eye has been there for many years.

Random, I think we have met. We should hang again. I will be camping near "the first waterhole" like old school. Come say what up.
May 13, 2013 04:39AM
Make it first waterhole 2014. I don't think I will make it to any fests this year. Although junior Kelly might pull me away from my travels.
May 13, 2013 12:01PM
Thursday:
MC Zulu, Stevie Culture,
Wisdom, Ishi Dube, Joseph Israel,
Ras Indio, Jade Steel, Madi Simmons,
Travis B. & Tito Minott, Chronixx, Kabaka
Pyramid, Nkulee Dube, Army & more!
Second Nature Sound, I & I
Vibrations, Blessed Coast Sound, DJ
Stepwise, Massive Sound International,
Jah Warrior Shelter, Hi-Fi, Rude Lion,
WBLK, One Wise, Red Rasta, Guerrilla
Takeover, Brimstone, Dub Cowboy,
Selecta Green B… plus reggae dub
poet Ras Marcus Benjamin

Friday:
12:00 Opening Ceremony
12:30 Woven Roots
1:10 Army
2:35 Toussaint The Liberator
4:15 Sierra Leone Refugee A.S.
5:55 Nkulee Dube
7:35 Kabaka Pyramid
8:15 Chronixx & The Zincfence
9:40 JBoog & Hot Rain
11:30 Tarrus Riley & Blak Soil

Saturday:
11:00 Reggae Angels
11:40 Prezident Brown
1:15 The Meditations
2:50 Blue King Brown
4:30 Les Nubians
6:10 Rockamovya
7:50 Natural Black
9:35 Anthony B
11:30 Julian Marley & The Uprising Band

Sunday:
11:00 Paula Fuga + Mike Love Trio
12:35 Garifuna Collective
2:10 Prestige
2:55 Junior Kelly
4:40 Rootz Underground
6:30 Morgan Heritage

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login