Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

surprise at Mikey Dread show

Posted by poppatop 
poppatop
surprise at Mikey Dread show
April 08, 2004 07:21PM
Saw Mikey dread sunday night at the Sweetwater in Mill valley...young man named Daniel Brown came and did three or four tunes...D. Brown's son...performed a wonderful version of Wolves and Leopards...gather he may be on the road with the dread.
Re: surprise at Mikey Dread show
April 08, 2004 07:26PM
I heard about that, he is playing here later this week. He was scheduled to do a few tunes on the local morning news program. I wonder how it went...

"Soundbwoy, turn up the mic. Original Mikey Dread tune. cut cut cut. Soundbwoy, turn up the monitor. Good Morning Portland, Original Mikey Dread. cut cut cut. Soundbwoy, mi cyaant perform if mi cyaan hear. Turn up the mic and the monitor, Original Mikey Dread" fully in the background rolling eyes.

Post Edited (04-08-04 15:28)
poppatop
April 08, 2004 07:28PM
cheese, what was that from ?
April 08, 2004 07:31PM
he has done that every time ive seen him. stops the show and ridicules the soundman over and over again.
my bro saw him at the EMP in Seattle, one of the best spaces in the world to perform and all he could do was complain about the sound and say that he was the original mikey dread.
Irie_Sis
April 08, 2004 07:31PM
i think hes doing his mikey dread imitation hehe .
April 08, 2004 07:32PM
how was his performance? did he stop the show and complain about the sound?
poppatop
April 08, 2004 07:38PM
Mr. Dread was very happy and friendly...we chatted on the sidewalk for some time...the show was very smooth...no stops..no complaining...band was tight..looking forward to the Independant show on the 18th with Tuff Luv Resistance...
flip
April 08, 2004 07:38PM
April 17th, 2004 - Saturday: Absinthe, 500 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101 - Info: (805) 965-5057

April 18th, 2004 - Sunday: The Independent, San Francisco, CA - Show time: 10:30 pm - 1 am, Opening Band: "Tribulation" - Ticket Price: $ 12 adv/ $ 14 door Promoter: Another Planet Entertainment- (510) 548-3010

mikey dread put on a great show at SNWMF last year....yeah he wines about the sound but I have accepted it as part of his act. I knew of some of his music but after i heard world war 3 i was impressed.

it's better to hear him wine than have him not show up at all (which seems to happen from time to time with other reggae artists)
April 08, 2004 07:39PM
thats great, i wish i could see him just perform. maybe ill check him this weekend.
jb welda
April 08, 2004 09:19PM
so this "the independent" place...a new name for kennel club/divis/justice league/etc ???

one love
jah bill
April 08, 2004 11:29PM
Yup. Toots will be there for 2 nights next month...
[www.theindependentsf.com]
April 08, 2004 11:59PM
-dis not the original jamaican reggae toaster mikey dread!+ everyone have some rumer dat follow dem. more the popular the star the bigger the rumer. so when a mazzive GIANT like 80's ras records &DATC crew ruler comes back around be sure to hear some crap it the fan.(jah knowz iNi hear nuff) so where do i* fit in dis all? well dec.3rd2003 iNi booked mikey for his first show in Tempe,AZ. since 1988*. sorry to say it was a small turn out in club we could have packed many more but never the less the vibes were hot & i* had people in person come up & quote dis being best reggae vibes a promoter has put up in AZ. in the year 2003. so as this mite be more than meets the eye to some because mikey may not be the most popular artist on market today but hear i* in. you say him complain about sound? iNi had the sound put up for him ourselves & he never complained about dat @ all once iNi got through check bizz dar be no more stopz seen. so cant see dat come from i* expereince but he did complain about the snapper i* served him even know the rest of band loved it as i* hired mi dread from cayman brac to fri it up for the group. i* could not really pass any judgement dar either because i* dont really like to eat fish much or any meat@ all so i* would not know diff in taste. it was expensive though, some fattyz from hawaii(this is a desert not a shoreline). but now after i* write all dis ting boasting iNi mission @ link-> [www.jahmeekproductions.com] why does it matter if he wants a good sound check? nuff souN mon around that just dont know reggae(but they can tink) & should stick with rock or whatever is the foundation because its a special sound that not just any little soundboy can get rite. forward the vibes! >^
April 09, 2004 12:09AM
Jahmeek seh "nuff souN mon around that just dont know reggae(but they can tink) & should stick with rock or whatever is the foundation because its a special sound that not just any little soundboy can get rite."

At the shows I saw, Scientist was running the sound. You tell him that he "just dont know reggae" and to "stick with rock or whatever is the foundation because (reggae) is a special sound that not just any little soundboy can get rite" and see what Scientist has to say.

cho

Post Edited (04-08-04 20:29)
jb welda
April 09, 2004 12:31AM
no shite b&c.

but let me add: ive seen him go off on scientist at the board. so if scientist is "nuff souN mon around that just dont know reggae" then maybe the kid has a point.

otherwise...next.

one love
jah bill
April 09, 2004 01:22AM
Bun,
that post was great, Mickey Dread is always punk'in the soundboy! I think it's funny. I love Mickey Dread, he does big himself up quite a bit though. He talks about how under appriciated he his over in the west, and how he is such a big star iternationally. Quote from last years SNWMF when he was performing in the day time " I man headlining a show in sweden, 4 times as big as this fest, blah, blah...Original Mickey Dread!"
I love him though, it just makes me smile.
April 09, 2004 04:25AM
-yagga yo+ maybe scientist was feeling lazy on da board dat dey you never kno how it sounds really unless your under moniterz but the rasta in control does not deal with current label industry & dar fuc*ery. at least give him credit for not selling out his first box sett out so cheap yet. but im not here really to discuss his attitude or his personal message because when i* play LP's like world war III with style scott on drums all that fuzz comes clean zeen. but anywayz, Forward u spelled it Mickey Dread just like a production/producer did on a english album back in dayz when him hit, forever stirring mazzive confussion about "is it mickey or mikey?" amongst fanz. a little history note for the under appriciated star w/ "original style". another thing also it is known for scientist & mikey to play together on various special occasionz like the dub splash up in canada last year where they together were listed as main event. so itz only team worx for i*dren to give a little YO' when dem troop up! peace, luv & unity!
jb welda
April 09, 2004 05:42AM
i think i just figured out what this "Post Edited (04-08-04 20:29)" business is all about.

one love
jah bill
April 09, 2004 06:18AM
-u tink someone had the blanky blank to drop it mr.bill? iNi kno. RITE>^
jb welda
April 09, 2004 04:07PM
no, b&c changed his previous message...it originally said something like "i cant even understand that (your prior message)" to which i replied "no shite...". made sensi at the time but now doesnt make sensi at all...makes it look like i am parroting his scientist story when originally it wasnt like that. no biggie, its just that now i know what that "post edited" business means...

one love
jah bill
April 09, 2004 04:22PM
yeah , i made a rude comment that was not needed, so i ammended it.
April 09, 2004 09:47PM
-alrite i* thought i* heard something but i* guess i'll turn the volume back up on i*reggae+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login