Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few questions regarding camping at Anderson Valley Brewery (for those who have camped there)

Posted by AlphaMonchis 
A few questions regarding camping at Anderson Valley Brewery (for those who have camped there)
March 19, 2013 08:11PM
So usually we camp on the fairgrounds but we're looking to try something different this year -- hoping for a bit more space, less dub step etc. I have a few questions though. How big is each campsite (roughly)? How many cars are allowed per campsite? Is it a reasonable walk to the campgrounds? We like to go back to our spot two or three times a day for beer and food. Also, how late is the tasting room open grinning smiley? Any other info is greatly appreciated!!!
Re: A few questions regarding camping at Anderson Valley Brewery (for those who have camped there)
March 19, 2013 08:19PM
You should speak with AVB directly but: 1) they offer FAR MORE space per campsite; 2) The cost (which I believe was either $75 or $80 for 3 days) is per car, so you would need to pay the 2013 rate for each vehicle; 3) It's about a 15 minute walk from AVB to the fairgrounds; 4) the tasting room is currently open until only 6PM but I believe the have longer hours during the summer months; 5) If you are looking for more space then AVB might be just right for you....
Re: A few questions regarding camping at Anderson Valley Brewery (for those who have camped there)
March 19, 2013 08:24PM
Daniel
You should speak with AVB directly but: 1) they offer FAR MORE space per campsite; 2) The cost (which I believe was either $75 or $80 for 3 days) is per car, so you would need to pay the 2013 rate for each vehicle; 3) It's about a 15 minute walk from AVB to the fairgrounds; 4) the tasting room is currently open until only 6PM but I believe the have longer hours during the summer months; 5) If you are looking for more space then AVB might be just right for you....

Last year there was basically endless space for camping. We brought a few bmx bikes and kicked it back and forth easy. No contest, hopefully the secret is not out.
March 19, 2013 08:28PM
I called AVB yesterday. Was told they will not speak to anyone about tickets until may 4th which is after there big beer festival.
March 19, 2013 10:08PM
Thanks everyone.
March 19, 2013 10:27PM
here is a BIG picture of most of the camping area.....at the top of the photo there are trees around the perimeter ALTHO AVBC DOES NOT WANT YOU CAMPING RIGHT UNDER THE TREES. The rest of the "back 40" camping area is open grassland (with a fenced in toxic pond).
The "front" camping area is all around the tasting room (the light colored building in the middle of the photo) and stables and is nicely shaded and grassy.

March 20, 2013 01:38AM
Avb is the place to be.
March 20, 2013 03:14AM
westafari
Avb is the place to be.
Yes indeed...
March 20, 2013 06:05PM
mulligan
AVBC DOES NOT WANT YOU CAMPING RIGHT UNDER THE TREES.

Are you sure? We were there for the brewfest last year, and it was fine to camp under the trees (it was jam packed even), what they didn't want was people driving their vehicles under the trees (it damages the roots). It might be different during the reggae fest, last time I did that was the very first year SNWMF was in Boonville...

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
March 20, 2013 06:17PM
AlphaMonchis
...hoping for ......... less dub step

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
March 20, 2013 06:56PM
Dubguy - you are right...They (nicely) ask that you do not drive under the tree lines....
March 20, 2013 07:58PM
mulligan
Dubguy - you are right...They (nicely) ask that you do not drive under the tree lines....

Yeah, the owner (forget his name) is a real nice guy. Last year we were helping spread the word on Sunday (after the brew fest) - a few people started driving closer to camp in order to pack up their gear, and we were like "C'mon guys - lets not ruin a good thing!"

March 20, 2013 11:45PM
What about showers? Are there any at the brewery? Paid? Free?
March 21, 2013 03:45AM
Bring your townie (bicycle)....
March 21, 2013 04:08AM
No showers at avb.
March 21, 2013 05:23AM
westafari
No showers at avb.
No warm showers atleast. They do usually have a hose set up on the backside of the barn that people use to wash up with....
March 22, 2013 02:07PM
Yes, they do have a spigot.
March 23, 2013 11:15PM
Get yourself a 5 gallon solar shower or two from REI or the like. Leave it on the hood of your car and you'll have a nice, maybe too hot shower to rinse off with back at camp.
May 29, 2013 06:07AM
So there's no buses or anything that gives rides to the festival? Thinking that taking bikes might be the better option.
May 29, 2013 03:23PM
... it's only about 1/2 mile..
May 29, 2013 04:34PM

So there's no buses or anything that gives rides to the festival?

There was someone offering a 'rickshaw' style pedal service last year, and I suspect they will be there again this year......
May 29, 2013 04:41PM
first year that AVBC allowed camping - they used their horse-drawn cart to haul people to/from Festival.
May 29, 2013 04:49PM
Daniel

So there's no buses or anything that gives rides to the festival?

There was someone offering a 'rickshaw' style pedal service last year, and I suspect they will be there again this year......

Yes - Zoki will be operating his shuttle this year.....
May 30, 2013 12:14AM
ooh. looks like he upgraded since last year..... smoking smiley

May 30, 2013 06:38PM
So what you're saying is, take a couch?? smoking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 30, 2013 07:08PM
i wouldn't... zoki runs the couch rickshaw racket in that town.... smoking smiley

June 10, 2013 03:02PM
What time do you guys recommend on getting there? We usually show up to onsite camping at about 1:00pm on Friday. Is it any different at AVB?
June 10, 2013 03:21PM
AlphaMonchis
What time do you guys recommend on getting there? We usually show up to onsite camping at about 1:00pm on Friday. Is it any different at AVB?
personally I like to show up on Thursday night to set up and get settled in. Nothing worse than heading out to a night of music and dancing already burned out from rushing to set up.
June 10, 2013 03:27PM
east bay herbalist
AlphaMonchis
personally I like to show up on Thursday night to set up and get settled in. Nothing worse than heading out to a night of music and dancing already burned out from rushing to set up.

So you think the earlier the better on Friday? I'm just worried about how good of a spot we'll get if we show up too late. A few of us work on Thursday so getting there before closing hours wouldn't be possible.
June 10, 2013 03:36PM
AlphaMonchis
east bay herbalist
AlphaMonchis

So you think the earlier the better on Friday? I'm just worried about how good of a spot we'll get if we show up too late. A few of us work on Thursday so getting there before closing hours wouldn't be possible.
ASAP would be the best, the campground gets pretty busy and fills up quick on Friday early afternoons.
June 10, 2013 03:52PM
Big up the Solstice brew/solar powered cooking demo event on Fiday the 21st @ avbc. I was checking their website hoping the taproom would be open on that Friday night and it looks like they are having a great solstice party form 11 a.m to 10 p.m rocking out some brew tastings (including their summer solstice brew), a solar powered cooking demo, and offering glow in the dark disc golf for snwmf campers at night! Timing is everything, should be a great time for all!
June 10, 2013 05:40PM
AVBC is awesome! Camped there one year with volunteers or something,can't recall exactly....but what i do remember is the owner coming out and selling us cases of winter solstice for 10 bucks....killer!
June 10, 2013 07:10PM
Hey you, that was us you camped with, haha! First year in Boonville even. tongue sticking out smiley

The disc golf is somewhat limited on the festival weekend: some of the camping is on the course.

June 10, 2013 08:16PM
i remember who i was camped with...sort of.. blurry that far back...how the heck r ya?
June 19, 2013 07:58PM
I camped at the brewery last year. It was great. Clean port o pots and shade. It is now sold out. Any one camping with 2-4 people who wouldn't mind take two extra ladies in their car. I guess the max number of people per spot is 6. We have our own tent and would be willing to cover entire cost of camping!

Thanks!
Nina
nfbrilliant at gmail to respond
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login