Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tommy Lee only has 9 fans at show

Posted by Diesel 
Tommy Lee only has 9 fans at show
March 26, 2013 01:05AM
I'm not a fan of Tommy Lee at all and I'm glad to see others don't support bad music too.
What do you guys think?

[dancehallarena.com]

Is this the beginning of the end of Tommy Lee demonic movement.

Dancehall star Tommy Lee Sparta was shook by his Trinidadian fans over the weekend when only 9 people showed up for his concert.

The “Uncle Demon” deejay was the headlining act on the concert slatted for Guaracara Park in Pointe-a-Pierre, Trinidad on Saturday March 23rd.

However, by approximately 2 a.m. promoters “Sparta The Concert” called off the show while staring at an empty venue. The handful of patrons who paid to see the deejay was refunded their admission.

Sources close to the promoters told Urban Islandz this morning that they are very disappointed and will not be booking Tommy Lee for another show.

“We are very disappointed because we expected a huge turn out and invested heavily in getting the venue up to scratch,” the source said. “We probably will not be booking this artist for another show because clearly its all just a hype.”
Re: Tommy Lee only has 9 fans at show
March 26, 2013 02:11AM
Lack of talent and a bad message, he's got two strikes already. Kind of odd to see a gothic type style adopted in JA, hopefully the trend ends.
March 26, 2013 05:12AM
Satan worshiping reggae???? Seems like an oxymoron.
March 26, 2013 08:39PM
A lot of modern day dancehall is what I like to call "stresshall" and this guy epitomizes the worst of it. I heard Pamela Anderson is still a fan though. ; )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2013 08:40PM by jcom.
March 27, 2013 12:10AM
March 27, 2013 12:21AM
The title should read, Tommy Lee only has 9 fans..........anywhere
March 27, 2013 02:51AM
Ras Trent's polar opposite.
March 27, 2013 07:41AM
So what..evil music is all over the globe. Dancehall, Reggae does not equal Rastafari. nor the other way round. Rasta can be manifest in all creativity all works.. and shall the anti-thesis. Nah worry if him pack a house..evil men do all the time. Blessed that this one did not.
March 27, 2013 09:45AM
Evil? More like laughable....
March 27, 2013 01:34PM
westafari
Satan worshiping reggae???? Seems like an oxymoron.

More time evil comes in more appealing packages, even the devil in the Bible is an "angel of light". Reggae has always been a genre of stark contradictions focused on the same things the devil perpetuates, greed, lust, violence. People are just shocked when 1's use it in such a direct way.
March 28, 2013 01:52AM
eediot promotor
March 28, 2013 06:31AM
Khari Kill run tings inna Trini....
March 28, 2013 06:04PM
I had no idea about this trend!! I was thinking the other tommy lee!! Either way they both suck
March 28, 2013 06:19PM
God awfull music, I think dub step has finally met its match!!

On a side note the video had some nice tittays
March 28, 2013 07:02PM
iriebarto
I was thinking the other tommy lee!! Either way they both suck

However you may feel about Motley Crue's music (and most of it is sugary crap), anyone who's seen them live can attest that Tommy Lee does not suck.

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
March 28, 2013 07:05PM
I'm with you Iriebarto.... till this thread I had NO idea who this guy was, don't think I've ever heard his music till I pressed play on that video... Completely unimpressed.
March 29, 2013 04:29AM
Dubguy, he might have skills, but he still sucks in my book.. They have a name for dudes like him.. Something like a douche
March 29, 2013 02:22PM
"one of these days when you hear a voice say come,
who you gonna run to?"

that voice is the reaper, the piper.. coming to collect..

truth and reality heard by those with ears to hear.. deep within this simple, sing-songy tune.
some people cant get beyond the smiley touristy feel of this tune.. but the lyrics deep..

March 29, 2013 02:48PM
iriebarto
Dubguy, he might have skills, but he still sucks in my book.. They have a name for dudes like him.. Something like a douche

haha! Point taken

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
March 29, 2013 03:27PM
iriebarto

That's what I use to think until I met him....About 5 or so years ago I was asked to help with some spinal health care problems (I'm a Doctor of Chiropractic) for Tommy Lee and his tour manager at their hotel as they passed thru Seattle for a Motley Crue thing . At first I said no, cuz I had thought he was a "douche". I then remembered that I help everyone, douche or not at my practice so I went and helped them out. He was very respectful and "normal". After I checked out their spines, he invited me to stay and hang out for a bit. He asked me about my family, where I was from, how I got into my profession, and we had a really great conversation. Funny part was when he asked if I was going on any vacations this summer and I said that I was about to leave for this thing called Reggae On The River (think it was the last year). He said "is that the reggae festival on the Eel river in Humboldt? He had just heard about it a month or so before and had been checking it out online....lol

The experience was a lot different than I thought it would be. I have met many famous rasta JA stars that treated me with much less respect. The reality is you really don't know much about these stars, and what we see on TV, stage, videos some times are nothing like the real ting....
March 29, 2013 03:58PM
Hate to break it to you but there have been many reggae shows with bonafide artists who drew less paying customers than that...so don't be so quick to make fun of the guy.

ok
fred
March 29, 2013 04:06PM
Ya, i've been to a couple shows with less than 20 fans present, but the artist PERFORMED anyway. Thats what i got out of this article, Tommy Lee has nine fewer fans now.

Love that reggae!
March 29, 2013 04:22PM
I've been to a perfect giddimani show with about 12 people total in the place!! Had to do with horrible promotion tho! I didn't hear about it till hours before and my friend that told me about it couldn't even make it cuz his ride situation .. Giddimani still performed.. A pretty short and sad set but it was obvious why..

It's not about who shows up, it's about how horrible that "music" is
March 29, 2013 06:16PM
spliffp

The experience was a lot different than I thought it would be. I have met many famous rasta JA stars that treated me with much less respect. The reality is you really don't know much about these stars, and what we see on TV, stage, videos some times are nothing like the real ting....

thumbs up
March 29, 2013 06:50PM
I saw Johnny Clarke play to about 10 people at Moe's Alley a few years back. By the end of the show he was playing to two people on the dancefloor, myself included. Big up Mr. Clarke, doing it nice for me on a quiet Sunday night.
jps
March 29, 2013 08:00PM
Saw Lutan Fyah about a year ago here in Durham at a very small spot....about 40 people or so. Luckily found out about the show the day before. I was speaking to him before the show and he said that he puts the same passion into every show, whether it be 50 or 5000. He played for over an hour and was very into it, even though you could tell he wasn't that familiar with the backing band too. A true humble artist.

Was one of my favorites for many years, but that show really put him at the top of my list.
March 29, 2013 09:53PM
SpliffP and I went to 19 Broadway to see Clinton Fearon and the Boogie Brown Band circa 2001 or 2002. The band started up right after our group of 4 walked in. They played two full sets of music for maybe 10-15 people. It was only my second time seeing him (first was SNWMF 2000) and the show was great. Clinton chatted us up between sets as well.
March 29, 2013 10:14PM
Such a fun night Andy....I even remember Parm and I playing some of his african instruments at "half time"....Great days!!
March 30, 2013 12:04AM
Maybe we should talk about artists like these instead

PROTOJE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2013 12:18AM by lloydstanbury.
March 30, 2013 12:06AM
Maybe we should talk about artists like these instead

CHRONIXX
March 30, 2013 02:49AM
Lloyd just nailed it.. Conversation done.. Tommy who?
March 30, 2013 01:19PM
iriebarto
Dubguy, he might have skills, but he still sucks in my book.. They have a name for dudes like him.. Something like a douche[/quote

Regarding Tommy Lee(he of rock, not current JA dancehall), having observed him during an in-store meet & greet on the day of his solo LP release, I found him a genial and good natured rock musician, who wore a grin and showed sincere appreciation for his fan base(which, as I pointed out to my staff, included the cream of my region's professional lap-dancers).

Actually, you know who he reminded me of?? That character in the male enhancement ads who (as Lee does) has that big as* grin going on, as his wife stands in the background looking transcendentally post-coital.winking smiley
March 30, 2013 03:42PM
1998, Dread and Irie Club, Dallas, Tx-Justin Hinds , maybe 9 people. Justin performed admirably but he was visibly upset. Sad day, that one
March 31, 2013 01:46AM
papaken
1998, Dread and Irie Club, Dallas, Tx-Justin Hinds , maybe 9 people. Justin performed admirably but he was visibly upset. Sad day, that one

Saw that him on that tour----Justin was brilliant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login