AUSTIN'S WORLD MUSIC FEST IN APRIL
March 29, 2013 02:53PM
Re: AUSTIN'S WORLD MUSIC FEST IN APRIL
March 29, 2013 03:21PM
Thanks, Lloyd for posting. I will be part of this festival in my usual capacity. The venue is fantastic- on the river but on the East side of town (Mexican American Cultural Center and park)

After discussions with the promoter, I think, if successful, this could easily grow into a three day festival much like SNWMF. It is exciting to watch and participate in it's birth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2013 04:47PM by Sista Irie.
March 29, 2013 04:08PM
Are you a full time publicity agent now ms irie?

ok
fred
March 29, 2013 04:40PM
No, ok Fred- not hired by anyone to promote anything except for some photography gigs. I did however work on marketing for Songs of Redemption because years working on the side with two federal prisons in the US made me very excited about the use of music for rehabilitation. Attending the private screening in Kingston where I was able to meet some of the prisoners who appeared in the movie, gave me additional passion to see this movie, to be seen not just by reggae or music enthusiasts but to expand its scope to legislators, prison officials in the US, criminology professors, etc. I am super jazzed in addition to helping capture promotional photographs, etc. Nando, the Executive Producer is also inspirational.

Thanks for asking about my role with what I post so I can make sure everyone is clear on my intentions. I have been waiting for a very long time for serious discussion of Rastafari, conscious reggae music, societal revolution for many of the topics that are now surfacing nearly in perfect alignment. I am an old social activist...yes old by most standards...63, in fact and can't help but LOVE to see and hear the slumber be broken and the revolutionary voices come alive by old and young alike. I believe that the arts are one vessel that not only document social change but also influence the way people think resulting in possible improved futures.

I hope you will be just as interested. loved your comment on the Coral Gardens March.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2013 04:46PM by Sista Irie.
March 29, 2013 05:02PM
Sista Irie, I think you possess all the attributes to make an excellent publicity agent.
March 29, 2013 08:14PM
lloydstanbury
Sista Irie, I think you possess all the attributes to make an excellent publicity agent.

seconded!

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login