Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blessed Earthstong and in Raspectful Remembrance of the late great FREE I aka JEFF DIXON

Posted by Haile Bless 
Blessed Earthstong and in Raspectful Remembrance of the late great FREE I aka JEFF DIXON
March 31, 2013 12:15PM
Have to give raspect where raspect is due, and to the man most well known as Free I, it most certainly is! I dont have time to get too deep into his-story right now, but many know it already. I will just say quickly that he was a man of many many talents and great visions, far ahead of his time. Besides being a well known and raspected radio personality (both in JA and the US) also and first known as Jeff Dixon, he was a singer, a producer, a engineer, a teacher, a man who wanted to bring solar power to Jamaica, long before it was a trend here or anywhere. He was a Rasta and a powerful voice to lead the people, maybe more powerful then some liked? Just like his very close friend Peter Tosh, who he was shot and killed alongside. He was also the father of one of my all time favorite artists Kulcha 'Naki' Knox, who was his first born son. Sending love and prayers to all his family today and always... His wife, Mama Joi is writing a book about his life and works, that will hopefully be coming out soon.

"From di inner city of Kingston, over across di cosway to di suntan beaches of Hillshire, over di green hills of Walkerswood, through di curves an turns of Furn Gully, along di coast.. You're tuned into JBCSM in total stereo." ~ Free I
Re: Blessed Earthstong and in Raspectful Remembrance of the late great FREE I aka JEFF DIXON
March 31, 2013 12:34PM
RIP Free I:

Re: Blessed Earthstong and in Raspectful Remembrance of the late great FREE I aka JEFF DIXON
March 31, 2013 12:57PM
March 31, 2013 01:02PM
March 31, 2013 01:49PM
Ok, 1 more for today, cause this a one is SUPERBAD, yep that's Naki's dad smiling smiley

March 31, 2013 09:01PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login