Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I miss liner notes.....

Posted by akee123 
I miss liner notes.....
April 03, 2013 03:48PM
One of the thrills of buying albums was reading about who played on the tracks and who produced certain tracks.

How come ITunes and other online programs can't find a way to include them?
Re: I miss liner notes.....
April 03, 2013 03:53PM
I agree!
April 03, 2013 04:01PM
Good question, and one that needs addressing. Good call!

Just like reading the cereal box while eating breakfast (long ago in my youth), new albums & CD's were usually first listened to while scanning the info/pics. IMO it really helped link fans and artists, and made a more lasting impression. These days I can hear a song for 6 months and still not know all the lyrics, etc. - whereas if you read along on the first listen, it sticks with you.

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
April 03, 2013 04:05PM
Don't forget the fold-out liner notes in cassette cases....
April 03, 2013 05:54PM
good past thread on liner notes..... [snwmf.com]
April 03, 2013 08:53PM
iTunes can include liner notes. It's reffered to as a "Digital booklet." I upload them from time to time in my day job. The problem is most labels/producers/artists just don't provide them - so if they don't give us info for a digital booklet we can't make one and have to just upload the cover artwork
April 03, 2013 09:06PM
Ras James
.... The problem is most labels/producers/artists just don't provide them -

well, they oughta....but it would no doubt raise the price of CDs a couple of bucks.
April 03, 2013 09:12PM
mulligan
Ras James
.... The problem is most labels/producers/artists just don't provide them -

well, they oughta....but it would no doubt raise the price of CDs a couple of bucks.

I agree with you 100% and try to convince clients of mine who are doing albums that it's worthwhile. (and in the digital realm, it doesn't really cost extra money - just the time to compile the notes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login