Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jamaica

Posted by iriebarto 
Jamaica
April 05, 2013 03:57PM
Now that I've got a pretty solid idea of where we will be going, would anyone care to share some things to do that are off the beaten path And not in the travel books??

We will be on the island June 11-25 and spending 3 days in negril, 4 in Belmont, and 6 in port Antonio (then to mobay the day before our flight)..

Really stoked on the stay in Belmont.. Staying at shades cottages, seems like a cool rasta..

Thanks guys
Re: Jamaica
April 05, 2013 05:21PM
Rockfield Bird Sanctuary in Anchovy- feed a hummingbird on your finger!
April 05, 2013 05:53PM
Thanks Jim!! I bet my girl would love that
April 08, 2013 04:58AM
You always need a good driver in JA... Someone that knows the local places...I go to JA about 4 times a year love it...My friend he is also an artist takes us to stage shows the best Rasta food and just natural vibes, good water spots...876-575-5027 safe driver, good price and is Rastaman this is him good person to link up with yah mon have a blessed trip..

April 08, 2013 12:26PM
Belmont is one of my favorite corners in JA----sweet runnings and a fine beach right there @ Bluefields. I love to stay there and have it as a quiet base for just hanging out. Because I take a rental car, I head there on my yearly trip: after maybe 2 days of taking care of business in Kingston, I usually leave there for this fishing village in Westmoreland.

Belmont also has Peter Tosh's crypt----it's a place where there's 'not a lot' going on, but that's a plus in my book. Well out of the industrial tourist area, but with a fine view of the ocean and the hills steeply rising over your shoulder. No hustle.

Going to Port Antonio is also a smart move---what a beautiful town! While there, try & check Blue Lagoon near Fairy Hill, Frenchman's Cove(astounding beach), and take a ride up the steep road to the Bonnie View Hotel---that's the setting in the movie where Peter O' Toole & Joanna Cassidy have breakfast with this extraordinary view of Port Antonio below.

Bet you have a fine time....
April 08, 2013 09:11PM
Give thanks..

Jah guide where is that guide based out of??

Papa ray those spots are high on my list.. We are gonna spend a night or 2 at a spot right above the blue lagoon called kanopi house.. They have kayaks for guests to use so were gonna spend a day out at sea with a packed lunch and a bottle of rum.. Monkey island is right there too.. Gonna be great!! Belmont should be just what iam looking or too!!

Respect
April 08, 2013 10:57PM
Mask and Snorkel! And some ruff gloves for grabbing a lobster if you wish.
April 08, 2013 11:03PM
Check! Got some sets from cosco.. 40$ they seem pretty good too... But iam gonna need plenty rum punch to get over my fear of jelly fish.. All will be good tho
April 09, 2013 02:02AM
Not so many jellies, except the coconut kind!
April 09, 2013 03:47AM
Iam so excited I forget to breath sometimes
April 09, 2013 05:52AM
His name is Kurrency (not like money thing)
He is from the country Hunts town in the Hills
Drives to Kingston Mont Bay Negril Portland etc
He is a good Rasta man to link up with, well respected
Hopefully coming to Cali to perform bye end of summer
Your journey will be blessed all the way feeling red smiley
April 09, 2013 05:37PM
Trip of a life time Bro! Excited for you. Look forward to reasoning with you before you go!
April 09, 2013 11:40PM
jahguide
You always need a good driver in JA... Someone that knows the local places...I go to JA about 4 times a year love it...My friend he is also an artist takes us to stage shows the best Rasta food and just natural vibes, good water spots...876-575-5027 safe driver, good price and is Rastaman this is him good person to link up with yah mon have a blessed trip..

I don't really have a specific driver when I go to Jamaica so I'll take down this number.

I could use a SAFE driver thats for sure. Last visit my wife and I almost got killed on our way to Negril from MoBay. We ended up going three abreast at 60mph to avoid a head-on and our driver was partly at fault. Talk about a buzz-killer!

Thanks for sharing this info
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login