Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Honest question about Groundation?

Posted by akee123 
Re: Honest question about Groundation?
April 12, 2013 06:39PM
Thanks everyone for all the information! Spliffp great memory. Soccer is a huge passion of mine! I am known in Bend, OR as that soccer, reggae guy. All my friends call Midnite 3am because i am always telling them about my shows and how they came on at Midnite and played till 3am. LOL I get up very early on my weekend mornings to watch european football! No better sport IMO.

I do know that song spliffp from the World cup in South Africa. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Grade yous seem right, I was checking out some of his newer stuff on youtbe and much like the song you posted does have a hip hop kinda vibe. But seems that he is just a very talanted muscian. This will be a fun show.
AJ
April 12, 2013 07:39PM
rossta8888

Valley stage is the main stage yeah?

That's right. The other stage is the Village Stage in the wooded area (with the painted party wagon) near the main gate. drinking smiley
April 12, 2013 07:56PM
AJ
rossta8888

Valley stage is the main stage yeah?

That's right. The other stage is the Village Stage in the wooded area (with the painted party wagon) near the main gate. drinking smiley

I always thought that was kinda confusing, we should switch it to the Sunny Stage and the Shady one.

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
April 12, 2013 08:15PM
Dubguy
...... the Shady one.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
April 12, 2013 08:19PM
Thanks AJ and Dubguy. I was at SNWMF 08 and never knew there was a second stage. LOL. I remember the guy I went with saying he saw SOJA when we met at camp later that day. I was shocked because I had been at the stage all day and their was no SOJA. I have wanted to go back, but end up at NWWRF and traveling to see Midnite and thats about all my schedule and budget would allow. So excited to meet a lot of you this year at the meet up!
April 12, 2013 10:08PM
This is k'nnan, I've been rocking this for the last 4 years and still love it thus mix stay in my iPod mi rotation steadily.
[www.jperiod.com]
April 13, 2013 01:39AM
Reggabe
K'Naan put on an excellent performance at the last ROTR @ French's Camp, before anyone knew who he was. Looking forward to seeing him again!

It was smooth...ROTR 2006 with "The Dusty Footed Philosopher". Sorry to be gettin off topic of OP
April 13, 2013 01:43AM
More off topic (sorry), but listen to the difference between album and live versions of "Ring Out a Chant". Love em both!

April 15, 2013 03:52PM
k'naan is one of my favorite rappers since reggae on the river show
April 15, 2013 09:17PM
Jcom alot of Midnite's songs IMO are different live. He is Jah, the perfect opening song for a Midnite show. Yet when you hear it on the album sounds nothing like the song live. Not even close.
BZM
April 17, 2013 09:24PM
All the guys whining about the sound of Harrison's voice: I've never heard him sing a flat note the three times I've seen them perform. Or a sharp one, at that. That's more than I can say for 95% of singers in live, LOUD amplified settings. His ear and his technique is impeccable... it's one thing to say his voice isn't your "thing", but there is no doubt of his tremendous abilities as a singer and a performer.
April 17, 2013 09:40PM
i don't think anyone was really whining about it....
really, this is one of the most civil music discussions this phorum has seen in quite a while....
give thanks for that....

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
April 17, 2013 09:44PM
HiGrade1
i don't think anyone was really whining about it....
really, this is one of the most civil music discussions this phorum has seen in quite a while....
give thanks for that....

true -

until dude comes on here talking about "whining"....
BZM
April 17, 2013 10:44PM
I wasn't calling anyone in this thread out in particular; mainly addressing Harrison's (seemingly) many detractors.
April 17, 2013 10:57PM
I don't think anyone on here thinks he doesn't have talent - it's more of a preference thing. I think everyone can agree he has a fairly unique tone, and some like it a lot, some don't really get it - and some like me enjoy it in smaller doses. I've seen them live and enjoyed their whole set, he's just not the singer I would hire to voice on any of my recordings.

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
April 17, 2013 11:07PM
I know my tastes and preferences are not whining.

If everybody thought "there is no doubt of his tremendous abilities as a singer" we would not be having such a pleasant, and spirited, discussion. And I'd buy some more of their music and see their shows when they come through my town. But I don't. There is no doubt about that.

Chances are, I'll catch some of their set at SNWMF and like it. They can definitely play.
April 17, 2013 11:12PM
i love your style, gary!

see you in june; you know where!

m.

* [www.shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
April 18, 2013 12:26AM
Likewise, and otherwise, MK. See you soon....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login