Re: Johnny Rotten in JA
April 06, 2013 12:26AM
Thanks for sharing thumbs up
April 06, 2013 01:31AM
That video is pretty sweet! and by that list of music ol lydon knows his reggae
April 06, 2013 03:32AM
Good ok Johnny rotten, if only Sid hadn't got hooked on heroin, and hooked up with that hoe
April 06, 2013 05:23AM
iriebarto
Good ok Johnny rotten, if only Sid hadn't got hooked on heroin, and hooked up with that hoe

Referring to a disturbed, sad, deceased individual as a "hoe" is pretty ugly and says more about you than it does about her.
April 06, 2013 05:32AM
Hahah my bad she was a perfect little angel that had no part in the destruction of the sex pistols and Sid vicious ..
April 06, 2013 05:48AM
No She wasn't a "perfect little angel". From everything I've heard both she and Sid were pretty sad, disfunctional human beings. As for being responsible for the break up of the Sex Pistols....get real. Sid was not a major contributor to the band's sound and could barely play bass. In fact, he only played on one track of "Never Mind the Bollocks". At any rate using a derogatory, sexist term like "hoe" to describe an unfortunate mentally disturbed individual who has passed away is really tactless to say the least.
April 06, 2013 09:25AM
I met both these punks in the late 1970s. Sid Vicious was a vile lowlife from Stoke Newington. Rotten was a silly ham actor from one of the most depressing slums in Finsbury Park playing the punk game. He was relatively harmless. Sid was, as his name suggests, vicious. Basically, he was an unreconstructured Nazi, a racist and a junkie. Not a pleasant boy at all.

Reel
April 06, 2013 10:31AM

The king is gone
but he's not forgotten
This is the story
of a Johnny Rotten
It's better to burn out
than it is to rust
The king is gone
but he's not forgotten.

- Neil Young, "Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)"
April 06, 2013 04:46PM
Actually he wasn't a nazi.. The swastika was for the shock value.. Sid was just a true punk rocker that went downhill fast.. Punk was never about talented musicians!!
April 06, 2013 06:11PM
Mr. Man seems to have it right, from what I've seen and heard. Sex pistols were as much, if not more than, a product as a band. I bought a sex pistols t-shirt in London in 1980, just for the fashion statement, which was really their main point, it seems to me.
April 06, 2013 06:22PM
The Pissed Sexholes were manufactured by Malcolm McLaren just like the Monkees were put together by Don Kirshner. Everyone knew what the Monkees were, but the Sex Pistols were poseurs of the lowest order who pretended to spearhead an entire anarchist movement.
April 06, 2013 07:04PM
Hard to believe Sid was a Nazi, as Nancy was Jewish.
April 06, 2013 07:16PM
I was living in Manhattan during some years of the 1970s, & for a while was on a schedule where I was rising about 3:30 PM, meaning the afternoon NYC TV News was my Morning Show.

I do recall while caffeinating and otherwise on rising, this info was related in brisk 'Here's The Local News Today'-Speak:

'...and today police reported the death of Nancy Spungen girlfriend of British punk-rocker Sid Vicious. She was found dead At the Chelsea Hotel from what appears to be stab wounds...her boy friend is currently in police custody...people who are living in the hotel who observed the couple noted their unusual living habits, being awake at all hours, speaking loudly in the halls and acting suspicious of others...'

Never having to that moment ever viewed Sid in his brief career as any particular, uh, role model for the youth or musicians, I was not surprised at the news, but thought it odd the behavior of the couple was somehow notable as any different from the general clientele of the Chelsea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2013 07:17PM by papa ray.
April 06, 2013 07:24PM
Jah Mike

well, seems he enacted his own personal holocaust on her...
April 06, 2013 07:28PM
Stamina!
Jah Mike

well, seems he enacted his own personal holocaust on her...

His own Blitzkrieg, you saying??.
April 07, 2013 06:53PM
Americans have always loved to watch car crashes.....
April 07, 2013 09:42PM
Joshwa

Some will gleefully (or sullenly, as in the case of Sid) preside over their own destruction, regardless of who might be watching---before, during, or after the fact.
April 07, 2013 10:11PM
papa ray
[
Some will gleefully (or sullenly, as in the case of Sid) preside over their own destruction, regardless of who might be watching---before, during, or after the fact.

Fe true, Pappa Ray!
April 08, 2013 12:53AM
papa ray
Joshwa

cf. Amy Winehouse, Whitney Houston
April 12, 2013 03:34PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login