Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Niyorah..new video "Workday"

Posted by aquaponics 
Niyorah..new video "Workday"
April 08, 2013 03:53PM

Watch out fi dem LAZY Bones! I love this Topic.., Get UP!

Do Good and Pass it ON...ic

thanks Niyo.....

and you can get your fine shirts at I-Tippy's Riddims online ting: [www.riddimsmusic.com]

SUPPORT the Works!
Re: Niyorah..new video "Workday"
April 09, 2013 10:32AM
Solid tune...would love to see Niyorah in June...
April 09, 2013 10:47AM
Redwood Rebel
Solid tune...would love to see Niyorah in June...

Niyorah is the artist I am hoping will get added. SNWMF is so great at bringing VI reggae to Boomville over the years it would make sense if for the 20th year that they brought him or Batch or an I Grade showcase with both!!!!! The Nazarene's would be so amazing as well.
April 09, 2013 02:50PM
Love this song...video is really good also. Big up Nyiorah everytime. Really nice to hear these younger artists put such an emphasis on hard work, and self sufficency. Unfortunatley these are important values that seem to be slipping away more and more generation after generation.
April 09, 2013 03:21PM
Yes - has been awhile since he has graced the stage at SN! would love to have him back
April 09, 2013 04:09PM
Did he say "lazy batty boy go away"? What do batty boys have to do with working?
April 09, 2013 04:24PM
Did he say "lazy batty BODY boy go away"?
April 09, 2013 04:26PM
dude... stop looking to be offended.. this is a music and culture rooted firmly in a specific mindset..

you know there is a chance when listening to this music that a certain philosophy may be promoted.

if you cant handle that, then limit yourself to the 'happy shiney people' reggae compilation..

but the constant beating of the 'gay rights' drum is getting old...
April 09, 2013 04:37PM
Nice video. Like the tune.
April 09, 2013 07:44PM
I'm not looking to be offended, I was looking to enjoy a good tune and was wondering what batty boys had to do with working hard. Lazy body I would agree with, WHOLEHEARTEDLY and I like the tune.

Would you rather me be lazy in my thinking and not listening to the lyrics?

Peace
April 09, 2013 07:46PM
bigvein

The drum of civil rights never gets old.

Peace Man
April 09, 2013 10:05PM
just for perspective, J 72 wasn't the ONLY listener who was not sure what Niyo was saying at the start there...

but he uses the 'lazy body bwoy' later on in the tune, so... there's the answer

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
April 10, 2013 09:57AM
I thought he said batty bwoy too then relistened becaues I am huge fan of Niyo's works and personally know him to be extremely conscious and not into petty vibes. This is song aimed at men in his country and abroad who are lazy and bad minded. Batty could be the new term for lazy? Who really cares what another person does sexually as long as its not rape incest or molestation, I surely don't. it's not I mindset to be homosexual so I 'm not concerned. Rastafari is a Livity that promotes Life! Aluta Continua!
April 10, 2013 02:54PM
J_72
bigvein

The drum of civil rights never gets old.

Peace Man

West Indian artists are easy pickings though. They are a harmless and powerless demographic.

When you take your argument to Muslims and in front of the Mosque, then come talk to me.. Until then your drum beat is just fashionable posturing.

[www.infowars.com]
April 10, 2013 03:01PM
Ras Danny
just for perspective, J 72 wasn't the ONLY listener who was not sure what Niyo was saying at the start there...

but he uses the 'lazy body bwoy' later on in the tune, so... there's the answer

I listened to the song half a dozen times myself trying to figure out what he was saying and at first what he meant by batty. Then I to did hear more clearly that he was singing BODY bwoy.
April 10, 2013 03:51PM
I love this song, and I relate to the video- 17 years ago I had to provide for my own family for the first time, and haven't stopped since.

BV, I just didn't want such a good song be ridiculously ruined, right at the beginning.

Thanks for the clarification every one.

Peace
April 10, 2013 04:49PM
Rootikal
I thought he said batty bwoy too then relistened becaues I am huge fan of Niyo's works and personally know him to be extremely conscious and not into petty vibes. This is song aimed at men in his country and abroad who are lazy and bad minded. Batty could be the new term for lazy? Who really cares what another person does sexually as long as its not rape incest or molestation, I surely don't. it's not I mindset to be homosexual so I 'm not concerned. Rastafari is a Livity that promotes Life! Aluta Continua!

The fact of the matter is, this whole argument is based on sensitive perceptions. Many here cant wait to parse out some ''offensive"lyric and report back to the forum.. Or even worse, to passport officials.
April 10, 2013 05:06PM
PEACE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2013 05:20PM by J_72.
April 10, 2013 07:12PM
bigvein

Many here cant wait to parse out some ''offensive"lyric and report back to the forum.. Or even worse, to passport officials.

This is a foolish statement. People here aren't running to passport officials cuz of some "offensive" lyric...SMH
April 10, 2013 08:05PM
Give thanks for the support of the video! Just to confirm - as some indicated - he is saying "Lazy BODY boy".

This song is resonating strong here in the VI... please spread it around. And big ups to Irie Vibrations for the BIG riddim! Check it on iTunes here:
Rub-A-Dub Market on iTunes

I Grade
April 10, 2013 09:17PM
spliffp
bigvein

Many here cant wait to parse out some ''offensive"lyric and report back to the forum.. Or even worse, to passport officials.

This is a foolish statement. People here aren't running to passport officials cuz of some "offensive" lyric...SMH

it's foolish to those who cover their eyes/ears and pretend a certain agenda is not afoot.

in any case, a simple lyrics query was all that was needed.. adding more comment to the thing, in the form of a false interpretation, is extremely harmful in this time.
April 11, 2013 06:52AM
i think many on this phorum claim to uphold equal rights and justice.. but in reality they want a return to 'status quo'

they would rather throw out false interpretations and misleading associations... with hopes of taking opportunity and food from an aspiring black man. if these artists dont fall in line with popular thinking or assumed to not fall in line, they jump at the chance to 'report'... all the while finding joy and glee in seeing that man knocked down a peg.. a joy in seeing gigs being limited because of false lyrical interpretations.

its all fun and games while the chalice keeps passing from hand to hand. but let a black man move a certain way or perceived to move a certain way, then all unity bets are off.. back out on the field...

i sight these slick and careful movements a million miles away..
April 11, 2013 07:00AM

in any case, a simple lyrics query was all that was needed.. adding more comment to the thing, in the form of a false interpretation, is extremely harmful in this time.

Funny you should write this BV because, as I read it, J_72 WAS merely asking 'a simple lyrics query'.......
April 11, 2013 07:20AM
Daniel

adding more comment to the thing, in the form of a false interpretation, is extremely harmful in this time.

Funny you should write this BV because, as I read it, J_72 WAS merely asking 'a simple lyrics query'.......

my point is... why even make the possible 'homophobic' link.
especially in this time, knowing that passport allowances(na here) and bookings totally hinge on certain lyrical content.

instead, come with something like..

"what is being said here "Lazy xxxx boy"".. i cant make it out"

now the artist has to come through and clean up the false link.... because they know full well a homophobic association will limit bookings and sales.. especially on the west coast where a majority of VI fans reside. the west coast made VI music what it is today.. so it go..

maybe J72 is not meaning to take bread from a next man... i will give him that... but i will say he and many others full-joy seeing artists jumping high just to proclaim their anti-homophobic stance. because if they dont, then their food stops.. passive aggressive slave mastering at its finest, indeed..
April 11, 2013 10:35AM
Yep, it's all my fault for reggae artists visa problems, and the gays too....
April 11, 2013 01:20PM
It is all your fault J72. What are you teaching those kids over in Nor Cal. LOL. This is a positive song! Niyorah is spreading good vibes with these lyrics. Lets return to talking about how positive of a video and message this is.
April 11, 2013 01:50PM
rossta8888
Lets return to talking about how positive of a video and message this is.

... and give BV a pass for accusing boardies of being informers and snitches. Also for playing the victim card.

I'll address this when I have more time...
April 11, 2013 02:47PM
J_72
Yep, it's all my fault for reggae artists visa problems, and the gays too....

J72- that might be the funniest sarcastic response i have ever seen you post! good stuff!

can we safely assume that you are responsible for poverty, slavery and racism too......?! grinning smiley

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
April 11, 2013 03:21PM
@Walter, it's called the cognitive dissonance card, used by intelligence types or shills to spread disinfo, misinfo, or both.

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
April 11, 2013 10:14PM
really, after reading this thread a coupla times, it appears to mi dat bv is 'looking to be offended' more than any other One pon dis conversation. in fact I see it in more than just this thread...

jus my humble observation

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login