Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pot Cops on Discovery

Posted by jcom 
Pot Cops on Discovery
April 09, 2013 06:01AM
....just watched first episode. Even with Google Earth/Maps, GPS, choppers, etc...it's like trying to plug a hole in Hoover Dam with a wad of bubble gum. FCUK the cops...they are such a$$holes. There's a revolution going on and, unfortunately for Humboldt, Trinity, Mendo, etc...it's gonna hurt the economy as the legalization flood continues to surge. Buddy of mine who manages 4 dispensaries in Denver said AAA top shelf indoor can be had $1500. Most dispensaries don't buy any since the 70% grow/sale law went into effect....they just grow 100% of what they sell.

Edit: p.s. - btw, most of the people on "Weed County" (yet another weed show on Nat Geo) are/were idiots. B.E. Smith is cool, and his buddy (CBD guy) had a decent head on his shoulders, but the rest of the people...damn. The Vallejo former disp owner is a complete dip$hit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2013 06:04AM by jcom.
Re: Pot Cops on Discovery
April 09, 2013 11:46AM
The economy in Mendocino is already hurt, IMO, and not paying taxes is hurting it even more.
April 09, 2013 02:20PM
The episode where the guy from Vallejo goes North is classic. It may have been the editing, but that guy came off as a real ass and is making the mediindustry look...well pretty lame.
April 09, 2013 04:16PM
does anyone know how the tv producers videotaping illegal moonshine stills etc
are immune from guilt by association? always wondered.
a
April 09, 2013 04:24PM
Good question, I've often wondered that myself, especially when they have the whole "law enforcement" side going as well on the same shows. What's to prevent them from making the producers spill their beans on who/what/where?

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
April 09, 2013 05:58PM
The vignette about the desperate mom with the epileptic young son and the provider who risked prison to bring her his medicine was very touching.
April 09, 2013 06:11PM
this is what sells, why i never hardly watch TV anymore except for 60 minutes and some sports
April 10, 2013 04:59AM
The show is from two years ago and I beleive that is just above the statute of limitations. I could be wrong.
April 12, 2013 06:34AM
....also, what is with the "night creeps" that Humboldt cops do on peeps' houses? Isn't that horse sheeat trespassing? Entering property late at night, listening through windows and doors, etc, etc.....all without a warrant (this is what they do to get a warrant)....and they're so excited and amped by it..as though it's a game of laser tag or something. Anyone that has the mindset and demeanor to be a cop that conducts these type of activities is sick in the head.

Edit: ....oh yeah...they also check out their meters with a flashlight to see how quickly the dial is spinning (or, if it's a Smart Meter, getting exact info on wattage usage). The cop even says that he will be contacting PG&E to get usage charts in order to help secure a search warrant. I thought PG&E didn't do this. Apparently, they are happy to share!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2013 06:38AM by jcom.
April 12, 2013 02:55PM
'this is what sells, why i never hardly watch TV anymore except for 60 minutes and some sports'

If you had an interaction with the 60 minutes people, you wouldn't watch that anymore either. I worked on San Francisco's anti smoking ordinance, the 60 minutes people were arrogant, late, and inaccurate. That was years ago, but ABC news had the most accurate reporting. It isn't often that you know more about the issue being reported, so it was a real eye opener for me.

Love that reggae!
April 12, 2013 04:18PM
Inneresting nomo

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
April 12, 2013 06:09PM
yeah nomo I agree, 60 Minutes is news all polished and pretty made for tv...
April 12, 2013 08:59PM
The cop even says that he will be contacting PG&E to get usage charts in order to help secure a search warrant. I thought PG&E didn't do this. Apparently, they are happy to share!

Would that be enough for a search warrent? I would think that lots of things would cause that dial to run faster. An electric hot tub for example. Cops will come in your house for whatever reason they want it seems like to me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login