Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So how is the ticket selling going ?

Posted by Tarzan 
So how is the ticket selling going ?
April 17, 2013 11:54PM
I am sure by now 60% of the ticket is sold out ??
Re: So how is the ticket selling going ?
April 19, 2013 10:02PM
I got scolded last time for asking this question.

There is your que Walter!!!
April 19, 2013 10:43PM
wtf does it matter?
if yer gonna buy a ticket, buy it now.
if you can't buy it now, buy it later (unless they are sold out).
April 20, 2013 02:12AM
I do not understand why people get so upset with this question? It is simply amusing.
April 20, 2013 05:30AM
@Westafari , its really strange . lol
April 20, 2013 07:31AM
It's a stupid Question
April 20, 2013 11:41AM
Here's the thing. If ninety percent of the tickets were sold, you and others might get more aggressive about buying them now, which would seem to be good for the festival. If twenty percent of the tickets were sold, you might think this will never sell out, wait to buy a ticket, not be aggressive and then later if something comes up, you haven't bought the ticket yet so no big deal for you. But that would seem to be not as good for the festival. So with your question you are asking the management two things, to admit that sales are slow, thereby shooting themselves in the proverbial foot, or to acknowledge that sales are very brisk so you know if you need to be aggressive. Most events tell you tickets are going FAST, even when they aren't. Many performances have been advertised here on the phorum, and i don't remember even one saying before the show, we have only sold ten tickets so far, don't worry about buying in advance.

So just assume that tickets are going fast. Don't ask management to belittle themselves, it's innapropriate, Tickets are almost gone, get yours right now or risk missing the best weekend of the summer!

Love that reggae!
April 20, 2013 01:13PM
nomotrouble
Here's the thing. If ninety percent of the tickets were sold, you and others might get more aggressive about buying them now, which would seem to be good for the festival. If twenty percent of the tickets were sold, you might think this will never sell out, wait to buy a ticket, not be aggressive and then later if something comes up, you haven't bought the ticket yet so no big deal for you. But that would seem to be not as good for the festival. So with your question you are asking the management two things, to admit that sales are slow, thereby shooting themselves in the proverbial foot, or to acknowledge that sales are very brisk so you know if you need to be aggressive. Most events tell you tickets are going FAST, even when they aren't. Many performances have been advertised here on the phorum, and i don't remember even one saying before the show, we have only sold ten tickets so far, don't worry about buying in advance.

So just assume that tickets are going fast. Don't ask management to belittle themselves, it's innapropriate, Tickets are almost gone, get yours right now or risk missing the best weekend of the summer!
awesome explanation Nomo....never really looked we it that way...
April 20, 2013 03:18PM
word, Nomo!

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
April 20, 2013 09:39PM
Sierra at boonville has "never" sold out of 3 day weekend passes. Fact.

I have bought one every year for the last six years. It is the "best fest in the west."
April 21, 2013 06:14PM
I'm curious what the sell out point is. The venue has seemed to get a lot smaller the past couple years with the attendance growing. I'm wondering how much longer the festival will fit at Booneville. It's going to sell out some time in the near future like Reggae On The River used too. This festival has been on a steady growth each each and the line up is growing with it. The production team is doing thigs right.
April 22, 2013 07:40AM
I hope it never completely sells out and stays in Mendo. That venue is awesome and the Navarro river is beautiful. Stay small and humble.
April 22, 2013 07:24PM
I would love to have it back in Marysville or somewhere with water....now they closed off that backside camping and that sucks. Cramming people into these teeny tiny sites now too. I remember when you could really set up a decent site with some yahoo! pretending to be peaceful while being passive aggressive tell us to move in closer to one another
April 23, 2013 02:39AM
The nice part about camping at Anderson valley is you can drive in and out with your car and go to the river down the street a few miles away. I hang out in the Navarro river all day and check out the show from 6 pm on when it cools down. Camping on site kinda sucks IMO.
April 23, 2013 11:24PM
I disagree 100% Kaptain,

Marysville was a crappy venue in comparrison. More cops, more crime, theft, fights, less community involvement and support. Too much badmind behavior. Only thing it had was a muddy river....here, more shade, no hills to climb, way way less dusty. believe it or not cops are much friendlier and concerned with saftey and not the quick bust.

I have been going to SNWMF since before Apple Gabriel joined Skelly and Wiss on stage in Marysville, I havent missed a year since. Sadly if SNWMF moved back to Marysville me and I am sure many others will no longer attend.
April 24, 2013 01:05AM
I agree dubdude. Frogtown was not half as nice as boonville.
April 24, 2013 01:56AM
Marysville=Dusty ,dusty and more dust . The community were not friendly at all. Thanks god for Mendocino community and the beauty of the area is just Niceness.
April 24, 2013 04:27AM
Anderson Valley is such a beautiful place, and the drive to the ocean through the Redwood forest tunnel, and the local wineries are wonderful, as wel as, of course, the brewery, the breakfast place, apple farm....Oh yeah, HENDY WOODS! Boonville is a perfect venue. We often take the long way to the ocean from Willits just for the drive through Anderson Valley.

Peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2013 04:48AM by J_72.
April 24, 2013 07:03PM
Tarzan
Marysville=Dusty ,dusty and more dust . The community were not friendly at all. Thanks god for Mendocino community and the beauty of the area is just Niceness.

I think you're referring to Angel's Camp there Tarzan. Marysville was nice, expansive camping on green grass, had a river flowing by, and an awesome music bowl. If you take the local thugs out of the equation, the venue was sweet!

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
April 24, 2013 10:54PM
@Dubguy , u right , my mistake . Angle camps. TY
April 25, 2013 11:13PM
The Marysville "Venue" it self was probably the best venue so far IMO! Its Just in the wrong Location!
Location... Location... Location... If that Venue had been on the outskirts of any other Small friendly town...
Forget About It~>!!!

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login