Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Notes from Chechen...

Posted by The man 
Notes from Chechen...
April 20, 2013 06:11PM
During the evening as we sit in front of Ginonda's house drinking coffee and talking, grey clouds collect all over Hamar and it begins to rain, heavy rain everywhere. This is good for the fields, there will be a harvest after all... But Baldambe and old Zinu, who are sitting with us, are quick to point out the negative aspect of the rains: While it rains, the people hide in their houses and the crops become easy prey for the monkeys. Moreover, if it rains continnously for a long period, the heads of the sorghum plants will turn bad and will only be usable for beer. The rains are most dangerous for the cattle and the goats. If a day starts bright and without a sign of rain, the herds are driven far away so that should heavy rains suddenly begin to fall, they will not be able to return home because of the roaring floods which quickly fill the dry river beds. Blocked by the floods, they will have to stay over night in the bush and thus become an easy prey for the hyenas. Their owner is not able to reach them to protect them because he himself is cut off from them by the floods. Furthermore, he is unable to hear their bells because of the roaring of the floods and the drumming of the rain.

In this connection, Baldambe complains about the contemporary settlement pattern. In the olden days, the homesteads stayed put on the same ridge for many years. In this way, the cattle would always find their way home. Today, people live dispersed in the bush and are continually changing their place of residence. So the cattle never really get used to a place and consequently don't find their way home under difficult circumstances. Yet another danger of the rains is that they soften the thorn fences of the cattle camps, making it easy for the hyenas to enter. After each prolonged rain down at Kizo, they lose a couple of goats or sheep. This is why the Hamar don't like long-lasting, slow rains, although they acknowledge their value for the fields. What they really like are the thunderstorms in which heavy clouds burst over a limited area for a limited period of time.

Observer
Re: Notes from Chechen...
April 24, 2013 08:17AM
In an interview with Fox News, the former governor of Alaska said that although federal investigators have yet to complete their work, the time for action is now.

“We don’t know everything about these suspects yet,” Palin told Fox and Friends this morning, referring to Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who allegedly carried out the Boston Marathon attacks. “But we know they were Muslims from the Czech Republic.

“I betcha I speak for a lot of Americans when I say I want to go over there right now and start teaching those folks a lesson. And let’s not stop at the Czech Republic, let’s go after all Arab countries.

“The Arabians need to learn that they can’t keep comin’ over here and blowing stuff up. Let’s set off a couple of nukes in Islamabad, burn down Prague, then bomb the heck out of Tehran. We need to show them that we mean business.”

Although hosts Steve Doocy and Gretchen Carlson applauded Palin’s jingoism, they immediately attempted to rectify her multiple geographic errors.

“Well Islamabad is the capital of Pakistan, which isn’t Arab,” Carlson corrected, “and Tehran is the capital of Iran, which is predominantly Persian. But I do see your point.”

“Also Czech Republic isn’t really an Arab or even Muslim country, I don’t think,” Doocy added, “but otherwise what you’re saying makes a lot of sense. I think most Americans wish Obama would step up and lead on this one.”

Palin, however, didn’t take kindly to being corrected and defended her analysis.

“Steve, that’s probably one of the most ignorant things I’ve ever heard. How is Czech Republic not a Muslim country? You saw those brothers, they were Islamic and they were Chechen!”

“Yes there were Muslim and they were ethnic Chechens,” Doocy started, “but they grew up mostly in Kyrgyzstan and the United States. And more importantly, Chechens don’t come from the Czech Republic, they come from Chechnya, which is part of Russia. “

“What’s the difference?” Palin responded. “Isn’t Russia part of the Czech Republic?”

“No, the Czech Republic is a separate country. It’s part of the European Union and a strong NATO ally,” Doocy noted. “But heck, why not? Let’s invade. What could go wrong?”

“Yeah and while we’re at it,” Carlson added, “let’s call the Queen of England and see if the U.K. will join us.”

In a statement released after the interview, Palin attacked Fox News and its “pro-Islamic” and “pro-geography” bias.

“This is just another case of the politically correct liberal media refusing to tell the truth about radical Islam,” she said.

[dailycurrant.com]

Observer
April 24, 2013 02:55PM
Wow she is dumb!
April 24, 2013 03:21PM
Wow she is republicant!
April 24, 2013 05:12PM
Chechnya does have an authentic claim for independence from Imperial Russia, an opinion well supported and recognized by all political persuasions in the US. These two little cretins and their online jihadi pals are clingons looking for a radical national cause to fly their flag for. The most disturbing part to me was that the family revealed that the older brother was partly radicalized by a friend who was a convert to Islam. The implications for civil liberties are indeed real, but so is the terror threat. They are not mutually exclusive.
April 24, 2013 05:42PM
The man
In an interview with Fox News, the former governor of Alaska said that although federal investigators have yet to complete their work, the time for action is now.

“We don’t know everything about these suspects yet,” Palin told Fox and Friends this morning, referring to Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who allegedly carried out the Boston Marathon attacks. “But we know they were Muslims from the Czech Republic.

“I betcha I speak for a lot of Americans when I say I want to go over there right now and start teaching those folks a lesson. And let’s not stop at the Czech Republic, let’s go after all Arab countries.

“The Arabians need to learn that they can’t keep comin’ over here and blowing stuff up. Let’s set off a couple of nukes in Islamabad, burn down Prague, then bomb the heck out of Tehran. We need to show them that we mean business.”

Although hosts Steve Doocy and Gretchen Carlson applauded Palin’s jingoism, they immediately attempted to rectify her multiple geographic errors.

“Well Islamabad is the capital of Pakistan, which isn’t Arab,” Carlson corrected, “and Tehran is the capital of Iran, which is predominantly Persian. But I do see your point.”

“Also Czech Republic isn’t really an Arab or even Muslim country, I don’t think,” Doocy added, “but otherwise what you’re saying makes a lot of sense. I think most Americans wish Obama would step up and lead on this one.”

Palin, however, didn’t take kindly to being corrected and defended her analysis.

“Steve, that’s probably one of the most ignorant things I’ve ever heard. How is Czech Republic not a Muslim country? You saw those brothers, they were Islamic and they were Chechen!”

“Yes there were Muslim and they were ethnic Chechens,” Doocy started, “but they grew up mostly in Kyrgyzstan and the United States. And more importantly, Chechens don’t come from the Czech Republic, they come from Chechnya, which is part of Russia. “

“What’s the difference?” Palin responded. “Isn’t Russia part of the Czech Republic?”

“No, the Czech Republic is a separate country. It’s part of the European Union and a strong NATO ally,” Doocy noted. “But heck, why not? Let’s invade. What could go wrong?”

“Yeah and while we’re at it,” Carlson added, “let’s call the Queen of England and see if the U.K. will join us.”

In a statement released after the interview, Palin attacked Fox News and its “pro-Islamic” and “pro-geography” bias.

“This is just another case of the politically correct liberal media refusing to tell the truth about radical Islam,” she said.

[dailycurrant.com]

Observer

Who is stupider and more ignorant, Palin or those who swallow this satirical article as fact?
April 24, 2013 06:09PM
palin - by a wide margin.
April 24, 2013 06:10PM
If you believed she said any of that, then Mulligan.
April 24, 2013 07:01PM
All satire is based in fact, folks.

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
April 24, 2013 07:12PM
Stamina!
If you believed she said any of that, then Mulligan.

of course I don't.....

Merely pointing out that even if one were to believe that most interesting story from The Man, palin would still be more stupider.

What - do you think palin is some kind of smart, then Stamina.
April 24, 2013 07:46PM
I'm just saying that if she were as stupid as everyone seems to say she is, and she holds no public office or position of power, then why are so many people so afraid of this middle-aged housewife?
April 24, 2013 08:40PM
no one is afraid of her - she is an object of derision (for the left) and an object of worship (for republicants).

are you afraid of her?
April 24, 2013 09:02PM
I was trying to ascertain the reason people find her threatening; that implies I couldn't understand why people were afraid of her. Perhaps your reading comprehension could use an upgrade. She wouldn't be so derided by so many Democrats and liberals if they didn't think she was a threat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2013 09:18PM by Stamina!.
April 24, 2013 09:21PM
April 24, 2013 09:22PM
WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM???

You know damn well I don't have any reading comprehension problem.

You brought up, out of the blue, the idea that there "are so many people so afraid of this middle-aged housewife? ".
If you consider her a threat or are afraid of her - don't assume others are.

.An object of derision would not be considered a threat. A joke perhaps, or a boob, or a nutcase. Certainly not a threat. What Democrat
considers palin a threat?
April 25, 2013 12:30AM
All that derision and condescension is whistling in the dark. I'm a registered Democrat, and I hear what people say about Palin every day. Her ideology scares them. Before he rose to power, people laughed at that little German guy with the funny hair and the toothbrush mustache. Denial is not a river in Egypt.
The answer to your question, then, since you're seemingly so interested in my viewpoint, is no, I'm not afraid of a middle-aged housewife with no position of power. Nor do I find anything especially amusing about her views, which are for better or worse shared by a vast number of Americans.
April 25, 2013 02:16AM
we were talking about palin - not the BS that dribbles from her mouth. I too am a registered Democrat yet I don't see nor hear any fears regarding palin. Yes - the tea bagger philosophy she spews is scary, but coming from her does not scare anyone. Not even the republicants take her seriously any more. Now when the racist bigoted antediluvian rich white guy who does have the backing of the republicants says essentially the same thing as palin - this does cause consternation because he actually may come into power. palin is done through kaput except as a constant source of amusement. Tough to compare palin with "that little german guy".....

as you point out - this dowdy housewife has no position of power and you are not afraid...but you did say that many people are - I really don't think so.

btw - i am not at all interested in your viewpoints on this subject except in the context of this thread.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2013 03:14AM by mulligan.
April 25, 2013 04:53AM
Terms like "Repugnicants" and "Demoncraps" are puerile attempts to impugn the other side. "the racist bigoted antediluvian rich white guy" doesn't share Palin's ideology as much as do the truckers, plumbers, bar owners, ironworkers etc. of this country. It's their votes that both parties want...and that so many of those folks believe what Palin espouses is what concerns so many of the Democrats. Anyone who doesn't see that is living in a liberal bubble.
April 25, 2013 06:22AM
Republican or Democrat they don't give a @#$%& about yall.Haha.
April 25, 2013 02:02PM
hey Palin is good for Israel...smileys with beer
April 25, 2013 03:45PM
Wow! Religion and politics, never a good discussion. Both are acceptable forms of segregation and always seem to be discussed with open mouths and closed ears. Both of them only weaken the masses and close the minds. I read some of these Phorum topics/ bitch sessions whatever you call them and wonder if people like to feel good or not. I am aware the world is a crazy mess and I also know no solution. This is a Phorum for a music festival that promotes peace and unity and it seems politics and religion have nothing in common with peace and unity. Isn't there a Phorum called waste your time and butt heads with people who are trapped by segregation , I mean can't we all just get along! Didn't your mom teach you if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all...I hope everyone has a beautiful day and if the sun ain't shinning on you now I hope it will be soon :-)
April 25, 2013 05:38PM
strikkly
hey Palin is good for Israel...smileys with beer

Yeah, once she converts all the Jews there to Christianity, everything will be just fine.
April 26, 2013 12:02AM
Them republicans nuh easy!!!!!!!
April 26, 2013 12:14AM
I hope 'The Man' keeps it up. There is not enough satire in our world and the man brings up very important subjects and presents them in new refreshing ways. Admittedly, i don't always 'get' it, but i value these posts highly. Like Jah Bill's posts, what may inform us the best may not be the easiest to take in, we may react to it, but bless the world for different points of view....

I'm from Alaska, one of my childhood friends was Palin's attorney throughout her political debacle. What upset me about the whole thing was that such an idiot could be offered such a position with no preparation and insufficient investigation of her before offering her the vp job. She woulda made Dan Quail look pretty good.

Love that reggae!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login