Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bob Dylan

Posted by treez 
Bob Dylan
April 22, 2013 08:13PM
I find Bob Dylan's music hard to weave through and identify with as a whole. But, the tunes that do strike a chord with me, strike hard. Here's a couple of my favorites. Anyone else care to add?

[www.videohippy.com]
Re: Bob Dylan
April 22, 2013 08:35PM
Original 'message music"...

April 22, 2013 08:48PM
check for the j.period dylan mixtape, got some nice flow on traditional dylan tracks w/ k'naan voicing*

[www.jperiod.com]
April 22, 2013 09:01PM
Mr Dylan seems like he's had most of his music removed from youtube. So though Dylan is one of my favorites, Don't think twice it's alright, Tangled up in Blue, Tomorrow is a Long Time, Like a Rolling Stone.....i'll pass.

Love that reggae!
April 22, 2013 11:13PM

From Blood On the Tracks

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
April 22, 2013 11:19PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 11:24PM by J_72.
April 22, 2013 11:25PM
Police were summoned to a home in Long Branch, N.J., after a report of an "eccentric-looking old man" wandering in the front yard. Officer Kristie Buble showed up and questioned him -- and he said he was Bob Dylan. But she didn't believe him, and took him back to his hotel where he and his manager verified his ID with a passport. (Later reports indicated Dylan might have been looking for a house two blocks away where Bruce Springsteen wrote "Born to Run." )

You gotta respect an actual living legend who not only didn't pull out the celebrity card, but doesn't appear to even carry one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 11:33PM by Walter.
April 22, 2013 11:30PM
I've seen Dylan perform about 10 times, a couple rank with the best shows i've seen. Too bad he's not into youtube.

Love that reggae!
April 23, 2013 02:41AM
Bob Dylan was a huge letdown to the protest movement but if you read Bob Dylan the protest movement / hippie era was a huge letdown to Bob. You really have to read what Dylan said, I'll try to find an excerpt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login