Thank You SNWMF
April 25, 2013 02:03PM
The lineup looks sick, these last additions are better than many festivals headliners. Our cup runneth over, i count twenty acts i don't want to miss. Wow. Thanks to everyone involved, hard to believe it won't be the most successful SNWMF ever. Let the countdown begin!

Love that reggae!
Re: Thank You SNWMF
April 25, 2013 02:14PM
Agreed 100% Give Thanks!!
April 25, 2013 02:27PM
Yep....Was so surprised to see the new additions, I was content with the lineup prior to today. Should be the best of my 14 year reggae festival experience.

Give thanks!!!
April 25, 2013 03:12PM
spliffp
Yep....Was so surprised to see the new additions, I was content with the lineup prior to today. Should be the best of my 14 year reggae festival experience.

Give thanks!!!

Haha - me too! I thought we were full up! Surprises like this I can handle... smiling smiley

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
April 25, 2013 03:34PM
Money quote: "these last additions are better than many festivals headliners.".
April 25, 2013 03:45PM
YES!!!!! it's gonna be another awesome festival in boomville.....

looking at all these names has me thinking...... not that they would need to announce it, but how cool would it be to have some artists blessing up the mic inna dancehall..... just think of the matchups you could have....

shaka X max romeo downbeat X gappy ranks comanche X u-roy stone love X damian marley + gyc

i know.... "scheduling, coordinating, additional expenses, contracts, certain reasons, etc................... "

but i still think it would be cool to see them in the environment they developed their craft, inna rub-a-dub stylee........

it's my dream every year. some years it has come true. we'll see if this is one of them...... smoking smiley

big up to W&G for putting together another amazing year!

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
April 25, 2013 04:29PM
BIG UP^ thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
April 25, 2013 04:39PM
Finally was able to get my tickets!

So excited.smileys with beer
April 25, 2013 07:46PM
I second that emotion...take it Smokey

video: [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2013 07:47PM by Joshwa.
April 25, 2013 08:37PM
Respect HiGrade for mentioning Comanche, would defintely love to hear Stevo match his authentic sound with Hollie Cook or Errol.
April 26, 2013 11:45AM
Great great great lineup! I cannot wait until June rolls around.

Thank you SNWMF for putting together such an amazing group of artists for your 20th Anniversary

Be well,
eric v
April 26, 2013 12:15PM

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
April 26, 2013 01:52PM
Yes, yes, yes, many thanks to Warren, Gretchen, Daniel and the entire SNWMF crew for putting together an incredible line-up!!!! I've been absent for three years, after attending for many years in a row, due to money issues. Those have been solved and this year I was able to purchase a ticket in December and booked the LONG trip from Guam and back a couple months ago.

Then just this week I found out I'd been selected by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to be an AP Calculus Reader. That means they will fly me to Kansas City (and back to Guam) for a June 10-17 session where for 8 hours a day, 7 days in a row, I will grade AP Calculus exams. Fun, huh? Actually it's a great gig, flight is paid for, hotel is paid for, 3 meals a day are paid for, and there's enough of an additional stipend to pay for my flight to SNWMF in 2014.

Had a bit of a panic when the fine print of the contract said my flight would not allow for any layovers going and returning. Did a quick flight check which showed there was no way I could leave KC on the final date, return to Guam, and then catch my flight from Guam to SFO. Blood pressure went up and there was some furious scrambling and pleading, before ETS decided to grant me a flight exemption, and things are now all good.

So.....Scotti B....gonna be in your neck of the woods June 10-17. Can you get in touch and let me know wha a gwaan in KC during that time? Would love to hook up and see some local shows with you and the lovely wife. Not sure yet which hotel ETS will put me in, but will let you know.

Ever forward
Jah Son
April 26, 2013 02:48PM
Right on Jah Son. I am applying for the AP US History reading next year. Have fun!

Jeff
April 26, 2013 03:17PM
@Jah Son:

Q: Why do they never serve beer at a math party?
A: Because you can't drink and derive...

Q: Why won't Goldilocks drink a glass of water with 8 pieces of ice in it?
A: It’s too cubed.

Q: What's the integral of (1/cabin)d(cabin)?
A: A natural log cabin!

Q: What is the first derivative of a cow?
A: Prime Rib!

Q: What is the value of the contour integral around Western Europe?
A: Zero.
Q: Why?
A: Because all poles are in Eastern Europe!

Q: How does a mathematician induce good behavior in her children?
A: "I've told you n times, I've told you n+1 times..."

Q: What does the Ph.D. in math with a job say to the Ph.D. in math without a job?
A: "Paper or plastic?"

Q: What is polite and works for the phone company?
A: A deferential operator.

Q: What did Al Gore play on his guitar?
A: An Algorithm

Q: Why was the parent function upset with its child?
A: It was stretched to its limit.

Q: What is purple and commutative?
A: An abelian grape

Q: Did you hear the one about the statistician?
A: Probably

Q: What wild animal is good at calculus?
A: The tangent lion (or a tangent)

Q: What is a proof?
A: One-half percent of alcohol.

Q: Why is a calculus book always unhappy?
A: Because it always has lots of problems.

Q: Why was the Calculus teacher bad at baseball?
A: He was better at fitting curves than hitting them.

Q: Why was the function so bent out of shape?
A: Its regression model was too tight a fit.

Q: Why do you rarely find mathematicians spending time at the beach?
A: Because they have sine and cosine to get a tan and don't need the sun!

Q: What did one calculus book say to the other?
A: Don't bother me I've got my own problems!

Q: What's yellow and equivalent to the Axiom of Choice.
A: Zorn's Lemon.

Q: Why did the algebra students throw bottles of hand cream across the classroom?
A: They were investigating projectile lotion.

Q: What do you get if you cross an elephant with a zebra.
A: Elephant zebra sin theta.

Q: Why is it that the more accuracy you demand from an interpolation function, the more expensive it becomes to compute?
A: That's the Law of Spline Demand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2013 03:19PM by Walter.
April 26, 2013 03:24PM
April 26, 2013 03:32PM
Hagatna, Guam (AP): At A.S Won Pat International Airport today, a male (later discovered to Jah Son) was arrested trying to board a flight to St Louis, Mo., while in possession of a compass, a protractor, and a graphical calculator.

According law enforcement officials, he is believed to have ties to the Al-Gebra network. He will be charged with carrying weapons of math instruction.
April 26, 2013 03:48PM
Walter, thanks for the belly laugh!
April 26, 2013 05:35PM
J_72
Right on Jah Son. I am applying for the AP US History reading next year. Have fun!

Jeff

I believe it is much easier to get an AP History reader gig than in Math. I was on a waiting list for 3 years, and got selected in the 3rd round this year. A colleague in History was selected the first year she applied.

Good luck!
Jah Son
April 26, 2013 05:39PM
I love math jokes even though most people don't understand them. I heard the Abelian Grape one almost 40 years ago, but there are plenty on this list that are new to me, and I will share them with my 1st and 2nd year Calculus students.

Best pick-up line for a math nerd:

"Let me be your derivative so I can be tangent to your curves"

Sexist? Yes! Funny? Hilarious!

My latest comeback to kids who want to turn in a late HW:

"What the fu....nction?"

OK, done thread hi-jacking

Thanks again, all in SNWMF management!

Jah Son
April 27, 2013 08:16AM
I am very thankful and glad for this lineup and another opportunity to come spend a weekend with friends made over the past decade of SNWMF festivals I've attended. I give the Respect to those that work so hard to make this my hands down favorite Reggae Festival.

DJ Big Jim

Ridgetop Ranking Reggae Radio show
Friday Nights 7-10pm PST
KMEC 105.1fm Ukiah, CA
[www.kmecradio.org]
SNWMF 1997, 1999-2005,2009-2014 (14 years attending)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login