Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Favorite place to enjoy the show's at BOOMville.

Posted by rossta8888 
Favorite place to enjoy the show's at BOOMville.
April 30, 2013 12:28PM
Just curious if everyone has that spot they always like to stand, sit or hang out while a show is going on at the main stage. With a Midnite show I have to be up front and in-between Ron and Vaughn. With Other reggae shows I still want to be upfront but like to be able to see the bass player and lead singer well. Something about being up front really helps catch all the vibes for me.
Re: Favorite place to enjoy the show's at BOOMville.
April 30, 2013 01:02PM
anywhere that has shade!

Jah Son
April 30, 2013 01:10PM
...For the reals,any possibly area that has cool shade...! (My favorite kweel place near-by is the nice people, Mr.+Mrs.Baxman's rehearsal studio across the street.)

Blessings,Tschüß,ciao ciao,
☼♫ ^-^ ♫☼ __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲

Dale Hauskins
Mobiltelefon/Handy/Cell:
001-858 401-2973
001-310 293 0432
Skypegrinning smileyalehauskins
http://www.musicianspage.com/musicians/DaleHauskins/
http://www.reverbnation.com/dalehauskins
http://www.mx3.ch/artist/dalehauskins
http://www.6degrees.ch/dalehauskins

Dale Hauskins:001.858.401.2973
Professional L.A.reggae jazz/rock hipHop lead-rhythm GUITARIST.
CD/Tour credits: Pato Banton;Martin Campbell;Phil Chen;Fully Fullwood;Majek Fashek;Myka 9;Scientist;Tippa Irie.
[www.reverbnation.com]
(Seeks a Schweizer Frau,Meitsch zum Hürote.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2013 01:13PM by dalehauskins.
April 30, 2013 09:21PM
Im always front center or in the pits c u there!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
April 30, 2013 09:39PM
I'm all about the back....love to people watch, hate to be crowded.
April 30, 2013 11:18PM
No matter what show Im at I will always try to find a spot next to the sound board. You wont find a better sounding place.
May 01, 2013 11:57AM
Danny Crucial! If its roots music im there front and center! see you soon!

East bay Herbalist my Fiance is all about the back for similar reasons to yours. People watch, not crowded and she says she can still hear and enjoy the tunes just fine. I just feel like I am missing something when I am in the back. Not sure why. I am that guy standing up front at a show at 930 and the band isnt coming on till 11. LOL

that is very interesting diesel about the sound board being the best sounding spot in house. I might check it out. Wont take your spot though. smiling smiley
May 01, 2013 12:05PM
please do take the spot of the fat guy with the air horn by the soundboard....do us all a favor.
May 01, 2013 12:07PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ LOL. not a fan of the air horn. How do you know that isnt me already. LOL
May 01, 2013 04:03PM
I never really got being front and center. You need to be atleast 15-20 feet away from the speakers for a full sound wave to form. The highs should be clear in the front and center since thier sound waves are shorter, but to hear the full speck drum of sound you need to be back by the sound board. There is a reason is there.
If your listening to a band that has thier own sound engineer or someone that knows how to dub things out you also want to try and be as centered as possible to hear the insuruments coming through each side left right properly.
Most people dont really notice it but a good engineer will Pan the drums from left to right so when a drummer is doing a drum roll, you should hear it go from on side to the other. Some key borad players to the same with thier different boards.
The show for me is not just on stage, its also back at the sound board.
Just my thoughts. Everyone likes to stand in differnt places for different reasons.
May 01, 2013 04:14PM
Soundboard
May 01, 2013 04:37PM
@Diesel - when you're front and center you can get real interaction with the artists, see facial expressions, etc. - basically all the things you otherwise would only see in a video. And the energy is more direct, especially if you're moving to the beat. That being said - when my knees are tired, etc - you'll usually find me by the board.

PS - The only frequencies that need that much room for a full cycle are deep bass notes, and they generally travel in all directions, so as long as you're not right next to the subs you should be hearing full range. The photo pit suffers the most. Of course things like wind can make things sound completely different just 5 feet away, and you KNOW the engineer's perspective is the best. There's a reason it's called front of house! smiling smiley

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
May 01, 2013 05:01PM
With any luck we'll have those photo pit fill speakers again, without them the sound up front at the valley is missing a lot. You get a lot of stage sound, from the amplifiers on stage and the drums being right there, but not much vocals without those fills. I have found though, that standing in the front is a very different experience, more intense vibes, more personal connection to the performers. It can be wonderful, and can be too intense at times when you just want to listen to the tunes. I've always kept an eye on the soundboard myself, if it doesn't sound good near there, it probably won't sound good anywhere.

Love that reggae!
May 01, 2013 05:45PM
I am all over the place but like the shade too...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
May 01, 2013 08:54PM
With my family and friends.....At times that's by the sound board or front and center to catch the artists energy and joy. Shade is a big ting, but really the last few years haven't been that hot. When my wife and best friends are vibn next to me it doesn't really matter where I'm posted up. Great thread Tyler.
Re: Favorite place to enjoy the shows at BOOMville.
May 01, 2013 11:19PM
When i was younger , I always at the front dancing all the way but now that I am getting older , I stay under the TENT with my chair ,cooler and stash. I dance under tent mostly and same time I go to the front and enjoy the show , then get back to my chair under the shade. That works for me.

Peace.
May 01, 2013 11:21PM
Anywhere and everywhere!
May 02, 2013 05:10AM
After many years of running in with blanket in hand at 8 in the morning to get shade under the tarp at ROTR (for my kids and friends), my wife and I put down a small blanket wherever we can around the Valley stage and cruise around all day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 06:59AM by J_72.
AJ
May 02, 2013 05:21AM
Shade ~ we bring our umbrellas on Saturday & Sunday. Near friends that we have met over the years @ SNWMF & Hendy Woods. A view of the stage. Also a spot where you have room to dance!
May 02, 2013 09:36AM
Fun to hear everyones favorite spots! Shade, Soundboard and up front seem to be most common spots to hang out. Funny I never worried the sun and I drink more water than my body needs and I never thought about the soundboard but that makes so much sense. In my mind why would you not want to be up front uless you didnt get there early enough. LOL
May 02, 2013 11:49AM
From my hot tub!
May 02, 2013 12:27PM
Back stage, behind the valley stage if you have access is a nice place to chill and escape the massive. However sound is not the best.
May 02, 2013 12:35PM
DJ Spleece
From my hot tub!

YOur bringing a hot tub? I might be down for a cold tub in the middle of the day.lol
May 02, 2013 12:41PM
danny crucial knows where to find me..... smoking smiley

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login