Marley reality/talent show to be filmed at Boonville?
May 05, 2013 12:15AM
from http://www.sonicbids.com/Opportunity/OpportunityView.aspx?&opportunity_id=109148

Gig Listing: Marley's Music Uprising
Category: Talent Competition
Date & Location: Jun 21, 2013 - Jun 23, 2013 - Boonville, CA USA

Gig Overview
Marley's Music Uprising Band Search is a program that is giving artists the opportunity to perform at summer music festivals and record at Tuff Gong Studios in Jamaica! The Marley Family will select 25 Sonicbids artists to be featured as Artists of the Week which includes a free download of their music readily available for fans.

Each of the 25 artists will enter a round of public voting. The 3 Sonicbids artists with the most votes will be selected to perform at jammin' summer music festivals and 1 Grand Prize winner to record at Tuff Gong Studios.

Marley's Music Uprising Band Search wants fans to vote for the voice of their generation and will be awarding fans weekly with Marley's Mellow Mood and Gear. One lucky fan will win a trip to Tuff Gong Studios!

Submissions will open on May 2 and will end on May 15. Voting will open on May 22 and will remain open throughout the summer. Artists will be selected to perform at festivals based on the number of votes that they have on the specified date prior to the festival.

If you are the voice of your generation, join Marley's Music Uprising Band Search and be heard!

Gig Listing: Marley's Music Uprising
Category: Talent Competition
Date & Location: Jun 21, 2013 - Jun 23, 2013 - Boonville, CA USA
Reserved Slots: 3
Genres: Funk, Hip-Hop/Rap, Jazz, Reggae, Rock, Soul, Spoken Word, and Urban/R&B
Promoter: Marley's Mellow Mood
Re: Marley reality/talent show to be filmed at Boonville?
May 05, 2013 12:17AM
I mean wha?
May 05, 2013 09:29AM
???????????????????????????????????????
May 05, 2013 09:36AM
Oh Lordy

Love that reggae!
May 05, 2013 09:53AM
Jamerican Idol????
May 05, 2013 10:34AM
This could indeed be very interesting!
May 05, 2013 10:36AM
This is NOT a reality show and I'm pretty sure it will NOT be filmed. One of the festival sponsors (Mellow Mood) IS doing a talent contest this summer. They will occupy the village stage from 6:15 until 6:45 (while Max Romeo is on the valley stage) and will have (I believe) 2 of their contestants on stage at that time. I'll provide more information as it becomes available to me....
May 05, 2013 03:03PM
nothing wrong with a good talent contest. Romain Virgo, one of the crowd favorites from the last couple years - is a previous winner of Rising Stars, JA's equivilent of American Idol....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login