Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Campsite Size

Posted by yellowberry 
Campsite Size
May 06, 2013 11:27AM
What determines the allotted campsite size? Do four people (separate tents) in one car get the same size campsite as four cars one person each?
Re: Campsite Size
May 06, 2013 12:04PM
basically... the sites are all the same size (roughly the 10 x 10 space behind your car), but they are not marked so hopefully you end up next to a car that just has 1 tent and you can annex some extra space... the good part is that people are directed into their spots, so you won't have to deal with a land rush....

luckily the lineup this year is so good you shouldn't be spending much time in camp...

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
May 06, 2013 01:24PM
That's kind of what I thought. Seems like it really doesn't really pay off to carpool then does it, with regard to c/s size ...
May 06, 2013 01:50PM
carpooling is always a good idea.....
May 06, 2013 02:55PM
yeah i understand..... it's a fine line to balance..... smiling smiley

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
May 06, 2013 03:32PM
Well, you have to pay by the car, so each car gets a campsite. Seems fair to me.We always take seperate cars so we can hook-up a decent area and then have a few (car-less) friends join in.
May 06, 2013 06:57PM
Having more than one car is the key. Have the other car park behind the other one so yo can have space together.
Parking side by side isn't as good. At least three cars are needed to obtain decent space.
May 07, 2013 11:12AM
Well, I am going to carpool apparently at the expense of no campsite space...lol...eye popping smiley
May 07, 2013 02:37PM
don't worry about the side to side room - your camping space goes up up up to infinity.
Stack 'em high yellowberry
May 21, 2013 09:51AM
LOL...guess I need a two story tent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login