Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lee Perry On Bunny

Posted by bigvein 
Lee Perry On Bunny
May 07, 2013 10:12AM
Seems to side with Snoop on this one..

[unitedreggae.com]

Greatest disappointment or regret in life?

Disappointment - I never have one. And I regret nothing! It was to be so, or it was not to be so. With the Bob Marley movie what did I say to the people? It's stupid having Bunny Wailer introducing this movie. That is like a 'doom', because Bunny is a 'doom' – a 'doom' is not when you die suddenly, but when you die begging. Bunny has issues that are bigger than just 'problems'. He wants to be what he cannot be. He's very sour. It's bigger than an ego problem, there's something rotten and dead there. He wanted to be a prophet. And the people that follow somebody like that are surely doomed. Bunny Wailer is a bad minded and hateful 'doom'. The problem with him is that he wants to be Bob Marley. He hates me very much, because I helped Bob and did not help him – also I let the girls do the harmonies instead of him. If you listen to Coxsone Dodd's recordings of Bob and then listen to Bob's recordings with me, you will hear a different voice, you will know that something has changed. The energy that was in Bob was my energy. The energy Bob had did not belong to him, he mixed it up with coke and cigarettes. If you believe in transforming, you can have someone imitating you and using your spirit, as the spirit moves from body to body. That's what happened with Bob and me. Me have in mind to make him carry the cross. In this business many try to capture my spirit and eat my energy, that's why they take my picture, to lead me to depression and destruction. But I'm a good 'dread'.
Re: Lee Perry On Bunny
May 07, 2013 11:13AM
Interesting thumbs up

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
May 07, 2013 11:45AM
Bunny getting hated on from all corners the last couple of weeks.

Be well
eric v
May 07, 2013 12:15PM
Has anyone see lee scratch play recently? He is like a retarded bum standing on the corner talking to himself. He may have been talented 30 years ago but today he is nothing special. Have you ever noticed that he is never at huge reggae festivals in the last 10 years????
May 07, 2013 12:23PM
westafari
Has anyone see lee scratch play recently? He is like a retarded bum standing on the corner talking to himself. He may have been talented 30 years ago but today he is nothing special. Have you ever noticed that he is never at huge reggae festivals in the last 10 years????

in before the PC police come in with their "I'm offended, my brother/sister/relative/child is mentally disabled"'
May 07, 2013 12:40PM
It's always funny to me when one lunatic coments on another lunatic.....
May 07, 2013 12:48PM
bigvein
in before the PC police come in with their "I'm offended, my brother/sister/relative/child is mentally disabled"'

[www.r-word.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2013 07:50PM by J_72.
May 07, 2013 12:48PM
westafari

Perry was on every huge Reggae festival in europe during the past 10 years!

May 07, 2013 12:50PM
"The energy that was in Bob was my energy. " Seems pretty clear that Bob had plenty of his own energy.
May 07, 2013 01:00PM
Regarding recent Scratch live shows, if you swapped out Prince Jazzbo for Scratch at the last minute but kept the same backing band and tunes you would get a pretty great show.
May 07, 2013 01:15PM
I love Scratch, but rarely take him seriously.
May 07, 2013 01:53PM
"He mixed it up with Coke and Cigs" What????
May 07, 2013 01:56PM
Jah Mike
I love Scratch, but rarely take him seriously.

The little man with the mirrors on his shoes----imagine what a stunning rggae review he could do if he collaborated with some of the remaining artists he recorded, and came to the stage in that manner. From music of the Ska Era on, it could be an epochal moment....

None of us can say first hand anything about the dynamics between Mr. Perry & Mr. Livingston, BUT each is a short, wilfull, Napoleonic Jamaican male with ego, talent & a tendency to prickly self-regard and a dollop of suspicion for the world at large. From various sources the inevitable jostling over $$$ came up w/ Perry and the Wailers, & I cannot imagine Bunny LIKING the idea of his best friend collaborating on songwriting w/ Scratch.

So each talks smack about the other, as they close in on their 8th Decade on the planet. Reggae, y'know??
May 07, 2013 01:58PM
rossta8888
"He mixed it up with Coke and Cigs" What????

Yes---these rumours abounded, regarding Bob. None of us were there to see it first hand...
May 07, 2013 03:23PM
Sad to see the negative side of Reggae music. So much love in my life from Bunny, Bobs and Lee Perry's music. That is how I will always remember them!!!!
May 08, 2013 03:37AM
I don't love Scratch; I despise him. He is a mean, bitter, resentful little man whose talent died when first he desecrated and then torched his studio. Perry is the type of wealthy man who walks into Trojan and is given £500 every week and then goes around begging the recolrd company's ill paid stafff for a spliff. The Upsetter is the kind of pest who dances with candles on his head for ingenuous journalists like Dave Katz and then leaves the molten wax and other rubbish around for the black skivvy employed by his record company to clear up. Rainsford is the sort of creep who diverts any conversation one has with him into a kind of surreal dreamscape where he dictates his favourite preoccupations. Pipecock Jackson is a liar and a thief, who with no proof whatsover implicated Bunny Lee in the deaths of both Slim Smith and King Tubby.

Back weh Satan!

Reel
May 08, 2013 05:57AM
....have to agree with reel...
AJ
May 08, 2013 06:14AM
westafari
Has anyone see lee scratch play recently?
I saw him @ the Rialto Theatre in Tucson on December 8, 2011, on the same bill with Family Man Barret & his Wailers.
Actually it was a good show. Perry's band was crystal clear (I don't recall their name) and Perry was in fine form. He conected with the audience of about 150 ~ 200. No weird stuff & no talking to himself. He was smiling & enjoying himself ~ so was the audience. I would for sure go see him again.
I wonder if Mr. Perry & Mr. Barret talked to each other back stage?
I do not know what goes on behind the scenes in the reggae world. I try to enjoy shows and not be critical. I'm just a little reggae fan.
"People Funny Boy"
May 08, 2013 07:31AM
@aj

Man, I love the Rialto Theater. I remember catching the film 'Decline of Western Civilization Part 2' there in 1988. I never saw any concerts there. Most of the reggae gigs I went to in the late 80's were at Mudbuggs and Veterans Hall.
AJ
May 08, 2013 08:32AM
@Papaken
Did you live in Tucson?
Yes the Rialto Theater is a great place for concerts. Old time movie/concert hall. We also went to Club Congress kind of across the street from the Rialto a few weeks later to see Combo Westside during the Dillinger Days Festival. Love that town. smiling smiley
May 08, 2013 09:50AM
@AJ

I went to school at the UofA and lived in Tucson periodically from 1988 to 1995. When friends would come in from out of town, we would go to El Charro cafe and Club Congress-one particularly memorable night in 1989, my buddy Spud and I caught Jersey new wavers 'The Feelies' at Congress (glad to know Congress is still around). My best memories from those days were hanging around with Papa Ranger and his Twelve Tribes Sound System and the RootsMan Skanking record shop, which unfortunately closed in 1989.

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
May 08, 2013 10:07AM
"The energy that was in Bob was my energy. "

So I guess we should all be thanking Mr. Perry for Bob's energy? Please...
May 08, 2013 11:57AM
they tried to bottle his energy, but turned out it was mellow
May 08, 2013 01:41PM
Ras_Adam
they tried to bottle his energy, but turned out it was mellow

... And Berry Flavored eye rolling smiley

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
May 08, 2013 02:29PM
The man
I don't love Scratch; I despise him. He is a mean, bitter, resentful little man whose talent died when first he desecrated and then torched his studio. Perry is the type of wealthy man who walks into Trojan and is given £500 every week and then goes around begging the recolrd company's ill paid stafff for a spliff. The Upsetter is the kind of pest who dances with candles on his head for ingenuous journalists like Dave Katz and then leaves the molten wax and other rubbish around for the black skivvy employed by his record company to clear up. Rainsford is the sort of creep who diverts any conversation one has with him into a kind of surreal dreamscape where he dictates his favourite preoccupations. Pipecock Jackson is a liar and a thief, who with no proof whatsover implicated Bunny Lee in the deaths of both Slim Smith and King Tubby.

Back weh Satan!

Reel

YES MR. REEL---YOUR ANIMOSITY FOR LEE PERRY IS WELL DOCUMENTED BY NOW. eye rolling smiley

I'd say your advocacy for Bunny Lee as some shining example of ethical behavior in comparison to Scratch is a hoot---
both men had falling outs with the artists they recorded in the past over $$$$.

The difference is Lee continues to pimp the names of sufferahs who have recorded for him---there are more than a few examples of artists f*cked over(currently) by your favorite Jamaican producer. In this, Bunny Lee is no better than
Coxone Dodd.

This is a guy who puts out a bullsh*t package on Kingston Sounds, claiming it is 'Augustus Pablo On Bond Street', when it is nothing less than a con-job featuring someone who is about as much PABLO as I am Genghis Khan.

I'd say your disapproval/adulation for certain figures in Jamaican music is----'problematic'.
May 08, 2013 03:46PM
Haha - I was going to say LSP is hardly the exception (for funny boy biz) in reggae music, but Papa Ray put it much better than I could.

I will add: Perry has been spouting off for so many years now that his rants/fabrications/distortions come off as exactly that. Just like Charlie Sheen, he may say something completely outrageous, but he still seems like he's your slightly "touched" uncle. One can only smile and move along...

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
May 09, 2013 10:28AM
Shitty, I hadn't heard about the coke and ciggerates either.. Makes you wonder who else does behind curtain.. I've heard rumor of kalonji but nothing more.. And then eeka mouse.. But come on now, he even sounds a little cracked out.. Bittybitty bong bong
May 09, 2013 10:40AM
Lee Perry has a serious case of what my crew and I refer to as "VERBAL DIARRHEA". What an arrogant clown.
May 09, 2013 11:03AM
I've read the coke rumors came out as he was losing weight due to the cancer.
May 09, 2013 11:56AM
I don't pay much attention to gossip. I just enjoy the music.
May 09, 2013 01:11PM
It's just sad to see these "legends" make fools of themselves
May 09, 2013 08:33PM
Reel wasn't talking about Lee Perry. As usual he was talking about himself.

Translated:

"I am the kind of grudgeful pest who never misses an opportunity to slag off real writers like Dave Katz . I am the sort of creep who diverts any topic to self-important pronunciations. I am a mean, bitter, resentful little man whose talent is.......what exactly?"

May 09, 2013 09:05PM
the real question i got for the man is if he tell satan to back weh, than say there no god what he really getting on to?explain....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login