Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

more roots. less dancehall

Posted by ras angel 
more roots. less dancehall
March 01, 2005 09:08PM
the lineup needs to start adding better bands, so far the couple acts that i am looking forward is groundation and abyssinians. we need more roots.if any of the next few bands are dancehall i will be very dissapointed. more roots please. martin campbell, midnite
Re: more roots. less dancehall
March 01, 2005 09:21PM
March 01, 2005 09:31PM
I disagree, I feel that we need more dancehall acts because they are representing what's happening now in the island community.....I also think they should even represent some reggaeton ie: Don Omar, Ivy Queen, etc.... It would be nice to get more fans from urban areas than aged hippies and college stoners that the roots acts usually draw.......
March 01, 2005 09:37PM
Just kiddin on the "No" but I would like to see whoever puts o the best Live show Period. If that is a Roots Show then so be it. Luciano climbing 50 feet in the air on some speakers, or KRS rippin edutainment on the masses I am down
March 01, 2005 09:39PM
This isn't intended to sound sarcastic or mean, but names like Sugar minot, Don Carlos, U-Roy Johnny osbourne. Aren't they dancehall and aren't they also roots?
Just looking for clarification, no trouble.
I'd alson like to add Tigo Caldorone (spelling?) to the reggaeton list

Michael
March 01, 2005 09:42PM
Yes, Mr. Mad Town good question. Many original Don nice the lawn.
March 01, 2005 10:03PM
I agree......Rankin Joe, Mikey Dread, Edi Fitzroy, I-Roy....team them up with the Blood & Fire Soundsystem.......that would be much niceness......
jbwelda
March 01, 2005 11:08PM
but when people say they want "dancehall" they usually dont mean those veterans. most dont even know who they are, they want the latest flava. they wouldnt even recognize a late 80s sugar minott tune as "dancehall"...

one love
jah bill
March 02, 2005 12:12AM
less music that makes women cock up dem batty and give men stiff cockie, and more music that makes Deadheads do their tie-dye hippie swirl dance. thanks in advance...

On a serious note, Gal Over Gun and African Brothers over Ward 21.

Post Edited (03-01-05 16:16)
encanto
March 02, 2005 01:25AM
MORE ROOTS...LESS DANCEHALL.
RON-I
March 02, 2005 04:10AM
ROOTS GWAN INNA DANCEHALL-UNITY SOUNDS
March 02, 2005 05:27AM
I guess when you say dancehall you have to specify the era. Agreed JB, the people calling for dancehall want the new stuff, not the classic dancehall from the 80's. They could just focus on the 80's and I'd be happy, but then I fit into that old guy/college stoner crowd, except I'm the husband/father/getting older/ stoner/ trying to hold on to my youth crowd.

fourtwentyplenty
March 02, 2005 08:21AM
more 80's dancehall not the new flava.
calireggae
March 02, 2005 08:31AM
I'm all about aged hippies and college stoners. I don't have any problem with hippies so long as they don't smell like funk. They make the atomosphere more nice.
Raja I
March 02, 2005 09:18AM
yeah, I don't think we should have anymore dancehall, cuz then someone might do something else beside sway around with their eyes closed. Jah Bill is so tolerant, it is funny how he mentions people who wouldn't recognize a late 80's danehall tune, when he comes off as if we are misrepresenting our current 'flava' as something that can never replace his glory daze. I can't wait 'til I'm an aged hippy telling Sierra Nevada that they need to get vybz cartel, cuz the new cutz are too hardcore for me. Cool slang brother.
ephteeay
March 02, 2005 10:16AM
Author: RARE AUDIO (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: 03-01-05 14:03

I agree......Rankin Joe, Mikey Dread, Edi Fitzroy, I-Roy....team them up with the Blood & Fire Soundsystem.......that would be much niceness......
************************************************************************************
i roy unfortunately passed away. maybe youre talking about u roy?
jbwelda
March 02, 2005 04:56PM
>aged hippy

speak for yourself.

one love
jah bill
Stevo
March 02, 2005 07:17PM
The Black Roots 10" showcases are the best examples of the word "dancehall" if you asked me. With cuts like......."Dancehall Style". No one does it like Sugar Minott. Except maybe Patrick Andy.
-Stevo
HIGHPRAISE
March 02, 2005 09:51PM
Dancehall (new) + youts+ urban+ alcohol, might = something that should never happen especially at SNWMF.... : { Its probably only a matter of time.
I witnessed it last year , but he got aressted before acual violence errupted.
Only to return the next day to call anyone out that wanted to step. Luckily no one did. Claiming Bay Area and all that s#@t.. Leave the dancehall acts for the clubs
not festivals..
March 02, 2005 09:56PM
Well, this is one rude boy from town who can keep his dick in his pants long enough to enjoy himself at a festival and not start trouble. Has nothing to do with the music, cos nuff nuff dancehall acts perform deep inna the country in Jamaica, without the threat of violence.
It comes down to those who go for the music, and those who go for the party. And like any party there's always someone in the corner who just got rejected by the girl he wanted and is ready to buss a cap in the place to prove he's a real man still....LOL

HIGHPRAISE
March 02, 2005 10:07PM
Unfortunatly many come just for the party.. Inside the venue is usually all good,but
the lot is another story .Anyways dancehall for the hall -conciousness, positivity,roots for the stage.
March 03, 2005 12:08AM
it certainly has to do with the music - the chances of some type-a wacko going off is much greater at dancehall than roots. not saying it always happens but you must know that the music draws the crowd, not the other way around. and judging from some of the dancehall supporters posts recently, trouble is already brewing. some of these girls have an attitude already and music is not even playing.
HIGHPRAISE
March 03, 2005 12:13AM
True......
Acacia
Dirtweed, you think I have a bad attitude?
Acacia
smiling smiley Just kidding.
HIGHPRAISE
March 03, 2005 12:17AM
Watchin for some youts them......
encanto
March 03, 2005 12:24AM
im sure staff are working hard to bring roots&culture reggae music. these bands seem to be more expensive than the new dancehall artists. for $100 bucks a ticket, we want to see more roots reggae music bands.
some youths are bringing crank to the fest, we saw it last year. jah children need more direction.
March 03, 2005 12:32AM
What are the chances that people will do drugs at this show, Oh that is right much like most of the hypocrites in this country we only complain when people do and act in ways that we don't. ROOTS MUSIC IS NOT ABOUT PEACE AND SMOKIN AND EVERYONE DANCING WITH THEIR HANDS ABOVE THEIR HEAD IN A SPIRAL. IT IS BIBLICAL! SODOM AND GOMMORAH! THE KILLING OF INNOCENT CHILDREN (EGYPTIAN FIRST BORN) JAH IS NOT A RESPECTOR OF PERSON! WHEN THEY TALK ABOUT 7'S CLASHING WE ARE TALKING ARMAGIDEON TIME!! WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT EQUAL RIGHTS FOR MEN AND WOMEN. WOMEN ARE SUBJECT TO MEN AND THEIR JUDGEMENTS! DANCEHALL, THE "NEW FLAVA" AS IT IS BEING CALLED IS THE MUSIC OF THE GHETTO YOUTH IN JAMAICA. NOT ROOTS. SORRY, ROOTS ARTIST GET MAD RESPECT, BUT YOUTH AIN'T BUMPIN THE ABSYNIANS OVER ELEPHANT MAN. YOU PEOPLE SOUND LIKE ASHCROFT AND HIS FOOLISHNESS. WE BETTER STOP FESTIVALS CAUSE TROUBLE IS ALREADY BREWING. STOP MIS REPRESENTING ROOTS MUSIC AS SOME SORT OF POLYANNA RODNEY KING CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG CRAP. IT ISN'T ABOUT ALL THAT. now let me calm down. I think what is going on is just a mis understanding of astronomical proportions (relative to the fact that this is just a message board.) I guess what I wonder is this. How can people complain about the "violent" message of current dancehall and then call for more roots? Roots predicts a violent day of Judgement that will come upon all mankind. Death and disease that makes the tsunami look like nothing. 9/11 nothing. The Jewish Holocaust, nothing. The African Holocaust, Nothing. Know what the lyrics mean before you speak. I know many of you do and I would like to hear what you have to say. I am attacking no one, I just need this to be clarified cause it seems inconsistent
March 03, 2005 12:33AM
oh no acacia - you have a good attitude. i was referring to rudebwoystyle and others. =8o

HIGHPRAISE
March 03, 2005 12:47AM
All good things come to an end. I predict the time is near.....
RIP SNWMF.......
March 03, 2005 12:53AM
ninjacat--

not all roots music is rastafari message music. it's a reality message music for all, not just those of a faith.

m.

Acacia
March 03, 2005 12:56AM
I know, I just couldn't resist.
HIGHPRAISE
March 03, 2005 01:00AM
Check out chiminos post.. "First magazine available in pdf format"
The Spragga Benz pictures.. That sums it up..
March 03, 2005 01:00AM
More dancehall. reflect the times. new flava. I love the roots, but i've seen too much of the same roots groups. we want to see something new. Too bad the best acts in reggae today have been banned from playing live by radical gay and lesbian groups.
Stevo
March 03, 2005 01:39AM
Good point about seeing all the same roots acts..... I would then point out roots selectors. Or better way to say it.....Roots Soundsystem. Which crushes dancehall soundsystem no contest. Why? Because Roots Soundsystem is building a vibe, a vibe for the people. Dancehall soundsystem is NOT building a vibe, they're tearing one down. And pointing to no one but themselves. Just think about the completely different method to making Dubplates. Roots- alternative instrumental cuts each one better than the last(as well as vocals, though never shamelessly dissing anyone). Dancehall Dubplates- Dissing, Bigging up ones' chest/ ego. Fighting down the opponent. YES I SEE THE TRADITION, but I see absolutely no progression. If you want to have mad new roots artists at SNWMF, invest in the kind of soundsystem that can handle that Gorrillanazium, and cool out to someting you will never forget. Just ask the idrens across di pond. The roots is out there, make no mistake. We're just buying what they're selling. No disrespect to the Rudebwoys dem. But I for one am not excited about Jamaican Hip Hop. And except for a blessed few, no one in America knows what I'm talking about. Because if ya did......ya'd be requestin it.
-Stevo
March 03, 2005 09:01AM
Seein' all the same roots acts? I don't think so. Who here has seen the Maytones, Dennis Alcapone, or Queen Omega? I've been listening to Jah music for over 20 years and have been to numerous festivals both in the US and Jamaica and I've never seen any of those artists, but am really looking forward to seeing them this year.
Want new dancehall? How about the 5th Element Crew? Richie Spice and Chuck Fenda currently have out two of the most solid Reggae/Dancehall albums produced in the last year.
If the "new flava dancehall" your looking for is a bunch of talentless crackheads and homophobic, sexist gangbangers screaming about how big their dicks are or how cool it is to be a violent sociopath, I would definitely prefer that you take it some place else and let the rest of us enjoy SNWMF's conscious vibes.

One Love,
Jah Mike
calireggae
March 03, 2005 10:58AM
Ninja, I think you are right about the fact that roots music isn't just all happy go lucky everyone love everyone. It is a religous music and therefore follows the their religous beliefs. However I think that their is alot of roots that is about love and equality. Bob Marley, Gregory Issacs, and Dennis Brown are three of the biggest names in reggae and alot of their music was love songs, about women. I think the difference in the violence in roots music that you speak of is that it is of a biblical nature, whereas when the dancehall artists speak of violence it is more born of ghetto youths that want to prove how tough they are, much like American "Rap" muisc. Also I think a big part of it all is the persona and appearnce of the artists. Roots artists are generally speaking more easy going and laid back with big smiles on their face while performing. Dancehall artists get the bad rap because they do things like fight eachother on stage.
March 04, 2005 09:49PM
More dancehall with roots. These postive people need to open up a little. One memory I have is regg on river a few years ago. Mr. vegas came out riping it up, but all the hippies were so closed minded that mr vegas decied to leave the stage. I actually heard someone say no vegas we want julie butterfly? What the #$#$. Im sorry but julie butter fly should not be at any REGGAEFEST. And dancehall is what you hear in the islands these days, not these aging acts that have been coming to the states for years...just my 2 cents
March 04, 2005 10:18PM
I went to a foreign country/and I just got back to JA......BEHOLD Mr. Vegas has returned!!!!!!!!!!!!
HIGHPRAISE
March 04, 2005 10:54PM
Anthony B has a mustache... : ]
HIGHPRAISE
March 04, 2005 11:03PM
Anthony Cruz " With his cute baby face, captivating eyes, sexy physique, soulful voice, classy attire, shy-guy demeanour "
I JUST CANT WAIT........
KeithM
March 04, 2005 11:32PM
Author: benjamin (---.com)
Date: 03-04-05 13:49

More dancehall with roots. These postive people need to open up a little. One memory I have is regg on river a few years ago. Mr. vegas came out riping it up, but all the hippies were so closed minded that mr vegas decied to leave the stage. I actually heard someone say no vegas we want julie butterfly? What the #$#$. Im sorry but julie butter fly should not be at any REGGAEFEST. And dancehall is what you hear in the islands these days, not these aging acts that have been coming to the states for years...just my 2 cents

Reply To This Message

This is so true.
HIGHPRAISE
March 05, 2005 12:05AM
Bald head , bald face, commercial locks, superficial name brands, hard looks, gun talk, gun tote, babylonian ways, vanity......
March 05, 2005 12:38AM
I have been attending Sierra Nevada for awhile, and so far the line up is weak. Ok I said it.. I have always supported SN's line up's and hung in there.. But I am starting to get a little worried.
encanto
March 05, 2005 12:45AM
word.
jb welda
March 05, 2005 01:13AM
oh my

one love
jah bill

ps: its barely march.
HIGHPRAISE
March 05, 2005 01:29AM
At least they got The Maytones... Waiting for more.... Oh yea Bambu.. OK
HIGHPRAISE
March 05, 2005 01:32AM
Dennis Alcapone.. cool
March 05, 2005 01:48AM
Feel ya Keith, but remember this is Northern Cali. It's our home court. Hippies and hicks outnumber Rastas and Jamaicans. If Sierra tried to mimic the dancehalls of Jamaica we might have an orgy on our hands too. Not to mention what the locals would do. Try to imagine having a bashment in the middle of rural Texas.

fourtwentyplenty
KeithM
March 05, 2005 01:59AM
Yeah Fourtwenty I agree with that too. One reason I like comming out is to get the vibe that N. California gives to us all. Around Houston it is full bashment style with mostly Island people at the shows...but I do agree with his statment on the feelings towards the dancehall...but this is also a tired subject on this board!
Peace
March 05, 2005 06:20AM
Agreed it is tired for those of us that hang around here too much, but there's always fresh blood to start it up again. It's kind of an eternal battle in The States within reggae until the elders move on. I just hope roots can endure when we lose the greats. Although there are many new roots bands out there, I just don't see them having the same widespread global appeal that those of the roots and culture era have. Hope I'm wrong. We could discuss this instead. I'm just a fan, but those in DJing, radio and promotions, etc might have a better view.

fourtwentyplenty
HIGHPRAISE
March 05, 2005 07:36AM
Thats kinda sad when i think about it.... I think thier is definatly some that can carry the torch though..
HIGHPRAISE
March 05, 2005 07:41AM
Who can name some young (younger) talent (ROOTS) for the new generation?
I'll set it off w/ the obvious...MIDNITE BAND.....
March 05, 2005 07:57AM
Warrior King
Queen Omega
Morgan Heritage
Bushman
Dezarie
Natty King
Junior P (from STX)
HIGHPRAISE
March 05, 2005 09:10AM
Never heard Junior P.. I'll check 4 him. (stx) meaning St. Croix?
I hope to see and hear more of Jahcob Seed..
March 05, 2005 09:17AM
Well, if you saw Dezarie at any of her west coast dates last June, then you have heard Junior P......

[www.vireggae.com]
HIGHPRAISE
March 05, 2005 09:33AM
Thanks for the link.. Sounds good. Yes I the future looks bright.
Daniel i have a question. How can i get Army "Struggler" Danny I "Jah Fury"? I've been all over the internet only to find "out of stock" or "back order"
March 05, 2005 11:00AM
Here's some more conscious youth carrying on the tradition:
Morgan Heritage
Luciano
Jr. Kelly
Richie Spice
Chuck Fenda
Bambu Station
Everton Blender
President Brown

And there's nuff more comin' up that haven't broken nationally yet.
Roots music will never appeal to the same crowd that listens to gangsta rap and heavy metal. Jah music only appeals to the man or woman with a consciousness that has reached a higher level of development. Unlike the "popular" music genres that win followers by appealing to the lowest common denominator, the best roots artists remain true to what they believe, not what they think will make them rich and famous.
nate
March 05, 2005 12:15PM
I really don't know why people are so obssed with this new dance hall crap. DANCE HALL MUSIC SUCKS, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ROOTS
calireggae
March 05, 2005 01:06PM
Why loads of people say that this fest has to mirror whats happin in JA right now is lost on me. It is not a Jamacian music festival, the title says "world" but we all know it's a reggae fest. And while Jamacia is the birthplace of reggae and therefore should always be represented somewhat,but lets face it, it is no longer the only place on the earth putting out good reggae. St. Croix music is quickly gaining popularity, there are a number of US bands that are making names for them selves, and the UK has always had a solid reggae scene. And while Gentleman is the first artist out of Germany to gain international popularity, I would venture to say that he won't be the last. You can have a roots festival if you want to, there is plenty of great roots music from JA and abroad to fill a three day fest.
KeithM
March 05, 2005 01:47PM
Author: nate (---.nevp.com)
Date: 03-05-05 04:15

I really don't know why people are so obssed with this new dance hall crap. DANCE HALL MUSIC SUCKS, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ROOTS

Now that is the most ignorant comment I have ever heard on this board
nate
March 05, 2005 02:34PM
Is it only ignorant because I don't agree with you?
KeithM
March 05, 2005 02:44PM
Not all nate dogg.....It is because you are pretty narrow minded for a roots lover. Not all dancehall is Pon Di River or Like Glue...there is alot of great dancehall that is concious and brings a great vibe to lift up the concert. Brings some much needed vibes to any festival. But you can have your opinion that its all about the roots....but do not diss something you dont know much about.
nate
March 05, 2005 03:01PM
I know mre about dance hall and roots than you might think. It just gets me really upset when people are requesting people like elephant man Shaggy and Mr. Vegas When roots reggae is soooooo much better roots music is what lifts me up dance hall is just too popular and sounds too much like hip hop to me I don't think it has any place at the fest. Just my opinon
KeithM
March 05, 2005 03:09PM
Yeah but only the dancehall on the radio sounds like what your describing. That is only a small fraction of what is being released...that would be like me saying all roots sounds like Bob Marley.
March 05, 2005 05:15PM
To many closed egos in american reggae. Give me a break, higher consciousness with roots than dancehall.You have a lot to learn about higher Conciousness if your making statments like that. Dancehall is the expression of the reggae youth of today, what is real in their world. Sure we can get together and hold hands and act like theres no problem in the world but thats not real at all. Maybe you should move to hawaii and isolate yourself with some of the "rightious" people over there who are tring to RUN from the problems of today. I prefer to confront them problems, dance with dem and do what I can to change them....
WHY
March 05, 2005 05:57PM
ANY GOOD REASON WHY PEOPLE HERE ARE DISSING THE DANCEHALL, TOO CONCIOUS? GIDDEON RED.
Stevo
March 05, 2005 07:04PM
Can anyone else attest to the progression of a reggae-phile(s), eventually ending up as a roots junkie(s) in the long run. And that it's only a matter of time before those infatuated with dancehall today, will be in love with roots tomorrow. If they persevere, that is. And if they have any real guidance from anyone whoz loved reggae for a decade or more. Roots is forever.....dancehall is forever changing.
-Stevo
HIGHPRAISE
March 05, 2005 08:30PM
Well put stevo. I'm 31 now and definatly can attest to this. Late 80's early 90's couldn't get enough of those synth basslines .. Shabba "woman mi run down"...
LOL ................ Only now to talk s@#t to the hall lovers on this forum..
What a hipocrite.. : { I guess im just not down w/ the Bald head , bald face, commercial locks, superficial name brands, hard looks, gun talk, gun tote, babylonian ways, vanity......thats in the scene.. Whatever.....
Anonynras
March 05, 2005 09:27PM
Yes I More ROOTS!!!!! Haile Selassie Live!!!
Anonynras
March 05, 2005 09:28PM
lol dancehall too conscious? neva
HIGHPRAISE
March 06, 2005 12:38AM
SABBATTICAL AHDAH............. SHOUT !!!!!!!
RON-I
March 06, 2005 10:37PM
CAN,T HAVE A DANCEHALL TREE WITHOUT ROOTS, SO LISTEN CAREFULLY, OPEN MINDEDLY, AND YOU WILL SEE THE ROOTS DELIVERANCE INNA THIS HERE DANCEHALL MUSIC. CONCIOUS ROOTSMINDED DANCEHALL, IT IS WHAT IS AND WHAT IS TO COME- DANCEHALL ROOTS RIDDIMS- UNITY, STRENGTH, AND JAHLOVE FOR I N I!!!!!!!!!
March 07, 2005 12:22AM
DEECEE and Dancehall friends,
There is plenty of dancehall going on every night around California, if a dancehall club scene is what you seek out, this may not be the festival for you. This festival is for the true reggae fan who is devoted to the spread of live roots reggae, and keeping its heritage alive. This is not a festival for one singer and two tuntables, here we roots fans can count on making the journey to Angels Camp and know that people of all backrounds comeout to see reggae's originators, or "roots" as it is called today. Please put on some of your Spear or your Tosh, surely you have some, and really listen to the message, your mind just might open up a little more. One Love.

-Pete @Rootsman

Pete@Rootsman
HIGHPRAISE
March 07, 2005 08:53AM
Uuuuhhhh i cant remember..?? Oh yea, more roots less... WHATEVER!!!!!!
Nate
March 09, 2005 09:53AM
JAH BLESS YOU ROOTSMAN
March 09, 2005 04:27PM
dnacehall/club scene? why? I don't get it why does everyone take the personal responsibility out of the individuals hans and blame a "vibe" on the music? When people act crazy it is usually because of what? the Music? No, no, no it is the fermented beverages. Why is there no call for this to be a dry festival? Oh that is right, it might take away from the "vibe". Be reposible for yourself don't blame the music, that is the type of nonsense that Ashcroft engages (engaged, thank HIM) in. there is room for both. Everyone knows the Roots will be more prominent, but for a bunch of open minded people their isn't much reason being empl;oyed here, just a bunch of blanket statements about an entire "type" of music.
March 09, 2005 04:39PM
"No, no, no it is the fermented beverages" HA! A true.

"Why is there no call for this to be a dry festival" Dollars and pounds, my friend. They got to make the papers.
March 09, 2005 05:03PM
of course we know this and so now we realize that it isn't about the "vibe" cause the vibe is green and this green you don't burn. If there is a real intrest in keeping the vibe cool, then get rid of the booze. I will be pissed. But I know it will never happen.
jb welda
March 09, 2005 05:26PM
>"Why is there no call for this to be a dry festival" Dollars and pounds, my friend.
>They got to make the papers.

not so at all, in fact this year the alcohol concessions are not even under the control of the festival. but thats a red herring anyhow...most of the drunks get drunk from alcohol they bring from outside into the campground. and aint no one going to stop that. people want a beer. its down to personal responsibility: a beer is fine; getting wasted is not.

its funny how you guys talk about money but no one is getting rich. trust me on that one.

one love
jah bill
March 09, 2005 05:35PM
So waiting in long lines for the $10 20oz beers at the long beach bob marley day fest... and nobody made any money?

Maybe they don't make money on beer at SN, but that is not the norm.
jb welda
March 09, 2005 05:38PM
oh you were talking about elsewhere? i didnt realize that, i was speaking exclusively of snwmf.

that whole long beach business was a pure joke, glad i didnt waste my money and time. mir and gentleman would have been the only upsides for me. between the gestapo, the mess, the sound and the prices, i think visiting the zoo would have been a better choice.

one love
jah bill
March 09, 2005 05:46PM
Actually, SN is pretty good about the beer prices in comparison.

I don't feel SN is greedy or anything. Seems to be a trustworthy organization on the whole.
March 09, 2005 06:06PM
Anyone been to the Gorge? The most un hospitable venue in Iration. $10 cans of MGD and ZIMA that you can only drink in a beer garden that is hidden from the stage. The last time I was up there they were not allowing anyone to even drink beer in the camping section. This was Ben Harper/Jack Johnson a couple years ago. HORRIBLE. "Security" sneaking up on people making them pour out their drinks. I hear that has changed, but it will tkae some doing to get me back there. Love the view though
farifoundation
March 09, 2005 09:17PM
world music festival........ not strictly roots or dancehall or or even reggae.this will be i first time at this fest. i look forward to conscious music and people.

bless
April 01, 2006 04:54AM
with all respect to the legends on the line up. if i man wants to listen to them i can play a cd of them works that them will perform as always. its time for some curent newsand music from the generation of now. I wayne, fantan mojah, richie spice, antony b, niyora and so on. if a festival doesnt relise this fact them a colapse. MORE LIFE
April 01, 2006 08:16AM
Yes, I want some of both. Cuz I am young, and you are...much loved.
HIGHPRAISE
April 01, 2006 08:26AM
Stop it ...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login