SHOWTIME
May 13, 2013 08:53PM
if you advertise a reggae headliner in the Western United States at a venue with a 2am close and they do not come on before 1:15 am you have failed.. Stop doing this you are causing people to think that all reggae is done this way. that is all smiling smiley
Re: SHOWTIME
May 13, 2013 09:16PM
er been that way for over 20 years.. where have you been ?

let me clean that up a bit..

it depends on the venue and promoter.

belly up runs a tight ship.. so that shite is going to fly.

some back alley outfit, with some 20yo promoter, and the artist is going to have his way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 09:21PM by bigvein.
May 14, 2013 12:03AM
Ninja
if you advertise a reggae headliner in the Western United States at a venue with a 2am close and they do not come on before 1:15 am you have failed.. Stop doing this you are causing people to think that all reggae is done this way. that is all smiling smiley

Whilst I agree with this 100%, sometimes it gets tricky. Lets just say that shenagins happen, and dealing with that is the difference between a great promoter and a not so great promoter.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2013 12:05AM by DJ Treez.
May 14, 2013 04:07PM
In any club that closes at 2am the headliner need to hit the stage before midnight to get a full set. I personally try to get them on at 11:45.
May 14, 2013 04:12PM
Diesel
In any club that closes at 2am the headliner need to hit the stage before midnight to get a full set. I personally try to get them on at 11:45.

so how does this work? is it in the contract that the artist must take stage by a certain time ?

it seems these guys just get on stage whenever.. at least with the last mavado(5am) and beenie(2am) shows here in houston.

to stay up and stay amped for a 5am show.. you have to be lit on more substances than just two draw.
May 15, 2013 06:54PM
Yes all of my shows have a start time in the contract and length of show. An artists must fo fill the contact in full in order to be paid in full. If they get on stage late I simply deduct the amount from the settle out, but most managers want to be paid just before the artist hits the stage. This gives them a reason to be on time. Most of my shows at clubs/ bars have a contract start time of 11:30 but usually start just before midnight. I personaly have only had a few artists give me a hard time about the start time, but most of them agree and want a full set. If an artist didn't show up til 2am they wouldn't get to preform in town as Bars start to kick people out at 1:45.
Now opening acts are another story. It is so hard to get them to start on time. They always want to wait til latter to start. I simply tell them I don't care what time you start I only care what time you are done.
May 16, 2013 07:59PM
Diesel
I simply tell them I don't care what time you start I only care what time you are done.

HA! Well done
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login