Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF 2013 Presents - Gaudi

Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF 2013 Presents - Gaudi
May 14, 2013 02:43PM

Replacing Downbeat The Ruler on Friday Evening. Downbeat now performs on Saturday night.
Re: SNWMF 2013 Presents - Gaudi
May 14, 2013 02:50PM
What is Gaudi like? Is he a DJ ?? Artist?? I am not familiar with his music at all.
May 14, 2013 02:52PM
electronica...
May 14, 2013 03:59PM
I saw him do a set at Earthdance a few years ago...it was pretty dubby with a more electronic feel. Not sure how much he mixes the genres in his sets up
May 14, 2013 04:40PM
Redwood Rebel
I saw him do a set at Earthdance a few years ago...it was pretty dubby with a more electronic feel. Not sure how much he mixes the genres in his sets up

I'm Pretty Sure I caught that set as well and sure I've seen him play some where else also. Def. Some thing for the Electronic massive~>
I enjoyed Cheb I Sabah's Worldy Electro set back in Angels Camp<~ Nothing wrong with Bass Driven Music pon a Nice Bass Drive Sound!

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
May 14, 2013 04:55PM

I have enjoyed Gaudi's performances each of the 6 times I have watched him. No 2 sets were the same, and he definitely can rock a reggae vibe. He brings high energy and a great attitude. he loves his audiences. Expect a lot from him!
May 14, 2013 04:59PM
He also has 'great admiration' for Jah Shaka, so I'm hoping he comes with a reggae set, something that was sorely missing the one time I did see him.....
May 14, 2013 05:16PM
I am OK with this. He brings a heavy sound, with a twist. Nice option, I say.
May 14, 2013 06:13PM
the new release from GAUDI is a wikkid release...

[www.youtube.com]

Higher Reasoning Reggae Time, Ises Productions, Rebel Lion Music, KBOO Radio and Mt Tabor Theater
are presenting

GAUDI
w/Special Guests: INDUBIOUS and Higher Reasoning Sound
in Portland, OR on June 7, 2013.
@ The Alhambra Theatre (formerly Mt Tabor Theater)
4811 SE Hawthorne, PDX / 503-360-1450
9 pm, 21+ / Tickets on sale April 26, 2013

Tix are $13 adv / $16 at the door
online Tix: http://gaudipdx.brownpapertickets.com/
(officially on sale NOW)

$1 from each ticket sold will go directly to KBOO Community Radio (90.7 FM) here in Portland!

GAUDI's innovative approach to live performance and versatility as a producer has kept him at the forefront of his field throughout a notable and prolific career. His music is stylistically hard to pin down as he is an artist in constant evolution. His musical exploration, over the last 30 years in the industry, has however seen him foray into punk, new wave, dub and reggae, world, experimental electronica and 'stuff that rocks dance floors' He's a full time internationally touring solo artist, a studio producer in demand and a respected musical innovator. He's had chart hits, gold discs and awards & nominations for his work; he has released 12 solo albums, has more than 250 productions and 90 remixes to his name and his tracks are featured on more than 120 compilations... Gaudi's latest release In Between Times, releases May 14 and is described thusly; "...a deft blending of diverse genres and imaginative pairing of heavyweight collaborators. This is a skillfully produced and beautifully crafted album where the world of analogue electronica meets emotive vocals and virtuoso instrumentalists." The album features Mykal Rose amongst other luminaries of the diverse music world
http://www.gaudimusic.com/ ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaudi_(musician)

Indubious, from the Ashland, OR area is a 3 piece band comprised of bassist and lyricist Spencer 'SkipWicked' Burton, keyboardist and lyricist Evan 'Evton B' Burton and drummer/percussionist Matthew T. Wells. Indubious has built a large and loyal following of fans, affectionately named Indubians over the past few years with the positive messages in their music and impactful live shows. Indubious has been described as powerful, epic, and uplifting in not only sound and lyrics, but in pure energy and spirit in which they vibrantly project. Indubious has appeared locally and delighted Oregon audiences through the last few years; some highlights being their performances at Northwest World Reggae Festival in August 2012, and two sets at the Oregon Country fair (2012). Indubious also appeared at the 2 most well-known California reggae festivals in 2012, the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival and Reggae On The River. http://www.indubiousmusic.com/

>>> JUST ADDED >>> GYPSY ROOTS
GYPSY ROOTS. Striving toward alignment with the Rasta Way of life, mindset, and social movement, Gypsy Roots offers an authentic form of expression through dance. Gypsy Roots Reggae Fusion bellydance is our collective contribution to the art forms and cultures of Bellydance, Reggae, and the Rastafari Movement. Our purpose is above all to honor and elevate women and men in the spirit of LOVE and UNITY. http://gypsyrootsdance.wordpress.com/

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2013 12:50AM by Ras Danny.
May 14, 2013 06:19PM
album teaser... In Between Times

I listened to the full album... works for mi

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
May 14, 2013 07:26PM
GREAT!!! Like there not enough of the Dubstep Sound played all night in the camping area .. Now this guy ..
May 14, 2013 07:42PM
good to hear daniel... the only time I saw this guy I was outta there within 15 minutes
his trancey stuff he was calling dub was painful for me

Respect Same Way
AJ
May 15, 2013 03:02AM
Nice replacement. Something a little different. We'll for sure check Gaudi on Friday night.
May 15, 2013 04:48AM
Most reggae influenced electronic music dj. Borderline dub. Not dubstep really. He will fit right in, especially per hah shaka
May 15, 2013 07:49AM
I dont mean this in a bad way but I never thought Sierra Nevada would get a DJ like this, but it is a world music festival and the DJ/ Producers from the UK deserve some credit. From the sets Ive heard he has many styles. He plays some dope drum and bass and plays with some fun toys to keep the set interesting. I think this could be a great set and personally think it will be more interesting to watch than Stone Love.
May 15, 2013 10:41AM
MarleyLuv
GREAT!!! Like there not enough of the Dubstep Sound played all night in the camping area .. Now this guy ..

If you give him a listen pon the Tube, he's not really dubstep...The fact that he has "admiraiton" for Jah Shaka is a good sign. He definitely seems to have a reggae influence to his style
May 15, 2013 11:57AM
Adrain Sherwood from On U-Sound Records would have been nice too.. Hopefully next year..
May 15, 2013 11:58AM
MarleyLuv please tek a listen to dat album teaser I posted above... this music is a far cry from the dubstep that You seem to dislike...
personally, I like some dubstep/reggae collabs... some very nicely done stuff out there... being a radio programmer and having the chance to hear so much stuff from a wide variety of genre's, I find a lotta stuff I would throw in the dumpster before some of the dubstep I have heard!

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
May 15, 2013 02:58PM
KBOO Community radio Sponsors GAUDI 6/7 PDX

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
May 15, 2013 08:21PM
A welcome addition....and big crowd pleaser. True dub/electronica...no dubstep here.
May 16, 2013 10:40AM
cb_liveup
......True dub/electronica...

electronica does not belong inna boomville either...... sorry but that's for another festival...... not this one.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
May 16, 2013 11:22AM
I've wanted to see Gaudi for quite a while now. He is in high demand, and headlines a lot of these EDM festivals. But as stated above, he has other styles besides electronica, and does the reggae dub thing quite well. I think he's a nice addition.
May 17, 2013 12:27AM
Gaudi performance for SNWMF is a serious dubWize experience he dj's and dubs live thru delay and analog synth dub box some next level business, yes he does other sets of more EDM music but for this get ready for some real nice dubz. i have been on tour with him and was fully impressed by the creative and unique style he shares with people. and as mentioned above he does not repeat the same set twice. lots of yall be hating on dubstep music maybe with out not fully educating yourself about it all. more love same way, j

Glad to see Gaudi pon tha bill

BOOMVILLE
May 23, 2013 12:56AM

Higher Reasoning Reggae Time, Ises Productions, Rebel Lion Music, KBOO Radio and Mt Tabor Theater
are presenting

GAUDI
w/Special Guests: INDUBIOUS and Higher Reasoning Sound
in Portland, OR on June 7, 2013.
@ The Alhambra Theatre (formerly Mt Tabor Theater)
4811 SE Hawthorne, PDX / 503-360-1450
9 pm, 21+ / Tickets on sale April 26, 2013

Tix are $13 adv / $16 at the door
online Tix: http://gaudipdx.brownpapertickets.com/
(officially on sale NOW)

$1 from each ticket sold will go directly to KBOO Community Radio (90.7 FM) here in Portland!

GAUDI's innovative approach to live performance and versatility as a producer has kept him at the forefront of his field throughout a notable and prolific career. His music is stylistically hard to pin down as he is an artist in constant evolution. His musical exploration, over the last 30 years in the industry, has however seen him foray into punk, new wave, dub and reggae, world, experimental electronica and 'stuff that rocks dance floors' He's a full time internationally touring solo artist, a studio producer in demand and a respected musical innovator. He's had chart hits, gold discs and awards & nominations for his work; he has released 12 solo albums, has more than 250 productions and 90 remixes to his name and his tracks are featured on more than 120 compilations... Gaudi's latest release In Between Times, releases May 14 and is described thusly; "...a deft blending of diverse genres and imaginative pairing of heavyweight collaborators. This is a skillfully produced and beautifully crafted album where the world of analogue electronica meets emotive vocals and virtuoso instrumentalists." The album features Mykal Rose amongst other luminaries of the diverse music world
http://www.gaudimusic.com/ ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaudi_(musician)

Indubious, from the Ashland, OR area is a 3 piece band comprised of bassist and lyricist Spencer 'SkipWicked' Burton, keyboardist and lyricist Evan 'Evton B' Burton and drummer/percussionist Matthew T. Wells. Indubious has built a large and loyal following of fans, affectionately named Indubians over the past few years with the positive messages in their music and impactful live shows. Indubious has been described as powerful, epic, and uplifting in not only sound and lyrics, but in pure energy and spirit in which they vibrantly project. Indubious has appeared locally and delighted Oregon audiences through the last few years; some highlights being their performances at Northwest World Reggae Festival in August 2012, and two sets at the Oregon Country fair (2012). Indubious also appeared at the 2 most well-known California reggae festivals in 2012, the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival and Reggae On The River. http://www.indubiousmusic.com/

>>> JUST ADDED >>> GYPSY ROOTS
GYPSY ROOTS. Striving toward alignment with the Rasta Way of life, mindset, and social movement, Gypsy Roots offers an authentic form of expression through dance. Gypsy Roots Reggae Fusion bellydance is our collective contribution to the art forms and cultures of Bellydance, Reggae, and the Rastafari Movement. Our purpose is above all to honor and elevate women and men in the spirit of LOVE and UNITY. http://gypsyrootsdance.wordpress.com/

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
May 23, 2013 09:39AM
peaceloveandlight
.....lots of yall be hating on dubstep music maybe with out not fully educating yourself about it all.

or maybe we just really like reggae and don't really care what some other genre of music is doing.... kinda like no one around here really cares about polka.... at least not enough to think anyone else here wants to discuss it.....

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
May 23, 2013 03:16PM
Gaudi's show is really entertaining & fun, with good vibes - highly recommended!

On his new album he's got a KILLA cut with Mykal Rose...
May 23, 2013 03:48PM
Love that track with Rosé Fleximix. Big tune.
May 23, 2013 05:51PM
Big tune - definitely!

Gaudi has a lot of respect & reverence for dub/roots - his live presentation is more in an electronic kind of direction, I recommend checking it out & see what you all think.....the vibes will be good!
May 23, 2013 07:18PM
May 23, 2013 08:52PM
to my ears, the MR track is on the weaker side compared to a few other tracks on this release...

namely: Hurriya, Babylon Is Fallin', Crucial Data

jus my humble hearing...winking smiley

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
June 05, 2013 08:52PM
GAUDI meets Melting Pot at KBOO Community Radio inna i-view stylee! 6.4.13

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login