Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF in the news....

Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF in the news....
May 17, 2013 10:09AM
Obviously, these folks have never been to California let alone the festival.....

Summer Stages
Pop and Jazz Music
By STACEY ANDERSON
Published: May 17, 2013

SIERRA NEVADA WORLD MUSIC FESTIVAL Boonville, June 21-23. Proof positive that ecofriendly subcultures are sustainable, this reggae- and world music-centered bohemian enclave marks its 20th annual event. Not surprisingly, given its proximity to the dry plains of Burning Man, this event entices scores of bohemians from that experimental circle. The 2013 lineup boasts Damian Marley and Stephen Marley with Ghetto Youths Crew, K’naan, Marcia Griffiths, Alpha Blondy and the Solar System and more. Not surprisingly, tribal and rastafari homemade crafts also enjoy a booming cottage industry here. snwmf.com.

Original Source ~ The New York Times
Re: SNWMF in the news....
May 17, 2013 10:13AM
geography is obviously not her strong suit.....?! whoa. and please for the love of god keep the "experimental circle of burning man" types far far away......

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
May 17, 2013 10:25AM
WOW, yet again someone in the mainstream news proving yet again just how mainstream she really is. Elitist 'cutting edge' mainstream-excuse me while I vomit.

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
May 17, 2013 10:27AM
wow - i didn't realize snwmf was so like incredibly bohemian and tribalistic.
May 17, 2013 11:27AM
OMG. We bohemians are proof of eco friendly subcultures?
The 2 day drive to Gerlach is such an easy one from nearby Boonville.
The writer needs to visit the area and check out the local subculture. It is booming.

May 17, 2013 06:53PM
That's our good friend Lappy on the right. Ricky's long time friend from Negril. He had one of the first internet cafes on the beach, if not the first.
May 17, 2013 10:47PM
Haha! Terrible syntax, grammer, and inaccurate information to boot. Boonville is not even close to the Czech Republic... winking smiley
May 17, 2013 11:47PM
noticed the info in the article skipped right past Oregon...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
May 21, 2013 12:34AM
Rocky and Lappy!When I first met Lappy in Negril,when he had his craft shop before the beach accommodations,he would pick me up at Mobay airport barefoot so his feet would toughen!Loved when he came to the Bay Area,however shoe bound by then!He also had one of the first cell phones in Negril!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login