Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cannabis oil and cancer

Posted by bigvein 
cannabis oil and cancer
May 19, 2013 01:40PM
anyone have personal experience, whether yourself or a close relation ?

i have seen a majority of the you tube videos on the topic.. but wanted to reach out to the phorum for any personal stories.
Re: cannabis oil and cancer
May 19, 2013 02:44PM
What doesn't give you cancer these days?? After years of smoking oil I must be full of cancer if its true! Iam sure if you don't purge your oil long enough or correctly, or use bad solvent then iam sure you are smoking impurities that can cause cancer or other health problems.. Mine gets 8-16 hours in the vacuum chamber kept at 120*F .. Never had it lab tested but I know what bad oil taste like and I've never had any health problems from smoking mine.. Also never passed out.. I get more light headed and sleepy from doming a backwood blunt
May 19, 2013 02:50PM
to clarify the thing.. i am seeking experience from those who have used cannabis oil as a cure for cancer.
May 19, 2013 05:56PM
I work for the American Cancer Society and closely with researchers and medical oncologists. We are non-biased in our approach concerning cancer, however, we are known to be conservative and require science based evidence including the ability to reproduce any success before recommending it for treatment. Our concern is giving false hope to patients. We also hope some day there is some alternatives to the treatments available today. They are indeed horrible.

The big problem is the lack of funded research that could scientifically demonstrate the success of cannabis oil or anything else for that matter. There is no science based evidence that has been replicated in clinical settings to assure the success of cannabis oil. Hopefully, if there are more and more people saying they had results, more money will be directed towards a complete trial.

The other thing to consider, cancer is not ONE disease with one cure. Cancer is different depending on where it is and how far it has progressed. What cures prostate does not cure breast, etc.

ACS really tries to get the word out about preventative and low risk life choices. Preventing cancer is alot easier than curing. Although, it should be mentioned that alot of cancer is genetic. People with certain genetics have increased risks hence the reason for Angelique Joli's recent decision.
May 19, 2013 07:20PM
jeez louise, iriebarto, thanks for the laugh!

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
May 19, 2013 08:18PM
Sista Irie
I work for the American Cancer Society and closely with researchers and medical oncologists. We are non-biased in our approach concerning cancer, however, we are known to be conservative and require science based evidence including the ability to reproduce any success before recommending it for treatment. Our concern is giving false hope to patients. We also hope some day there is some alternatives to the treatments available today. They are indeed horrible.

The big problem is the lack of funded research that could scientifically demonstrate the success of cannabis oil or anything else for that matter. There is no science based evidence that has been replicated in clinical settings to assure the success of cannabis oil. Hopefully, if there are more and more people saying they had results, more money will be directed towards a complete trial.

The other thing to consider, cancer is not ONE disease with one cure. Cancer is different depending on where it is and how far it has progressed. What cures prostate does not cure breast, etc.

ACS really tries to get the word out about preventative and low risk life choices. Preventing cancer is alot easier than curing. Although, it should be mentioned that alot of cancer is genetic. People with certain genetics have increased risks hence the reason for Angelique Joli's recent decision.

thanks for the response and i appreciate your insight. i simply ask as it was mentioned on a radio show broadcasted from austin.. you can guess what show that is.. in any case, i was researching coconut oil as means to control blood sugar, sugar cravings, and weight loss.. as part of my search, results for 'cannabis oil remedies' were also returned.. this piqued my interest and as i started to watch videos and read up on it, i figured i would ask you all for first hand accounts.
May 19, 2013 08:26PM
I do. I have been making oil for sometime as an ingestible. I have recently acquired some high CBD / lower THC product that tested at approximately 14% CBD / 7% THC. I am injecting it into gelatin based capsules at approximately a rice grain size per capsule. I am hoping it will help with my daily, chronic migraines. From the get go, I have decided that I will not give an assessment either way for 2 months...I am a month in at this point.

However, for cancer, there is no doubt in my mind that Cannabis, as is turning into the case as more and more testing and research comes in, it is almost indisputably that either THC, CBD, or (as I believe) a combination of the two (and perhaps other cannabinoids) at a bare minimum, slows the growth of tumors and cancerous cells. The UK, Israel, and many other countries are aggressively studying the potential benefits of this plant. Unfortunately, in the USA (the supposed leader in science and tech) permission for research is extremely limited, at best, and is simply sick and wrong. I know, I know (big Pharma...not gonna get into it here), but the vast majority of our pharmaceutical products are either derived or synthesized from plants (coca, poppy, etc, etc). But how dare we even allow our universities, doctors, and scientists to study this one, individual plant that Nixon and so many others demonized decades ago??? No way, because it has Schedule I classification. It is simply all about the machine being fueled with dollars from Big Pharma, For profit prison systems, law enforcement, incarceration and fines, prison jobs, court jobs, counsel jobs, etc. etc that must keep afloat in these desperate economic times.

Off my soapbox now.

Aside from my usage mentioned above, I can also share the experience of my wife, whose has family history (mother and brother) of getting melanomas. When I first started making oil sometime ago, her dermatologist noted three areas of concern on her body....two on her legs, and one on her chest. We applied oil to the sites over approximately 3 weeks and all of the areas of concern cleared up. I am not bull $ hitting here. I saw it with my own eyes. Since that time, we have noticed two more areas pop up and the results of the oil were the same. Her dermatologist was not aware of the oil usage, but noted a "remarkable" turnaround during the time period. NOTHING WAS USED OTHER THAN THE OIL.

I also just sent a six week supply of CBD/THC oil capsules to one of my best friends whose father is in the cancer clinic with bone cancer. I hope what I provided will help him. Unfortunately, for those who are already weak and beaten down from the cancer itself and the chemo, it may be too late. Cannabis can help, I believe that, but it is not a miracle drug, nor is any other. If detected early on, I truly believe cannabis oil can reverse and destroy the growth of cancer. I do not believe that smoking it has nearly the effect that ingestion does. I am hoping for the very best for my friend's dad, but they caught his late and his already weak, frail body has now had to endure 2 sessions of chemo. If the oil cannot stop the progression or turn it around, perhaps it can, at least provide him with some pain relief...especially with the high CBD which has shown high anti-inflammatory potential.

My best to any and all who are suffering, whether it is you, a family member, or a friend....blessings for a peaceful and painless life.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2013 07:55PM by jcom.
May 19, 2013 10:17PM
Lol my bad.. Iam not sure I believe it cures cancer, but I have high hopes
May 20, 2013 08:44AM
I have heard around 10 personal accounts of healing with cannabis oil including a friend's daughter who had serious brain cancer, family had tried everything else including chemo and her condition was getting worse. He finally heard about and tried cannabis oil (based on Rick Simpson's recipe/ suggestions) and my friend believes it's use is the main reason his daughter's condition reversed course, she is now in remission, tests show no cancer. He had to hide this treatment (for obvious legal reasons) from the hospital staff taking care of her who were surprised at her "amazing" recovery.

The main reason this is not being researched/used more in USA is the same reason cannabis was made illegal in USA in the first place- it can't be patented and anyone can grow the most useful plant on earth (over 1000 uses!), which is not good business for chemical/ pharmaceutical companies or our military/ industrial complex in general. There is no reason more patients should not be trying this, no reason to give anyone false hope either, just let them try using this plant that is well established as safe in humans. We are talking about people drinking an oil made from a plant we've used for thousands of years versus irradiating the body, which is well established as dangerous (giving chemo to a healthy person can kill them.)

The healing system of the human body includes endocannabinoid systems and this oil seems to have general healing properties and various positive immune effects: Endocannabinoid system (wikipedia)
Immune function [edit]
Evidence suggests that endocannabinoids may function as both neuromodulators and immunomodulators in the immune system. Here, they seem to serve an autoprotective role to ameliorate muscle spasms, inflammation, and other symptoms of multiple sclerosis and skeletal muscle spasms.[1] Functionally, the activation of cannabinoid receptors has been demonstrated to play a role in the activation of GTPases in macrophages, neutrophils, and BM cells. These receptors have also been implicated in the proper migration of B cells into the marginal zone (MZ) and the regulation of healthy IgM levels.[36] Interestingly, some disorders seem to trigger an upregulation of cannabinoid receptors selectively in cells or tissues related to symptom relief and inhibition of disease progression, such as in that rodent neuropathic pain model, where receptors are increased in the spinal cord microglia, dorsal root ganglion, and thalmic neurons.[9]

My grandfather had stomach cancer and went through chemotherapy, which he felt afterward seemed to be doing more to harm than helping him and ruined his quality of life. He quit chemo and went with natural supplements for the last year or so of his life, got some quality back. It is hard to know if cancer killed him, the chemo, or both. He was convinced that cancer is mostly a man made disease after researching his and others' conditions.

From a profit standpoint there is no incentive to research affordable, plant-based medicine unless it can be patented and made into expensive end products. Looking at things on another level, some of the most powerful companies that produce and sell carcinogenic chemicals also (conveniently) produce chemicals used to treat the illnesses linked with their other products. The chemical company DuPont (now merged with Merck) funded/ promoted the "reefer madness" scare campaign that got cannabis prohibition started in USA and they now profit from patents and sales of synthetic chemicals used in current cancer treatment options.

Some side effects of cannabis oil treatment include increased appetite, pain reduction, euphoria, laughter and relaxation, all of which can be positive things for someone with cancer. Some people who have used this oil said it makes them uncomfortably high, worst side effect I have heard of. That is my rant about this topic, thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a great time at SNWMF this year!
May 20, 2013 12:28PM
As pointed out there is no money allowed for the research .. Why?? Hmmm maybe because they are scared it works??

I would say its more likely to slow down the cancer.. Patients are able to eat, sleep, reduce stress, etc.. Those things your body needs, and things that patients suffer from.. Which can only make things worse.. Iam no doctor just my opinion
May 20, 2013 01:46PM
Hempseed oil is a nice lubricantwinking smiley

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
May 20, 2013 01:49PM
It's nice and nice for you
May 20, 2013 02:47PM
My lady, who does not smoke, took CBD tincture for 6 months and it cleared up what looked like black lung. She still has asthma but it is way less severe than years past and when it was really bad the CBD tincture gave her immediate relief.
May 20, 2013 04:10PM
iriebarto
As pointed out there is no money allowed for the research .. Why?? Hmmm maybe because they are scared it works??

Why yes, in fact - that is why, at least here in the US. Our politically fueled "war on drugs" resulted in the NIDA having a stranglehold on testing marijuana. Somehow, the government decided that only they can authorize marijuana for FDA approved research, and they straight up refuse to authorize it for anyone not following their skewed agenda. They have even published results that have been proven to be bogus. At the same time - they are working with companies to make synthetic cannabinoids, so they know there are medicinal benefits! The key is that they want to be in control so they can make money off of it. They don't want folks to use backyard remedies because they don't make a profit. Evil bastards

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
May 20, 2013 06:31PM
Hempseed oil is a nice salad dressing component and full of nice essential fatty acids too Papa Ken. Hemp is considered by many to be the most nutritious edible seed on the planet with best fatty acid ratios. Also, it made my shoes, it made my pants, your turban, rope etc just listen to some reggae and you will hear all about the benefits of this herb smiling smiley
May 30, 2013 04:57PM
I am Kennedy Jackson, from Alabama. Since the Year 2001, life has been up and down for me and my precious Wife Trina. I had Colon Cancer and my wife Trina has Ovarian cancer, this diseases has been with us for the past 12 years, we undergo Chemo and Radiation just once and we were advise by the Doctor not to go for more Chemo and Radiation. Lucky for us, we heard about Rick Simpson Oil which so many people have testified to have cure their cancer within some period of time. Got connected with a lot of people and was then recommended to Dr. Bobby for procurement of Hemp Oil medication. It is with Great joy from my heart and that of my wife that we want to inform you all that my colon cancer and my wife Trina Ovarian cancer has been cured within the Treatment period of 4 months. We got our medication from Dr. Bobby who was recommended to us by several people that cannabis oil from him, so also am recommending you all to procure you Rick Simpson cannabis oil from him, contact:bayfordmedicalservice@gmail.com, we are now a happy family with total unity and love in us. don't allow this diseases to ruin the joy of your life, Hemp oil is the Best medication ever and i was opportune to meet Dr. Bobby and Rick Simpson in Person: get your Cannabis Medication now and start healing yourself, contact Dr. bobby once more on: bayfordmedicalservice@gmail.com
Thanks to you Dr. Bobby and Rick Simpson for all the help that was rendered to me and my jewel family.
Dr. Bobby in conjunction with Rick Simpson Saved my family. Thanks, so many Thanks to you both, gratitude is indeed in my heart.
Thanks. Best Regards, Kennedy Jackson
May 30, 2013 05:44PM
A little off topic but I am a type 1 diabetic (latant adult onset/LADA) and have been experimenting on myself with high CBD content after reading about the potential for prolonging Beta cell function of the pancreas. we'll see how long my "honeymoon" lasts . . . been over a year so far
May 31, 2013 06:37AM
BTW this is a California conversation......possibly including Colorado and Washington.
My advice to the rest, move out of the MEDIEVAL blue state you live in.....Sorry peeps you are not a part of the conversation because you are still under PROHIBITION.
May 31, 2013 10:00AM
Yeah cuz it's more legal in California than it is in Oregon?? Did I miss something?? There's lik 13 states that allow medical marijuana.. Washington and Colorado have one up on California and the rest of the mmj states
June 06, 2013 03:59AM
also lets realize that the oil that iriebarto and rso are two different things...although with the method that iriebarto is using, id be down for a dab or two any day and i really dont mess w the bho and co2 types of oil much due to high levels of impurities in MOST that i come across...traditional rso does not get you "high" like some might imagine, esp if you are ingesting it, unless you are using high-thc products. irie's im sure will DEF take you places psychologically you might never have been before. medically though, it would work more like a product high in thc would work medically. w rso you are looking for cbd while for bho and co2 im pretty sure thc is top priority. people definitely use rick simpson's method for thc though. otherwise, it really comes down to thc vs cbd and butane/co2 vs. iso and what you are aiming for medically i guess...correct me if im wrong as i only medicate with the products and make neither (always tryin to learn more). either way, i believe both to have medicinal benefits, just depends on what you are lookin for.
June 06, 2013 09:38AM
I hear you, but I've also seen high Cbd wax a few times .. And also have had someone give me an iso that was made for smoking.. And I think it was also a high Cbd but also had good thc in it.. Thc for meditation Cbd for medication..

Dude I work with gave me some wax the other day and it was horrible!! Might as well inhaled a lung full of butane!! If you don't know how to purge, don't mess with it!! Make bubble or iso

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2013 09:44AM by iriebarto.
June 06, 2013 10:45AM
I don't really know a thing about wax and erl--I had to google it to get a better feel for it. sounds nasty comared to smoking some nice fragrant flowers. to each their own I guess.

that said, no sooner do I learn a little about this stuff I had never even heard of before, when I learn that my co-workers boyfriend has been in a butane explosion (from doing this w/a friend for the very FIRST time) last week. his friend has burns on 25% and will eventually be fine; my co-workers boyfriend was not so lucky. he has severe burns on 90% of his body and is in a coma; it is likely that he will not live.

I just wonder, is the high really worth this sort of risk? i'm so glad I love my herbs and that smoking and vaporizing is fine by me! serious thing.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
June 06, 2013 11:59AM
I've made well over a 100 batches since 02.. Common sense would tell a person to make it outdoors or like me indoors in a WELL ventilated area, windows open and fan on... And don't smoke around it for gods sake!! Iam still here burn free and healthy!

That said iam sorry to hear about those injured
June 25, 2013 04:09PM
Never give up on treating your cancer for there is a cure and my wife was once a cancer patient, am Joe living in the us. Two years ago my wife suffered from kidney cancer and the doctor told us that nothing could be done, I was so frustrated and the thought of loosing my wife was so unbearable that I lost all hope.

One faithful day my daughter told me that she had found a cure for cancer and she found it on the internet, she ask me to watch Rick Simpson's video with her. Although i didn't believe her I watched it anyway just to please her and after watching it I discovered that it brought my hope back and i wanted to give it a try.

I and my daughter started searching for legitimate source that could provide the Rick Simpson's hemp oil that would cure my wife. We read a lot of testimonies online of how a lot of doctors has helped a lot of patients cured their cancer with hemp oil and it was on one of this sites we found Dr. George, we contacted him Via his Email contacthospital_eastern.george@yahoo.com which we found in the testimony we read about him.

Dr. George's hemp oil is the best ever, I followed his instruction and now my wife is healthy and I am so excited.

Thanks to Dr George for helping my wife cure her cancer with his hemp oil and for also making life worth living once again.
August 16, 2013 01:41PM
Jcom how is the gentleman with the bone cancer, did it help at all? The reason I ask is I have a friend with bone cancer he has been given only 3 months to live he is very ill, and there is virtually nothing about cannabis oil and bone cancer. Any details you can impart would be greatly appreciated
August 16, 2013 06:08PM
I'm down with coconut oil, good for all sorts of things internal (food) and external (ashy elbows).
August 18, 2013 02:01PM
Oligos I can tell you what's not going to help.. Pharmaceuticals!! And with so many claims of canabis reversing cancer cells and what have you, I don't think there is much to lose.. When my mom got cancer she was waiting for a liver and in order to be on the list for the liver she was not allowed to use her medical cannabis or smoke or drink or anything .. And she did completely.. Well she never got her liver and the cancer got worse very fast.. She went from looking normal too very sick over the month before she died.. RIP Gloria
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login