Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Songbird Riddim OUT NOW - Zion I Kings Riddim Series

Posted by igrade 
Songbird Riddim OUT NOW - Zion I Kings Riddim Series
May 21, 2013 02:51PM
Songbird on iTunes

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(May 21, 2013, St. Croix, VI) I Grade Records has released the Songbird Riddim album - the first installment of the Zion I Kings Riddim Series - featuring a massive lineup of 16 conscious reggae artists from the Virgin Islands, Jamaica and the US.

Highlighting the riddim of are several of the brightest lights in the respected VI roots reggae movement, including Midnite, Pressure, Niyorah, Ras Batch, Danny I and Junior P. Also featured are three of Jamaica’s finest: Lutan Fyah, Glen Washington, and buzz-worthy newcomer, Jah9. Brooklyn’s very own (by way of Guyana), Jahdan Blakkamoore, is represented, hot off of the heels of his many collaborations on Snoop Lion’s Reincarnated album. Guitar maestro Tuff Lion’s emotive playing in on display with an instrumental version that conjures the feel of his classic album on I Grade, Ten Strings.

Zion I Kings is a production collective of three producers/labels: Zion High Productions, I Grade Records, and Lustre Kings Productions. On the Songbird Riddim, Tippy I of I Grade and Jah David of Zion High crafted the soulful and melodic composition with an excellent line up of players, including Craig Taylor (drummer for Julian Marley), Tuff Lion, Steve Katz of St. Croix, Jazzique of Nevis. Balboa Becker and Daniel Casares of Celebrity Hornz provides the unforgettable and soulful horn playing. Zion I Kings has several “Riddims Series” releases planned, including the upcoming Jah Warriah Riddim – to be released on Zion High Productions this summer.

Some standout tracks on the Songbird include Lutan Fyah’s self-esteem anthem, “She’s Got Soul” – which will be the first single off of his upcoming album on I Grade Records, Music Never Dies, set for a summer 2013 release. Pressure Buss Pipe, who also has an album in the works with I Grade Records, brings an emotive tribute to the resiliency of his people with “The Rain.” Vaughn Benjamin of Midnite sends forth a powerful lyrical and vocal missive with “A New Overstanding”. St. Thomas’ Niyorah delivers an epic anti-war anthem with “War is Not the Answer”. Jamaica’s Jah9 offers a stirring look at the “Tension” felt by the millions of people under the siege and pressure of the present time.

The track listing for the album is as follows:

1. She's Got Soul - Lutan Fyah
2. The Rain - Pressure
3. So Beautiful - Ras Batch
4. I Know - Danny I
5. Bumpy Ride - Glen Washington
6. War is Not the Answer - NiyoRah
7. Best in Life - Jahdan Blakkamoore
8. A New Overstanding - Midnite
9. Tension - Jah9
10. Times Ah Get Hard - Junior P
11. The Power of Love - Misael
12. Don't Let Go - Shay
13. Holding onto Freedom - Dushane
14. JAH Preserve - Reemah
15. Call on JAH Name - Duane Stephenson
16. Birds of Praise - Tuff Lion
Re: Songbird Riddim OUT NOW - Zion I Kings Riddim Series
May 21, 2013 04:05PM
May 22, 2013 09:46AM
Really digging the Jahdan and Duane Stephenson licks. Keep up the good works
May 23, 2013 10:26PM
Big new single by Jah9 off of the Songbird - ifficially released on May 23 - the anniversary of the Tivoli Gardens Massacre that inspired the song. Check it!

Tension Soundcloud
May 23, 2013 11:35PM
hail tippy nice innerview w/ tobin tonite on militant inification radio*
more strength & prosperity allways lord guidance~
May 24, 2013 10:17AM
I to loved the interview. Big up to VidbyBill for telling me about it! One of thee NW premiere tapers. What he does for reggae music is amazing.

Tippy I am so stoked for this album. Headed over to VIROOTS.com now. Big up IGRADE! Cant wait for the Lutan Fyah album
jps
May 27, 2013 06:24PM
Got my copy in the mail the other day and it's been getting plenty of play over the weekend. Just like the Joyful Noise comp a few years back, I love the mix of artists on display for this album.

The Lutan track is amazing....cannot wait for the full length due out soon, and really loving the Junior P and Danny I tracks.

Anyone have a link to the interview you all mentioned?
June 18, 2013 01:26PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login