Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marley music in commercial

Posted by akee123 
Marley music in commercial
May 25, 2013 11:08PM
Somewhat painful to hear Bob's "Three Little Birds" music being used in new Hyundai commercial. The idea being not to worry about the car breaking down.

Who actually makes these decisions for the family? Rita? Ziggy?
Re: Marley music in commercial
May 26, 2013 12:12AM
Saw that commercial the other day. Kind of sad to say the least, but still more tasteful that selling alchohol IMO...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2013 12:13AM by east bay herbalist.
May 26, 2013 11:45AM
May 26, 2013 02:09PM

Somewhat painful to hear Bob's "Three Little Birds" music being used in new Hyundai commercial.

To me it's kind of ironic hearing people complain about the commercialization of this tune because, when this song was released some 30+ years ago, I was complaining about the song as being a 'commercialization' of Bob Marley....
May 26, 2013 04:27PM
When I was a kid I played Marley on the turntable for my dads Vietnam vet/hippie friends who were of course already familiar. The discussion was of course political and when I pulled a selection from the album Kaya the consensus was that it was sellout crap. Kind of harsh in my book but if you hold a strict criteria I could see the disappointment. Needless to say people have been upset with Bob during his lifetime and his family after his passing.
I for one don't blame Stephen or Damian, I think they are blessed and I look forward to seeing them both.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login