Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chronixx???

Posted by tahoearmada 
Chronixx???
May 28, 2013 06:32PM
Will he be at ROTR???

I got an message saying all US dates are on hold til his papers get sorted... He missed Best of The Best this weekend and will definitely not make any of the east coast shows scheduled next week...

hopefully this gets sorted soon, if not I have a feeling his dub price might be going down

Respect Same Way
Re: Chronixx???
May 29, 2013 09:00AM
He was taken off NWWRF which is the weekend after ROTR.
May 29, 2013 09:08AM
UGH! Well that suuuuucks!thumbs down
May 29, 2013 09:49AM
Oh no! No bueno! I was looking forward to seeing him the most!
May 29, 2013 10:10AM
He had to cancel NW festival on good terms because he got invited to headline at Sumfest in Jamaica which NW festival understood & was supportive of. Still planning to be at Reggae on the River.
May 29, 2013 10:19AM
Great news Blessedcoast. Really hope he will be there cause he is the one I was looking forward to seeing most as well.
May 29, 2013 10:50AM
Yeah I understand why he choose sumfest over northwest but it still sucks!! I was really looking forward to chronixx and might just skip the festival now since I can't even make it till Saturday .. Id miss brown and blakkamore on Friday anyway..
May 29, 2013 11:08AM
Just yesterday from ROTR folks:

"Chronixx who is making his exclusive and first ever west coast appearance at Reggae on the River, this will be the only opportunity for west coast fans to catch him this year."

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
May 29, 2013 11:44AM
Tarrus....I Octane.... Chronixx...

this is as mild as I can be... no one should be let out of any contract at NWWRF going forward. I understand that it is great for Chronixx and all, but you have been selling tickets with him on the bill. Lineup subject to change? Sure, but if every year the act that is producing the most "heat" so to speak is let out of their deal so that they can go make more money/exposure some where else who is losing here? No debate necessary as a ticket paying customer though I will tell you that I am seeing a pattern here.

Having said that... Jahdan Blakkamoore, Raging Fyah, Kabaka Pyramid, Third World is enough to get me out the door.... Blessed Coast, Hustle, Zion Gate, Ital etc.... no complaints on this end.

Big Up YT... you know you run it fi years!
May 29, 2013 11:53AM
Chronixx was definitely a seller for me... If I can make it for both days then well pack up the fam damnly.. But it's not one that I have to make happen now
May 29, 2013 03:35PM
From chronixx's Facebook .
[www.facebook.com]
May 29, 2013 04:51PM
May 29, 2013 06:36PM
Haile Bless
[www.iriefm.net]
wow.
May 30, 2013 03:59PM
Get the final word, check with King Ivier.
May 31, 2013 06:50AM
tahoearmada
if not I have a feeling his dub price might be going down

You didn't cut him last year when he was only 100 bux a tune???
May 31, 2013 10:01AM
You mean before he blew up huge
May 31, 2013 10:17AM
there is a strange force at work. I shall answer with a question.

Why does failure require so much explaining? I mean this in a greater sense. IF you don't have a good reggae scene the reason is because you have failed to produce one. IF you advertise an artist as a promoter and they don't show, you have failed to deliver. As an artist if you are supposed to be somewhere and you don't show you have failed. This is really simple. We all take risks in this, but when i hear SO MANY EXCUSES from all kinds of people for why things are "less than" it makes my head hurt. I will ask you this... Is there another genre of music that offers so many excuses for why it has failed to take the next step toward being wide ranging professionalism?
June 02, 2013 09:13PM
Ninja, you are so right. Reggae is the only genre of music that when I buy a ticket, I am 50 % certain that the show will happen. Fifty present is f...ing weak!!!!
June 02, 2013 09:41PM
Haha I'd say 75% around here.. But we don't get as much either
June 12, 2013 04:18PM
Interestingly enough, he is still listed on the ROTR line up. I asked about it and they said he should be announcing soon that he has his visa in order and will make it. Stay tuned......

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login