Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RIP Eric Morton AKA Redlocks ;(

RIP Eric Morton AKA Redlocks ;(
June 06, 2013 05:43PM
Got the news this morning that Redlocks, bassie for Rebel Rockers, passed away after a long battle of health challenges. He was a huge influence to me both as a musician and as a human being. Rebel Rockers were among the first musicians from Laguna Beach to play reggae in the early 80's, and their sound actually took them to perform and record in Jamaica. Redz enthusiasm for playing bass would litterally leave him in a trance on stage, and his passion for kung fu and various other martial arts would sometimes take over his movements while performing. If you ever called his phone and went to voicemail, you'd get Redz saying "yaaaaaaa mon ponder this" - and then he'd leave you a great peace of eastern knowledge to wrap your head around. Then he'd say "gwan iyah!" Love ya Redz. Gwan Iyah!!!!!!!!!!!
AJ
Re: RIP Eric Morton AKA Redlocks ;(
June 07, 2013 10:49AM
I saw the Rebel Rockers many times from 82' to 88' while I lived in L.A. I will always remember their set at the "Catalina Island Reggae Fest." in 86'. They had the whole island skanking. Thanks for the good times.
RIP Redlocks
June 07, 2013 08:34PM
Wow. Rest in Peace.
June 07, 2013 10:50PM
wow, mi bredrin!
long conversations between us back inna prison yard at Sheridan Federal Prison Camp, mid 90's...
while I did make contact through the interweb since then, we never got to embrace since those days..

respect and love bredin! RIP

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
June 07, 2013 11:55PM

R.I.P. Longtime fellow friend,Laguna Beach's fantastic bassist Eric "Redz Man" Morton.You've always treated this professional east Los Angeles lifelong guitarist with love,laughter+respect and I am blessed to have worked,played music with you Redz Man throughout the years in Orange County.May God protect,and keep your soul until the end of time Mr.Morton.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login