Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did u pack yet ??

Posted by Tarzan 
Did u pack yet ??
June 08, 2013 04:36AM
I start checking my camping gear today and I also made a list for things to take . lol . So what about u ?? .Share it and build up the excitement , after all we waited for whole one year. lol
Peace N love.
Re: Did u pack yet ??
June 08, 2013 04:46AM
Can't believe it's been a year already, wow time flies! I start packing the night before...lol...if it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done eye popping smiley
June 08, 2013 02:48PM
I have everything out of storage and will check inventory today with wifey and make our list of what we need. Got to be there early Friday to get on the baseball field and reason with my snwmf family. I can't wait!
June 08, 2013 03:12PM
packin' at least one daily here boss.
June 08, 2013 04:28PM
I had my camping gear out of storage last week, tent, canopy, chairs, stove, table, sleeping bags. Check check check. I still need to check my utensils (pot, pan, spatula,forks ext.ext.....) I'm holding off on the grocery shopping but I am working on the menu. My 5 year old is already working her list too. See you all there. BIG UP REGGAE MASSIVE.
June 10, 2013 12:41AM
This year I will cook only breakfast and buy food inside the event. Is the food expensive???

Thanks.
June 10, 2013 12:58AM
My recollection is that it is pretty reasonable, can go easy with a light lunch $6 to $8 & full up with a special combo (plantains r a must) for abit more for dinner. The Ethiopian food is highly recommended same with the JA culinary arts represented in fine style indeed @ Stone's impossible to miss as they r usually set up by the dancehall with spicy scents & good vibes a aplenty...
June 10, 2013 01:54AM
Tarzan
This year I will cook only breakfast and buy food inside the event. Is the food expensive???

Thanks.
That is how I've been doing it for the last few years. The food is always consistently delicious, varied for most moods and flavored and quite affordable. As the above poster said, stones and Ethiopian can not be missed but also the pizza is really good to an for the sweet tooth they have frozen fruit dipped in chocolate on skewers. I also love the non alcoholic drinks and the lagunitas. Yum!
I make breakfast and pack a lot of snacks and drinks to bring. I stay in family camp so it is not a far walk for refills to cut down on my food budget. Enjoy!
June 10, 2013 02:20AM
Thanks guys for the information .thumbs up
June 10, 2013 04:26PM
Tarzan

Thanks.

That is what I always do Tarzan! I plan on $10-12 a meal. I eat breakfast at camp and then for a late lunch I enjoy buying food from the vendors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2013 05:13PM by rossta8888.
June 10, 2013 04:33PM
Might start pulling out the tent and sleeping bags to air them out today....getting excited now, its getting sooo close.

As for food. I like to bring lots of fruit, water and trail mixes to keep the energy up during the days and buy dinner at the festy.....
June 10, 2013 04:37PM
Cool ideas! It's my first time camping.....I plan to BBQ some ribs Friday after I set up....got grill for BBQ and cook top for breakfast! I also love stones so I will do a couple of lunches inside ....hadn't decided on canopy yet.....but you guys made up my mind! Canopy shopping next!....whoooo can't wait!
June 10, 2013 04:56PM
Don't forget to pack some canned goods for our food drive. Earn yourself some raffle tickets for some great prizes!
and sunscreen...wear sunscreen
June 10, 2013 06:53PM
Yes!!! I get way too excited towards the end of may, so I just have to start packing early! Got our checklist together as well to make sure we don't forget anything when we leave smiling smiley This week is the last full week until the festival! Wooooo! smiling bouncing smiley
June 11, 2013 12:09AM
@Chris , check list is here [snwmf.com]
June 12, 2013 01:29AM
Canopy is essiantial or Saturday @ the valley stage. Ribs sounds awesome, we are doing carnita tacos. However rules are no charcoal grills, FYI.
June 12, 2013 03:52AM
Any suggestions on driving in from san fran airport? Anything ws should know?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login