Protoje??
June 11, 2013 01:02AM
Is protoje still going to be performing this year @snwmf
Re: Protoje??
June 11, 2013 02:04AM
Don't believe he's making the tour.
June 11, 2013 02:13AM
Haven't heard anything about a cancellation. Of his tour or SNWMF.
June 11, 2013 02:29AM
YES. Protoje WILL be at SNWMF 2013.

The word from Protoje's management is:

"The work visas for Protoje and all members of The Indiggnation have already been approved by the USCIS.
They all have appointments to go to JA embassy in Kingston to have visas stamped in their passports, and will definitely be able to arrive in San Francisco prior to SNWMF.
Their flights are already booked."
June 11, 2013 02:35AM
Well they have an extra week for that so I hope he can make the fest...I just know that he's been removed from the bill up here in Seattle for this coming Saturdays show.
June 11, 2013 02:46AM
Thank Daniel
June 11, 2013 01:56PM
Daniel

"The work visas for Protoje and all members of The Indiggnation have already been approved by the USCIS.
They all have appointments to go to JA embassy in Kingston to have visas stamped in their passports, and will definitely be able to arrive in San Francisco prior to SNWMF.

protoje comes from a very business minded background... professionals...

i dont see him missing a date because of the 'soon come' mentality.
June 11, 2013 05:01PM
bigvein
Daniel

Well he is missing at least one date with this Saturdays cancellation here in Seattle...
June 11, 2013 05:06PM
spliffp
bigvein
Daniel

Well he is missing at least one date with this Saturdays cancellation here in Seattle...

there is a difference between handling business, and the process taking time.
then there is not handling business, not getting paperwork done simply due to laziness or because the meds were burning too good at the time.

i see protoje falling into #1... many other artists are #2.
June 11, 2013 06:07PM
bigvein
many other artists are #2.
Truer words have never been spoken.
June 11, 2013 08:11PM
Well he is missing at least one date with this Saturdays cancellation here in Seattle...[/quote]

From my understanding he is also missing friday night in Portland. I am really hoping that he will be at SNWMF.
June 11, 2013 08:57PM
Protoge will also be in the building at Bless Up 10 Year Annivesary with Gappy Ranks on June 25th!

@ the Milk Bar - Bless Up!!!!!
June 11, 2013 09:00PM
Cool, heart skipped a beat for a second there.
June 14, 2013 04:51PM
GREETINGS all fans of SNWMF. Be sure to come out for Protoje on June 22 as he brings you music from his heart.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2013 04:55PM by lloydstanbury.
June 14, 2013 04:52PM
June 14, 2013 05:04PM
im excited
June 14, 2013 11:21PM
any definitive word on whether or not he is performing tonight in portland? I've emailed the promoters not long ago but haven't heard back just yet...

m.

* [www.shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
June 15, 2013 12:14AM
I can say he definately won't be up here in Seattle tomorrow...They took him off the bill early in the week. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from Blessed Coast or Ninja regarding the whole ting. Really hopeing to see him next week!!
June 15, 2013 04:26AM
The only 'definitive' thing I know is that Protoje WILL be at SNWMF in a week...!
June 15, 2013 04:34AM
That's all I wana hear at this point!!! Thx Daniel
June 16, 2013 03:55AM
Yes I can't wait
June 17, 2013 05:43PM
Hey Mosquito... I need to give you my email. We tried to change our flyers at the last minute... we also tried to let everyone know on Facebook etc. We didn't get the cancellation until late on Sunday eve or we would have shouted louder. JUST SO EVERYONE IS AWARE, we did have to cancel Portland and Ashland as well.

Basically what happened is that I got the call on Sunday night that he wouldn't be able to make it on Friday (last week). At that point really your options are limited. Our show was a benefit concert for HELP Jamaica that was not for us to personally profit. We had several people who were dissapointed, as was I. I just don't know what you do with less than one weeks notice. You basically have to spend the last week trying to repair as opposed to the final promo etc. As I told Blessed Coast, it is what it is. At this point there was little to nothing we could do other than offer to give people a portion of their money back if they had paid for a pre sale ticket which we did. We also refunded some loot to people who bought tickets that day at the door but didn't see the multiple signs stating that Protoje had cancelled. PERSONALLY I don't get asking for money back to a chairty show but hey that is just me. I also have been on the other end of this MANY times and I know that to the fans who buy tickets it is nothing other than failure. So we take it and move on trying to do our best to create a sustainable market for these artist to work in while at the same time doing it for the RIGHT reasons which are helping the youth that are the future of this music!
June 17, 2013 08:33PM
I couldnt make the drive from Bend Ninja, but I heard that Gappy Ranks and the Rising Buffalo Tribe put on amazing performances. Thanks for all your hard work.
June 18, 2013 09:15PM
yes they did... I understand my friend.... GAPPY w/ BOBBY HUSTLE THURSDAY NIGHT FOR ANYONE HEADING SOUTH TO SNWMF!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login