Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Timer Here.. I have a couple questions

Posted by Vicki1Lynn 
First Timer Here.. I have a couple questions
June 12, 2013 03:54PM
I'm curious to know how many people are expected to attend this year's festival? Also, how big are the fairgrounds cause if its anything like California Roots festival, the grounds were small and main stage small and hard to see and get close.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 03:57PM by Vicki1Lynn.
Re: First Timer Here.. I have a couple questions
June 12, 2013 04:06PM
Vicki1Lynn
I'm curious to know how many people are expected to attend this year's festival? Also, how big are the fairgrounds cause if its anything like California Roots festival, the grounds were small and main stage small and hard to see and get close.
There will be thousands of people there. Monterey fairgrounds is a terrible spot for a festival, there I said it. The Snwmf festival area inside the Mendo fairgrounds is quite large and spacious. There will be 2 stages, both of which are easy to view from any angle whithin the stage areas. The smaller villiage stage is sat underneath some tall redwoods and makes for a nice cool enviroment and natural vibe. In size I would say its about 2/3 the size of Montereys stage area. The larger valley stage is in a large open field about twice the size of Montereys, and is easily viewable from anywhere in that area.
June 12, 2013 07:11PM
Good to know! Thanks!
June 13, 2013 01:45AM
I agree east bay. Monterey county fair ground is outright horrible for a music festival.
June 13, 2013 02:02AM
I can't answer the first question. I tried to find a map of the fairgrounds online but couldn't. Its a nice size venue. The walkway from the main stage to the village stage goes past the food vendors and that can get a bit crowded at times. And the main stage gets very deep crowds during the main acts but nothing you can't make your way to the front if you want.
June 13, 2013 04:55AM
I also looked for a map of the venue to pass on to a friend that hasn't been and couldn't find one. I think I remember seeing photos posted at some point of the fairgrounds from an aerial perspective, but would have to look for a while to find that again.
June 13, 2013 02:02PM
Here's this year's map of the fairgrounds and layout for SNWMF 2013....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login