Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ziggy On Counting Cars

Posted by J_72 
Ziggy On Counting Cars
June 19, 2013 03:54AM
Any one catching it? Ziggy is getting Bob's Benz restored on Counting Cars.
Re: Ziggy On Counting Cars
June 19, 2013 04:10PM
Saw it, didn't like. They replaced the original wheels with cheap aftermarket bling that was popular in the 8Os's but not what the car came with when Bob bought it. As usual with all of these "reality" shows they had to have a hard deadline and many crises to deal with. In this case they came up with the fiction that the car being a European version that nothing was the same as US version. Pure bullshit and hype. They could have made a better show of it had they spent some time on explaining more about the hemp interior. Good on Ziggy for doing this, but as usual TV hype had to rear its ugly head and cheapen what should have been a uplifting Fathers Day moment.
June 19, 2013 05:41PM
Bob drove a beamer...

Respect Same Way
June 19, 2013 05:57PM
Bob reportedly bought a BMW (for "Bob Marley & the Wailers" of course), but later got rid of it, claiming the initials stood for "Babylon-Made War-car."
June 19, 2013 05:58PM
He also drove a Mercedes Benz.

Peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 06:00PM by J_72.
June 19, 2013 06:15PM
Nice, I am stoked Bob had a MBZ, I thought he was a BMW guy. FYI, the european MBZ models are very different from those in the states in a lot of ways. I thought the restoration came out with a very Jamaican look while maintaining the original machine. I might have to steal that fuel door design for my '78 MBZ coupe. Yeah TV but the mechanic was very respectful and you could tell it was a epic assignment for him and he understood the importance of this royal family heirloom. FRESH, $60k, must be nice to throw down and have somebody do it up for you.
June 19, 2013 06:39PM
nothing negative to say at all about this episode.. great stuff all around.

the car looked nice.. the house was nice.. ziggy was nothing but smiles.. great thing to see on this father's day week.
June 19, 2013 06:44PM
earthtiger
Saw it, didn't like. They replaced the original wheels with cheap aftermarket bling that was popular in the 8Os's but not what the car came with when Bob bought it. As usual with all of these "reality" shows they had to have a hard deadline and many crises to deal with. In this case they came up with the fiction that the car being a European version that nothing was the same as US version. Pure bullshit and hype. They could have made a better show of it had they spent some time on explaining more about the hemp interior. Good on Ziggy for doing this, but as usual TV hype had to rear its ugly head and cheapen what should have been a uplifting Fathers Day moment.

nothing to dislike about this show at all.. everything about the mechanics seemed genuine... ziggy's response seemed genuine.. to me it seems as if the mechanics put alot of time and care in restoring the vehicle. they understood this car to be of high value to ziggy(and the family).. and to see how much care they put into restoring the car, and how much respect they have for bob probably touched ziggy.. so it's easy to find small things to dislike, but the overall message seen here was love and respect.
June 19, 2013 06:45PM
I also enjoyed the show! Love Ziggy Marley, he has always been my favorite of Bobs sons. Love his free spirit and music. He is playing in Bend, OR July 2nd! Right before two Midnite shows in the bay July 4th in Oakland and July 5th in Petaluma! I love living in the Pacific NW! REGGAE!
June 19, 2013 07:18PM
just watched it on demand
he said it was some kind of off white but looked really yellow on my tv
a
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login