Live painting at the festival !!!
June 26, 2013 03:15AM
For those of you that came by to check out my painting throughout the festival I give many thanks for the appreciation and support. I was a wonderful experience and there was some great vibes throughout the whole festival. For those of you that expressed interest in purchasing the 7 1/2 x 4 foot painting I wanted to let you know that the promoters who were going to keep the painting as part of our deal were very nice and let me keep the painting in the end, so if you are interested we can talk further about it soon.
Also I released my solo project last week and would love to invite you all to check it out. I produced and performed this mellow yet deeply rooted dub album over the last two years and hope that it reaches your mind grapes at www.reverbnation.com/woyaweh and soon to be on iTunes. Woyaweh "Between the Lines"

Peace and Blessings,

Colin

www.colindavidharrisart.com
Re: Live painting at the festival !!!
June 26, 2013 02:28PM
June 26, 2013 02:39PM
I would love to have that painting. What an awesome memento for the fortunate buyer. Fantastic work sir.
June 26, 2013 05:26PM
I just want to recount an experience with an onstage live painter at one of the shows I played a few years ago. The artist set up on the side of the stage the guitarist and I shared. All was well as we played our first couple of tunes and the artist was outlining his work. Then he pulled out his airbrush and started spraying. Not long afterwards, I experienced throat irritation and started choking and coughing, as did the guitarist on the same side of the stage. To get out of the cloud of spray, I moved towards the rear of the stage, and felt better, although my throat was still somewhat irritated. At least I wasn't singing at this show. The guitarist wasn't nearly so lucky; he had nowhere to escape, and he did have to sing. He made it through, but it was an hour + respiratory ordeal. At least he didn't have asthma, I don't think he would've made it. Moral of the story: before allowing a live artist on stage, make sure spray painting isn't part of his technique, unless the band's fitted with charcoal cartridge respirators.
June 26, 2013 07:12PM
couple years ago ras kush had a guy painting live on stage in the dancehall... that was cool.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login