what's up for Buju
June 28, 2013 02:50AM
welcome home, idren....maybe some good news for Buju???

[www.tampabay.com]
Re: what's up for Buju
June 28, 2013 03:56AM
From what Ive read he is getting 5 less years for a gun violation over turned. So instead of 15 years he will serve 10. Still has 8 to go I think.
As far as the juror looks like she will go to jail for looking the case up online during the trial.
June 28, 2013 04:20AM
But it's hard to believe that the juror so broke the law that she may go to jail and yet the whole decision was not vacated. She proved herself a liar, mistrial.

Love that reggae!
June 28, 2013 01:00PM
Greedy puppy. If it was my call, declare a mistrial & deport him---which would be the best outcome Mr. Myrie could expect.
June 28, 2013 10:06PM
I pray that buju will e released but I truly believe that the last time I will ever see him preform in the us was at snwmf. Bitter sweet memorie.
June 28, 2013 10:26PM
Jahsiah
I pray that buju will e released but I truly believe that the last time I will ever see him preform in the us was at snwmf. Bitter sweet memorie.

He will still have a career in JA & the Caribbean---possibly you might catch him there. His live performances in our somewhat diminished fruited plain look to be over.
June 28, 2013 10:38PM

Love that reggae!
June 28, 2013 11:07PM
@ nomoretrouble, was that part of his snwmf set? I only question that because of the back drop and the cameras.
@ paparay I know buju will come back when he is released and will be large in doing so. I expect more great records and massive touring throughout the carribean, South America and Europe but as far as ever seeing him at Sierra or any show in America ever again is highly doubtful. To me that is sad but beautiful that I saw such an excellent performance the last time I saw and will see him here.
June 28, 2013 11:41PM
it was indeed part of his snwmf set, at one point i did a 360 and you can see the grandstands clearly. Here's some more:

Love that reggae!
June 28, 2013 11:46PM
Now that he's in jail for jah knows how long, perhaps i should pull that tape outta the vaults and upload the whole show....

Love that reggae!
July 01, 2013 11:39PM
let's see it! ..that was one of my favorite shows ever
July 02, 2013 05:35PM
freeee bujuuuuu!
July 02, 2013 06:26PM
I would love to see that video NOMO!! That was a show for the ages IMO. One of my all time favorite late night sets!!!
July 02, 2013 06:29PM
i pulled the video and audio out of the vaults last night. Might have it done by tomorrow night...

Love that reggae!
July 02, 2013 06:31PM
Dont work to hard. It is 4th of July weekend and Midnite!!
July 02, 2013 06:33PM
Work? That's fun bro.

Love that reggae!
July 02, 2013 06:34PM
Sitting in my office waiting for a client to enter an equity option order, now that's work.

Love that reggae!
July 02, 2013 06:39PM
July 02, 2013 07:12PM
Glad you enjoy doing that stuff Nomo!!!

Nice video Igrade, never seen the video before. I bought the album from LK this year and look forward to seeing Perfect for the first time at NWWRF this summer. Great album as well. Really been enjoying it.
July 02, 2013 08:36PM

Love that reggae!
July 02, 2013 08:56PM
Thanks for sharing Nomo! I was sad to have missed SNWMF last year. Loved the artisits on the small stage last year. LKJ would have been amazing too. Thank you for the video's as always. You are so generous about sharing!
July 02, 2013 09:03PM
Obama is a hypocrite for breaking campaign promises but Buju gets a free pass for attempting to purchase a very large portion of cocaine while singing righteous Rasta songs. "Free Buju!"

Gotta love music fans.
July 02, 2013 09:15PM
Im under the impression J72 that he was set up. I dont believe for one second he was trying to buy cocaine.

I could be wrong though. Maybe just want I want to believe. Either way nobody is perfect. Except for Perfect Giddimani

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 09:20PM by rossta8888.
July 02, 2013 10:04PM
If, by 'set up,' you mean that someone offered to sell him some cocaine, then I agree with you Tyler:

People have offered to sell me cocaine and all sorts of other drugs, but you don't see me taking a 'dip'. I think the key to your post, as well as those of others is "I want to believe"......
July 02, 2013 10:42PM
The question for me is , was buju pursuing the cocaine deal that he was clearly involved in, or was he talked into it by the undercover narc. If Buju was pursuing it, he is doing the time that fit the crime. If he was aggressively talked into it, i have a problem with it, thats not the kind of crime i want my government preventing, they created the crime. Now, even if he was talked into it, he did participate, and any time you do that there's a possibility of getting arrested. I don't know the reality of the whole situation, it's possible that Buju was just a gullible user who wanted to see a whole bunch of coke, it's also a possibility that he was steeped in cocaine culture and was looking for a big pile. Personally i think it's most likely that he's guilty as charged, but led down the path by a narc. Specifically pursuing someone and creating a crime so you can jail them is not a sign of a free and just society.

Love that reggae!
July 02, 2013 11:45PM
Smells like entrapment to me, however the coke is not what bothers me about the drama. If the blood diamond allegations are true that seems to be a much bigger issue IMO.
July 03, 2013 01:22AM
rossta8888
Im under the impression J72 that he was set up. I dont believe for one second he was trying to buy cocaine.

I could be wrong though. Maybe just want I want to believe. Either way nobody is perfect. Except for Perfect Giddimani

Buju was set up by his greed.

And saying 'nobody is perfect' could also be the beginning apologia for jay-walking, or genocide---.
July 03, 2013 02:23PM
WOW Daniel. Had never read any of that before. I guess because I am a fan of his music and never wanted to believe it. I choose not to put anything into my body that would destroy or harm me. I wish Buju would have made the same choice. I do stick by comment that "nobody is perfect" I dont care who you are. We have all made mistakes and made choices in life we are not proud of.

I agree with your points Nomo. Sounds like he was steered down that path. More than likely he was looking though. SAD
July 03, 2013 02:25PM
I am actually bummed out right now. Does anyone have a video of the end of Morgan Heritage set from 2008?? I remember the lead singer going off about being careful that night and what the dancehall brings. He was talking about Buju. I was thinking what does he mean??
July 03, 2013 04:17PM
I have that whole set also Rossta. The Buju is uploading now, i'll see about the Morgan later....

Love that reggae!
July 03, 2013 04:23PM
Been a few years but those comments stuck with me that night. Thanks Nomo.
July 03, 2013 05:29PM
The transcripts of the wire are available for all to see. Regardless of how the ball got rolling, the transcripts do not paint Mr. Myrie in a very good light. It sure doesn't come across that he was new to the game in those transcripts and then there is the diamond thing in there too.

Too bad as he rates highly as an artist.

In regard to the 2008 performance, I wasn't as impressed as most here seemed to be. I have seen Buju live a bunch of times and I thought that was one of the weakest if not the weakest performance I've seen from him. It paled in comparison to his 2000 SNWMF show.
July 05, 2013 11:56AM
Here is the entire Buju performance from SNWMF in 2008:

Love that reggae!
July 05, 2013 01:29PM
Look! It's hard to read the court case and not think he is guilty of being involved in coke...the guy is guilty. It's ok to admit. Someday he'll be out of prison and can redeem himself. But for now, all indications are he was looking to make money off people's addictions.
July 05, 2013 01:31PM
Do not free Buju. Let the hypocrite do his time.
July 05, 2013 09:19PM
Nomo, you are the absolute shiz nit!!!! I have been looking for this video for years. So much respect for posting this!!! This was one of the greatest shows of my life.

Favorite part: 39:55. "jah give I strength".....goose bumps bro. Goose bumps!!!!
July 05, 2013 10:03PM
Nice! And what other old snwmf shows do you pine for? after 2007 that is, which was my first year of attendance...

I was just listening to Buju sing 'Destiny', and remembering Luciano sing it at SNWMF last year. Good stuff.

I'm not saying Buju shouldn't be in jail or whatever. Personally i don't think it helps anyone to keep him there, or 'society'. Why not deport him back to Jamaica and let them do whatever they want with him. Specially with that juror impropriety.

Love that reggae!
July 05, 2013 11:45PM
Can't wait to get home and check this video out Nomo!! Thank you!! See you tonight!!
July 06, 2013 05:44AM
Do you have the culture with Joseph hill show from 2007? or Fantan Mojah and coca tea duet from that same year?
Why Should We Forgive Buju Banton?
July 09, 2013 11:32PM
I thought Sierra Nevada followed a one love philosophy led mostly in part by the actions of the man himself Robert Nester Marley. I dont think we should ignore the fact that the actions and ignorance of Buju Banton still resonate to this day with his unwillingness to admit his shameful actions.

True the anti-gay beliefs Buju stands by are part of his religious following, he shouldn't have to hide his beliefs...however no where have I heard the religion to support gay hate and killing of our bredren weather they be gay or not.

Free speech is one thing, hate speech is another.

We all make mistakes, say and do things we shouldn't but being unwilling to appologize for them leaves me in disbelief that the sierra community are still willing to support a man who will not support the one love philosophy.

[www.edgeboston.com]

[dailyemerald.com]
July 10, 2013 05:14AM
Kena, please go to Jamaica today and talk to people that were born, grew up, and live in Jamaica. Most men do not like gay people. It is part of the culture. I'm not saying its wrong or right, I am just stating facts. When you grow up and are taugh to respect a man, woman, and marriage, it is hard to change that frame of mind. It is not like the bay area, california. The "one love" mentality from the 70's has changed in Jamaica.

I love bob and I deeply respect buju. I hope to see buju in 2020.
July 10, 2013 01:54PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2013 02:49PM by J_72.
July 10, 2013 07:00PM
J72, you crack me up!!! Everytime I see one of your posts it is blank. LOL
July 10, 2013 07:11PM
He's typing with invisible ink spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 10, 2013 08:23PM
^^^^^^^ HAHA. That is funny.

Anyway back to the video! Thanks for sharing Nomo. That was one of my all time favorite shows at a festival. Just the vibes and the buzz around the fairgrounds after his show was amazing! Never felt anything like it! I do hope that we can enjoy a set from him again in the NW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login