sweet roots music from the Virgin Islands
plus DJ Jacques (WBLK) and Pure Roots

@ McNears's Mystic Theatre
Petaluma, CA
21+
tickets and info available at http://www.mystictheatre.com/

Re: This Friday, July 5th: MIDNITE @ McNears Mystic Theatre, Petaluma CA
July 02, 2013 02:01PM
Nice Flyer! Bought my tickets yesterday! Will be my first time seeing Midnite in Sonoma County!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 02:02PM by rossta8888.
July 05, 2013 12:20PM
Tonight y'all
July 05, 2013 03:07PM
Plenty of tix at the door?
July 05, 2013 04:24PM
As I left the show last night at 3 a.m. with Midnite still on stage, I was thinking to myself "damn, here I am leaving early, and these guys have another fricken gig tomorrow night!" How do they do it??
July 05, 2013 04:33PM
What time are they coming on stage?? 11pm?
July 06, 2013 06:33PM
Curious how this show went after that epic set in Oakland....
July 07, 2013 11:50AM
It was well nice Reggabe though, at 2:20, it clocked in as one of the 'shorter' Midnite sets. The crowd seemed to have LOTS of energy and were very receptive to what Midnite was offering. Jah Feed I and Dignity, the latter of which I had not heard in about 5 years, were my personal favorites and they started off by playing Rossta's request (Begin The Day). Having attended many packed crowds for Midnite shows in Petaluma (courtesy of Good Vibes' Dan and Amy), it was nice to have a little space on Friday night.......
July 08, 2013 01:15AM
another great show! lot shorter than the late night ghetto session prior night...all good

-much love-
July 08, 2013 03:36PM
I really enjoyed the Petaluma show as well Reggabe. Sorry for the late reply. Drive home and catch up with work got in the way of the phorum. Lol. I was thrilled as Daniel said they I opened with Begin the Day. One of my favorite songs. I listen to it every morning and had never seen it live that I remember. The Petaluma show was enjoyable as they played a few songs I have not seen live before. In fact Daniel what was song number 2 after begin the day? I can't remember now. Was not a song is heard live before. Thx
July 09, 2013 07:18AM

Daniel what was song number 2 after begin the day? I can't remember now. Was not a song is heard live before.

That was "Jah In I" Tyler. You must be 'slipping' cause I'm sure they played that one up at NWWRF in 2008....
July 09, 2013 01:53PM
I could be slipping. LOL.

To be fair I did not find Midnite until 2008. I go down to Ranch Records and buy an album every paycheck of an artist I am not familiar with. In 2008 I found Cipheraw by Midnite. At this point I did not even know what VI reggae was. I went home and threw in Cipheraw. It was good, different sound than other reggae albums I had been buying. I didnt love it at first though I must admit. What I did love at first was Check Ya Self! I listened to that song about 20 times in a row that night. Anyway about 3 weeks later I am driving home from work past the Domino Room (our local venue) and the sign was posted that Midnite would be playing that friday night. I thought how cool is that!! So I went. The only song I knew was Check Ya Self. No idea that Midnite had so many albums. I kept waiting to hear Check Ya Self. They did not play that song that night but I was blown away by there performance but also the vibes they brought. I remember thinking to myself "this is the band I have been looking for, the sound and message I like" I already had my SNWMF tickets as Buju was headlining that year so I caught Midnite at SNWMF in 08 that summer. Great set! I remember Vaughn wearing a white SNWMF t- shirt. Again I knew none of there music, still only owning Cipheraw. That brings us to NWWRF 2008!! They were headlining Sunday night. I refer to this as my all time favorite Midnite set. At this point I still only owned Cipheraw and was not familiar with there music at all. That night they blew me away. Playing close to a four hour set. I dont remember any of the songs played that night. All I remember was how amazing a show it was. How much I enjoyed myself. That set led me to being the Midnite fan I am today. After that show in 2008 at the festival I bought every cd they had brought with them. Unpolished, Ras Mek Peace, Scheme Of things, Let Live, Jah Grid and Rule the Time. It was not until 2010 that I started to travel to all over the NW to catch Midnite sets. So even though I consider myself a big Midnite fan, I also consider myself someone who is growing in their music and has a lot to learn. MIDNITE!!!

Did you travel to So Cal for any of the shows Daniel??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login