Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

midnite 90s

Posted by Ras_Adam 
midnite 90s
July 05, 2013 02:13PM
Re: midnite 90s
July 05, 2013 07:06PM
Big up Adam for posting this!! Love seeing midnite in their earlier stages. Shows how every man has humble beginnings.

Never seen or heard midnite doing a cover tune, so that no woman no cry cover was pretty nice.

Next tune, Words of War, huuuuge!! Never heard that ever, don't know why, that should definitely be a part of their repertoire , with the Capitol building in the background, epic!

First recording I ever heard/had of midnite was around 99/2000, a live recording from the Lions Den, with a lot of tunes from ras Mek peace and unpolished. I had no idea who they were, but loved their sound, which was on a tape btw. Then visiting SF in 2001 or so picked up unpolished at Amoeba, the first album of theirs I had. Saw them in Portland my first time later in 2001-2, with Dezarie opening, after I bought every album available at the time , full joy it every time !!

Huge fan ever since, fallen off a bit lately with attending live shows and purchading recent albums, but still have nuff respect same way.
July 09, 2013 09:23PM
I too enjoyed this. I am waaaaay late on the Midnite scene. Not finding them until 2008. Making up for lost time though! smiling smiley
July 10, 2013 01:33PM
Words Of War sound like a big tune...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
July 10, 2013 06:54PM
Danny, ya done know Words of war a big tune. Dis is Micah, old school brethren from Portland. Think you were alongside the I at that first show at Mt Tabor. You remember how hot that was? I remember you going nigs for Lion Wears the Crown!! This was back when midnite was running shorter tunes, less jammed out, and then would just end the tune and roll straight into the next. Long time dat, things change a bit, but still well nice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login