Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tickets, please.

Posted by Jahsprey 
Tickets, please.
July 11, 2013 10:26AM
I'm not a real stub collector, so I'm always delighted when some random ticket flutters out of my life's detritus. Here's the best one in years. Can you top it?
Re: Tickets, please.
July 11, 2013 10:35AM
Here's one from the only time I've seen Stevie Wonder perform live (and my first taste of Stephen Marley)....

July 11, 2013 10:50AM
those are both great, guys!

i don't really save many of mine, but some nice ones that i did find i gave to my employers who were in the middle of changing a bar theme over to a jamaican theme. so i gave them some tix stubs, album cover scans and reggae label coasters. they now have 3 really cool framed collages hanging on the walls, along with lots of actual 45's i donated to them as well. wish i had one of the collages on a wall at home...

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
July 11, 2013 11:40AM
Nice ticket stubs, bet they were awesome shows.

@MK. Yup super nice collage, definatley would love that on my office wall.
July 11, 2013 03:01PM
Here's one that some of you may have seen before....

July 11, 2013 03:36PM
50 bucks for 3 days. What a deal.
July 12, 2013 10:36PM
Probably my oldest concert ticket stub....

July 12, 2013 11:23PM
Show off winking smiley
July 13, 2013 04:33AM
Daniel pulls out the big guns...And we may have a winner....
July 13, 2013 07:03AM
$50 in 1995= $74, according to my inflation calculator. Still a great deal!

Bob's price, $8.50= $29. Who was the opening act, Daniel?
July 13, 2013 07:43AM
Betty Wright was the 'special guest' that night (though Peter Tosh joined Bob the following night in Los Angeles).

Here's a next stub of interest:

This was the first 'sound system' show I attended outside of Jamaica. The scheduled list of artists included:
Charlie Chaplin, Cocoa Tea, Early B, Little John, Echo Minott, Super Cat and General Trees. But, in the end, there were only 4 artists who shared the mic that night, and I know General Trees was not one of them. My memory is that is was Sugar (not Echo) Minott, Cocoa Tea, Little John and Early B but I could be mistaken as it HAS been a while now. Anyone else here make it our to The Farm that night.....?
AJ
July 13, 2013 12:18PM
Daniel
The scheduled list of artists included:
Charlie Chaplin, Cocoa Tea, Early B, Little John, Echo Minott, Super Cat and General Trees. But, in the end, there were only 4 artists who shared the mic that night, and I know General Trees was not one of them. My memory is that is was Sugar (not Echo) Minott, Cocoa Tea, Little John and Early B but I could be mistaken as it HAS been a while now. Anyone else here make it our to The Farm that night.....?

Daniel ~ I was not at that show. But on November 23, of that same year @ the Hollywood Palladium they had some of the same artists with the Black Roots Band ~ not a sound system show. On the line-up at the H.P. show were Sugar Minott, Early B & Super Cat, so at least you know they were on the west coast around the same time. Also on the H.P. bill were Frankie Paul, Yami Bolo, Ras Bunny & Barry G. Most definitely in the top 10 reggae shows I've been to.
I do not have a ticket stub, but I still have the t-shirt from the Hollywood Palladium show.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login