Opinions on Snoop Lion performing @SNWMF.....
July 13, 2013 12:54PM
Im not tryin to stir it up, just curious what people think about Snoop performing @ SNWMF. What's your thoughts? Village Stage or Valley Stage? Headliner (he is Snoop)? Me personally wouldn't want to see him there. That's my opinion. What's yours?
Re: Opinions on Snoop Lion performing @SNWMF.....
July 13, 2013 01:32PM
this should be good... lemme get some popcorn! hot smiley

Respect Same Way
July 13, 2013 01:33PM
Id rather see him headline friday night than SOJA!!!

Respect Same Way
July 13, 2013 01:49PM
tahoearmada
Id rather see him headline friday night than SOJA!!!

How about Snoop Lion backed by SOJA?
July 13, 2013 03:45PM
Snoop Dogg is dope. Snoop Lion got Snoop Doggs voice but with cliche garbage lyrics.
I'd be embarrasses for the fest if they had Snoop Lion.
Now Eddie Murphy I'd be excited to see perform though winking smiley
July 13, 2013 05:03PM
I see this going down at ROTR rather than SNWMF...
From the few tunes I've heard, it seems most of the Album consists of Collaborations. Unless the collaborators were along for the ride, I don't see a Snoop Lion solo thing going over so well. Esp if he was doing a strait Reggae show.
Trust me<~ In a couple of years or less this whole Snoop Lion thing will ...

Snoop at SNWMF.= Nevah!

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
July 13, 2013 06:32PM
I'd give it about the same odds as either Snoop signing with Solomonic Records....
July 13, 2013 07:50PM
Excuse me but just what do you mean by:" I see this going down at ROTR rather than SNWMF... " In the last 5 years that ROTR was at Benbow there was Never anybody like this and I for sure don't see it this year. Look at the line-up. What's your reasoning? ROTR is produced by the Mateel Community Center, a local community non-profit organization who couldn't afford his asking price even if they ever considered Snoop. I'm sure they would rather spend the money on the youth programs they support.
July 13, 2013 10:53PM
I don't understand all the hate on these boards for ROTR, I can understand the frustrations with Reggae Rising but even then there was still great music. It seems like a lot of people on here preach love and positive vibes but don't practice it.
July 13, 2013 11:14PM
I don't know Mamacali, from what I have heard when living up there, Snoop likes Humboldt County, particularly its herbs and spices.

Peace

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2013 11:45PM by J_72.
July 14, 2013 07:53AM
Snoop has only played Humboldt Co once that I'm aware of and that was a long while ago and he played up in Eureka not So Hum. A lot of people love Humboldt and it's herb.
July 14, 2013 08:04AM
I wish there was such thing as humor and sarcasm fonts.

Peace
July 14, 2013 09:31AM
"I wish there was such thing as humor and sarcasm fonts."

Excellent idea....
July 14, 2013 09:50AM
Jeff I've seen some msg boards that use blue type to indicate sarcasm...such as:
BRING SNIZZLE TO SIERIZZLE!
July 14, 2013 09:59AM
mamacali
Excuse me but just what do you mean by:" I see this going down at ROTR rather than SNWMF... " In the last 5 years that ROTR was at Benbow there was Never anybody like this and I for sure don't see it this year. Look at the line-up. What's your reasoning? ROTR is produced by the Mateel Community Center, a local community non-profit organization who couldn't afford his asking price even if they ever considered Snoop. I'm sure they would rather spend the money on the youth programs they support.

Didn't mean to offend you mamacali. The Mateel hosts all kinds of of shows outside of ROTR... and its not that far fetched to envision Snoop at ROTR IMO.

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
July 14, 2013 10:04AM
DJ Jacques : WBLK Dancehall Massive
Snoop Dogg is dope. Snoop Lion got Snoop Doggs voice but with cliche garbage lyrics.
I'd be embarrasses for the fest if they had Snoop Lion.

LOL! thumbs up
July 14, 2013 10:07AM
Well if Snoop Lion was headlining Saturday night i might be able to spend some quality time in the dancehall!

Love that reggae!
July 14, 2013 11:06AM

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
July 15, 2013 07:31AM
Juanlove, the two shows you memtion are not being produced by the Mateel. Whoever is producing these shows are just renting the hall for their shows.
July 15, 2013 07:46AM
mamacali
Juanlove, the two shows you memtion are not being produced by the Mateel. Whoever is producing these shows are just renting the hall for their shows.
lol.....now your reaching. Just admit you got.your feelings hurt over nothing and go on about your day....
July 15, 2013 07:49AM
Pass. Seriously. This would be a deal breaker for me and my family.

Think of all the real singers, musicians, and roots artists that the festival could bring for the cost of the Snoop Dogg/Lion farce.
July 15, 2013 07:54AM
Snoop likes Humboldt County, particularly its herbs and spices.

Not edited 3 times.

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
July 15, 2013 08:23AM
J_72
I wish there was such thing as humor and sarcasm fonts.

Peace

Reggabe
"I wish there was such thing as humor and sarcasm fonts."

Excellent idea....

how's about the Ital(ic) option above....how's about the Ital(ic) option above
July 15, 2013 08:50AM
<sarcasm>
Who need a sarcasm font? I assume everything I read here is sacastic.
</sarcasm>
July 15, 2013 11:44AM
mamacali
Snoop has only played Humboldt Co once that I'm aware of and that was a long while ago and he played up in Eureka not So Hum. A lot of people love Humboldt and it's herb.

Not that it matters, but Snoop has played in Eureka twice in the last 6 years. The most recent time Stephen Marley opened for him
July 15, 2013 04:16PM
DJ Treez

Eddie Murphy & Shabba Ranks for SNWMF 2014!!!
AJ
July 16, 2013 05:10AM
My first reaction was "NO". But I'm not familiar with his music. I do not know any of his hit songs. I've seen him on SNL or Letterman once or twice, but that's it.
It would not stop me from going to SNWMF, because every year there are acts I am not interested in. I would just go to the other stage, dancehall, get some irie food or just take a break. If it helps SNWMF bring in more dollars and new fans for the festival, I'm all for that.
But I would rather the music $$$'s be spent on real Reggae & World Music acts.
I'll stick to my first reaction and say "no". Sorry Snoop. winking smiley
July 16, 2013 10:27AM
I would be for having Snoop Lion if he would fore-go his performance fee and settle for a free hotel room in Ukiah.

From what I understand, he doesn't really need our ticket money.

No doubt he would bring added revenue to the festival which could be used to bring additional talent to the billing.

For some, I think he might be entertaining as well. That might even include me.
July 16, 2013 10:40AM
Rhythmwize
I would be for having Snoop Lion if he would fore-go his performance fee and settle for a free hotel room in Ukiah.

From what I understand, he doesn't really need our ticket money.

No doubt he would bring added revenue to the festival which could be used to bring additional talent to the billing.

For some, I think he might be entertaining as well. That might even include me.

so when snoop goes into his profanity laced catalog, do you think folks will run back to the board and complain?

much like when luciano simply stated his belief in a Creator ?
July 16, 2013 11:15AM
bigvein

so when snoop goes into his profanity laced catalog, do you think folks will run back to the board and complain?

much like when luciano simply stated his belief in a Creator ?

Well, if he can't perform without excessive profanity and vulgarity then he would not be welcome as far as I'm concerned.

I assume he would do his Snoop Lion performance since this is a reggae festival and not his Snoop Dawg thing, but I might have it all wrong and there is no difference...I'm really not that familiar with his live performances either before or after his reincarnation.

So, yes, I think folks would complain, more like when Brigadier Jerry was thumping the Bible and denigrating gays.
July 16, 2013 11:29AM
I dont think he would be the best fit for the festival. I personally think he is tight.. Now, I think his set consists of about 20% snoop lion , and the rest classic doggystyle.
Although he does have a DJ as an element, his band is sick. Super talented young guys that rock out- most of em from compton.. he has some hot chicks dancing as well.

I think a lot of the people might be pleasantly surprised. The former gangster rapper converts to reggae- I say good for him. sure, its a little funny hearing it come from him, but no doubt he has some conscious lyrics. the guy went from "murder was the case" to "no guns allowed" if anything he might influence some young people into thinking guns aren't cool.

people will complain no matter what the lineup is.
July 16, 2013 12:08PM
well if he is truly converted he would never perform as snoop dogg again.... besides the song content being innappropriate, he was told by the elders that he is not a dogg and is in fact a lion... so if he really were embracing the spiritual path he claims then he is not that person anymore,,,,, he is now the lion......... but i think we all know what's really going on in this situation..... records gotta sell.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
July 16, 2013 02:11PM
HiGrade1
but i think we all know what's really going on in this situation..... records gotta sell.

so this is your logic? - he sold more than 30 million albums worldwide as a rapper, or in the genre of hip hop, and then decided to switch to "reggae" to sell more albums? interesting.

not a lion, not a dog... just a human. who at least is now writing songs with a positive message.

some artists probably hate playing their "hits" over and over and over... but they have to... who knows if he likes it or not, but snoop (lion or dog) probably hasn't done a show without playing 'gin and juice' or 'nothin but a g thing' since those songs came out.

"truly converted" - as if its a scientific process. he's a human, an american, from cali. he digs reggae. let a brother live
July 16, 2013 02:28PM
el abayarde
HiGrade1
but i think we all know what's really going on in this situation..... records gotta sell.

so this is your logic? - he sold more than 30 million albums worldwide as a rapper, or in the genre of hip hop, and then decided to switch to "reggae" to sell more albums? interesting.

not a lion, not a dog... just a human. who at least is now writing songs with a positive message.

some artists probably hate playing their "hits" over and over and over... but they have to... who knows if he likes it or not, but snoop (lion or dog) probably hasn't done a show without playing 'gin and juice' or 'nothin but a g thing' since those songs came out.

"truly converted" - as if its a scientific process. he's a human, an american, from cali. he digs reggae. let a brother live

WORD
July 17, 2013 11:32AM
I WOULDN'T vote or encourage to bring Snoop to SNWMF. He's not on my list, but if for some reason he were to be there, it would not stop me from attending. If that were the case maybe an early show between 1-3 pm. Just not sure what stage to put him on. Maybe the village stage. Keep it small, intimate and avoid any big hype or attention. I think we all know that SNWMF wouldn't bring him. He's not really the type they would bring to the fest.
July 17, 2013 03:08PM
HiGrade1
well if he is truly converted he would never perform as snoop dogg again.... besides the song content being innappropriate, he was told by the elders that he is not a dogg and is in fact a lion... so if he really were embracing the spiritual path he claims then he is not that person anymore,,,,, he is now the lion......... but i think we all know what's really going on in this situation..... records gotta sell.

Yes, because reggae is so much more lucrative and sells so much more than does hip-hop...
July 18, 2013 10:29AM
SMH........

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2013 10:31AM by HiGrade1.
July 18, 2013 12:02PM
wtf???

[www.smh.org]

oops. forgot my sarcasm Ital(ic) font....

no, acronyms are not my friend. (imo) Acronyms are a sign of an A.D.D. addled mind.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2013 08:14AM by mulligan.
July 18, 2013 12:13PM
July 18, 2013 12:54PM
July 18, 2013 07:09PM
yeah... there are times that I disagree completely with my FullWatts brethren

Respect Same Way
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login