Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayers for Trayvon and the Martin family.Max Romeo come correct!

Posted by onecherryeva 
Prayers for Trayvon and the Martin family.Max Romeo come correct!
July 13, 2013 10:16PM
Re: Prayers for Trayvon and the Martin family.Max Romeo come correct!
July 14, 2013 03:08AM
July 14, 2013 05:51AM
Very sad story
prayers to all
a
July 14, 2013 05:58AM
yet no one remembers africa or chicago.

fashion-statement, bandwagonist movement for many..
July 14, 2013 08:06AM

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2013 04:27AM by J_72.
July 14, 2013 08:16AM
Everyone remembers Africa and Chicago. And Los Angeles, and DC, and New York, and New Orleans, Detroit, Ukiah, Napa, southern Oregon, and downtown San Francisco and the blatant racists i work with. There is no shortage of BS in this world. This subject deserves mention also, not instead of.

Why in this movie does the black guy always die? And his killer is never punished.

Love that reggae!
July 14, 2013 03:24PM
I fully agree Nomo,thanks!
July 14, 2013 06:30PM
so tell me this j_72... what are going to do from this point to help heal the situation ? what are you going to do to ensure black men are not rail roaded within the justice system ? what are you going to do besides feign some sort of allegiance with black solidarity?

the fact of the matter is the letter of the law was followed in this trial. the burden of proof was on the state to prove the man guilty. they failed to prove zimmerman's actions fell outside the bounds of florida's stand your ground law. so here we are..
many here cant argue against the letter of the law, when they use the same argument to justify their buju position.. basically, lock him up.. the law says if you do the crime, do the time...

the bigger question is this..

what is going to be done going forward within the black community ? i hear time after time that black life has no value in this country.. it doesnt by the way.. i hear all these pundits droning on and on about answering to their children.. answering why the justice system failed another black person.. so riddle me this.. where is the outrage and distress with the rampant black on black crime. black on black abortion. black abortion is the highest per capita of any demographic.. black life has 0 value within itself.. forget about the value of black life as seen behind the eyes of a supposed white guy.. zimmerman.. who is no more white than the POTUS.

this case is too easy to whine, moan, and bitch about... house cleaning within the community is first and foremost.. this is needed so the injustice against black people stops! until there is unity injustice will continue!!

some things i can think of are this.

1. black lawyers(or lawyers of any color.. but must start from within) should hold free classes.. teaching people their constitutional rights...

2. parents should attend their PTA meetings, demanding school districts include constitutional rights classes.

3. divisions based on clothing colors, living locations, etc just need to stop.

July 14, 2013 06:59PM
What j72 is going to do is what most of us can do. He is a teacher, and he can educate students that come through his classroom, including about this issue, because it affects all parts of life. Rather than criticize j72 for some of the many layers of relationships between races, he should be lauded for every little time he makes a student think. Neither he nor i are or can be black. We don't have to be for this killing to concern us. I've never heard him feign anything, let alone black solidarity. Change happens in small steps, it's better now than it was fifty years ago, it will be better fifty years from now. People like j72 help make those small steps. You do too big vein, by bringing up subjects for discussion. Many times i find your point of view a little stilted...like above where you refer to black abortion as black on black crime. Thats a little out there, but there is value in considering it.

As far as the court case, it's usually a logical path to find guilt or innocence in my experience. That doesn't mean that the law that he was found innocent under should remain the way it is. It's a matter of whether the case was proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I have a question for you big vein. Why at the middle school which my kids attended, which was 60 percent black, was there never more than ten percent parents of color at the PTA meetings?

Love that reggae!
July 14, 2013 07:05PM
and next you have all these celebrities putting in their two cents.. which is fine.. but lets be real.

80% of these people only found time to 'tweet' or 'face book' in between delivery of their saturday night mollies/weed/coke..

last night many of these people moved on from being outraged to getting brain from the nightly groupie.. so this whole outrage and anger to me is a total sham.. nothing will be done going forward for the betterment of black people.. nothing will be done from within the community or from without the community..

its onto straight flexing on instagram and onto keeping up with love and hip hop atl... foolishness and buffoonery..

what am i doing ? i can only influence one person at a time.. i try to advise and help all youths see the bigger picture in life. to see beyond worrying about how heavy or light their weed sack is.. to find an upright passion in life, and ride that 1000% .. i especially try to guide just graduated athletes to stay focused.. see athletics as a means to an end.. to kick the door of opportunity open at every point. to learn the things of the world.

my heart is heavy.. so it goes.
July 14, 2013 07:45PM

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2013 04:26AM by J_72.
July 14, 2013 08:01PM
nomotrouble
What j72 is going to do is what most of us can do. He is a teacher, and he can educate students that come through his classroom, including about this issue, because it affects all parts of life. Rather than criticize j72 for some of the many layers of relationships between races, he should be lauded for every little time he makes a student think. Neither he nor i are or can be black. We don't have to be for this killing to concern us. I've never heard him feign anything, let alone black solidarity. Change happens in small steps, it's better now than it was fifty years ago, it will be better fifty years from now. People like j72 help make those small steps. You do too big vein, by bringing up subjects for discussion. Many times i find your point of view a little stilted...like above where you refer to black abortion as black on black crime. Thats a little out there, but there is value in considering it.

As far as the court case, it's usually a logical path to find guilt or innocence in my experience. That doesn't mean that the law that he was found innocent under should remain the way it is. It's a matter of whether the case was proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I have a question for you big vein. Why at the middle school which my kids attended, which was 60 percent black, was there never more than ten percent parents of color at the PTA meetings?

with regards to more involvement from parents within the school system.. thats a hard one.. i would guess it comes down to value system, work schedule, or just apathy... i do agree more work needs to be done here.. maybe a door to door effort is needed to communicate the importance of each parents/guardians voice. i do have more ideas and will put them down tomorrow.

i respect j72.. but at the same time, i notice a trend with his positions. i seen him promote a black man lose his ability to work. simply based on a social/religous differences. then he comes on this thread as if he sympathizes and sides with last night's 'popular' black sentiment.. well really it was half-hearted because it was just a link to another site.. so with this he can go either way... 'well i was just posting a link.. i dont condemn or condone.. just relaying a message'...fence sitting... so to me whatever position he takes in this case is not genuine.. but again i am not the moral standard bearer.. FWIW..
July 14, 2013 08:04PM
I am very sad b/c associates I thought were cool applauded the verdict. I said, " Oh, you are a racist?!?". He said , "no way!!". I said, " I did not call you a bad person I just said you were a Racist, perhaps no fault of your own; I did not call you a bad person."
That being said what a RACIST VERDICT!!!!!!!!!!!
July 14, 2013 08:21PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2013 04:25AM by J_72.
July 14, 2013 08:34PM
When I was a kid, we wore hoodies to hide our faces because we were up to know good. I frequent many places that the "kids" are more dangerous than the adults. Is it racist for me to prejudge that a youngster in all black with his head covered lurking around a neighborhood that has had a rise in break ins and robberies is up to no good? My personal experience growing up around Oakland, San leandro, Richmond, Castro Valley, Hayward, San Francisco and a few cities in between has shown me to be caustious of ANYBODY covered up in the night. My point being is let's get over the color of the involved parties skin, and look at what happend. A man was concerned about his home, a kid dressed in the uniform of a criminal was less than cordial when approached by an over zealous, scared middle aged man. Fight ensues, and one party losses life. This isn't a race issue, but more of a respect and manners issue. If both parties showed some common sense, and respect for each other this would not have happend. When I was younger my grandfather taught me to respect law enforcement. Why? Not because they are all upstanding men that have it all together, but because most were scared vulnerable men with guns looking for any reason to react. I'm not advocating in anyway that life needed to be taken that night or that Zimmerman was richeous. I'm saying let's put away the race card and look at the incident from an unbiased stand point.
July 14, 2013 08:43PM
And BV...I completley agree. Change comes from whithin the community and homes, not from outsiders showing support. Ellen wearing a hoodie in support of Trayvon is a perfect example of this being a fashion statement.
July 14, 2013 09:11PM
strikkly
I am very sad b/c associates I thought were cool applauded the verdict. I said, " Oh, you are a racist?!?". He said , "no way!!". I said, " I did not call you a bad person I just said you were a Racist, perhaps no fault of your own; I did not call you a bad person."
That being said what a RACIST VERDICT!!!!!!!!!!!

i understand the emotion behind it all.. but what i want to know is this..

zimmerman is white ? he fits in perefectly with the populace of east oakland more than say within the pearly streets of palo alto.

if you really check it... zimmerman's mom is darker than the POTUS.. so i am confused over this whole 'white' thing..

if thats the case, then aaron hernandez, another white guy, should be up on trial for killing yet another black man..

if we are going simply on last name, then bob marley is a white jamaican.
July 14, 2013 09:26PM
east bay herbalist
And BV...I completley agree. Change comes from whithin the community and homes, not from outsiders showing support. Ellen wearing a hoodie in support of Trayvon is a perfect example of this being a fashion statement.

anyone watch cnn tonight ? on there was a former prosecutor.. a black woman.. she was going on and on about how she cant bear the injustice.. her family is just sooo distraught over the verdict.. blah blah..

this begs the question.. how many black people did she persecute under trumped up charges? how many black people did her peers do the same, with her knowing, and she didnt say one word?

then there was this other guy going on and on, about to cry, talking about discussing the case with his son.. he then went on to say that this verdict means black life is cheap.. it sure is.. cause tomorrow i will scan google news and see someone shot because of a mis-perceived slight.. or because of some $1 manufactured chinese made shoes.. and that $1 is the cost of the whip used to keep child slaves on task.

so we can go on and on about the white man.. white injustice.. white guilt.. blah. blah... what is going to be done ?

farakhan said a couple years back.. in the 60s we cried no justice no peace.. in the 70s we cried no justice no peace.. in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s, the same.. well its damn time to stop begging society for jobs and peace...

you tube: farrakhan, state of black union, tavis smiley
July 14, 2013 09:34PM
zimmermans great grandfather on the peruvian side, seems to be of african descent.

[patdollard.com]

i am not defending the man, cause no one knows exactly what happened.. i am just saying, i am not sure how this became a racial issue.. not sure how it turned out to be a white vs black thing.. still trying to wrap my head around possible civil rights charges...

if zimmerman is 'white' then damien marley needs to stop bigging up africa.. cause he is BARELY black.. about the same amount of black as zimmerman.. if this is zimmerman's grandfather..
July 14, 2013 09:52PM
will charles barkley be brought up on civil rights charges for assualting shaquille oneal.

barkley a scottish name, so he must be a white guy.

oh wait.. o'neal is irish..

so the civil rights thing doesnt apply... this was a white on white crime..

searching for a better example.. brb..
July 14, 2013 10:02PM
zimmerman = jewish
mother = peruvian

both protected classes under the civil rights law..

i am just trying to figure out HOW this became a white on black crime ?

i can see latino on black

i can see jewish on black

but white on black? seems a reach.

white is a generic term for anglo-saxon, nordic, and germanic peoples.. not ethnic jew and peruvian..

someone learn me over here..
July 15, 2013 05:46AM
Do you think GZ would have followed TM if he was a non black kid without a hoodie?
When he notified police about the "suspicious kid" ( a 17 yr old on his way back from 7-11 buying an ice tea and skittles) they told him not to the follow him, and that he should wait for police.
Do you think GZ would have gone near TM without his gun?
Many things look bad for GZ- his previous run ins with the law, the reputation of his family's racist views (including his mother who has a history of being racist towards black people) and his phone calls to police using certain vocabulary and saying stuff like "these people".
I think talking about celebrities getting drug deliveries or head from a groupie is completely irrelevant.
TM perhaps fits the stereotype of someone up to some gangster @#$%& - gold teeth, tattoos, hoodie. That's unfortunate. But he was an unarmed kid, not even 18 walking home to the place where he stayed. He was stalked by someone with ego issues (wannabe cop?) who was told to hold off on his volunteer patrolling and wait for the police to get there. What resulted was a scuffle ( which I am prett sure would have never happened if GZ didn't have a gun) that lead to a kid, doing absolutely nothing wrong in the first place, losing his life.
Racial or not, my thoughts are that GZ perpetuated it, instigated the confrontation, and when he started to get his fat ass beat (something that he has nobody else to blame for but himself) he then could justify killing the kid. It's sad. Pathetic. And now he is simply 'not guilty'.
Prayers out the family. I only hope justice will prevail. GZ might have some bad karma now.
July 15, 2013 06:05AM
all barber shop and happy hour conjecture..

its the grey area around the whole encounter and the bounds of 'stand your ground' that finds GZ not guilty.

el abayarde
Do you think GZ would have followed TM if he was a non black kid without a hoodie?
When he notified police about the "suspicious kid" ( a 17 yr old on his way back from 7-11 buying an ice tea and skittles) they told him not to the follow him, and that he should wait for police.
Many things look bad for GZ- his previous run ins with the law, the reputation of his family's racist views (including his mother who has a history of being racist towards black people) and his phone calls to police using certain vocabulary and saying stuff like "these people".
I think talking about celebrities getting drug deliveries or head from a groupie is completely irrelevant.
TM perhaps fits the stereotype of someone up to some gangster @#$%& - gold teeth, tattoos, hoodie. That's unfortunate. But he was an unarmed kid, not even 18 walking home to the place where he stayed. He was stalked by someone with ego issues (wannabe cop?) who was told to hold off on his volunteer patrolling and wait for the police to get there. What resulted was a scuffle ( which I am prett sure would have never happened if GZ didn't have a gun) that lead to a kid, doing absolutely nothing wrong in the first place, losing his life.
Racial or not, my thoughts are that GZ perpetuated it, instigated the confrontation, and when he started to get his fat ass beat (something that he has nobody else to blame for but himself) he then could justify killing the kid. It's sad. Pathetic. And now he is simply 'not guilty'.
Prayers out the family. I only hope justice will prevail. GZ might have some bad karma now.
July 15, 2013 06:24AM
are you mexican ?

where was your outrage when LA mexicans were killing blacks as part of some bounty campaign.

i don't see any of the latino sympathizers on this board, i didnt see any of these same people calling for an end to senseless mexian on black killings..

during that time, i dont remember any of you all saying one damn thing..

so my issue is this... stop band wagoning the thing, when there was no outrage during the LA black bounty thing.. bandwagonist thing this...

el abayarde
July 15, 2013 06:42AM
bigvein
its the grey area around the whole encounter and the bounds of 'stand your ground' that finds GZ not guilty.

No sh!it dude, we all saw the verdict. That doesn't end the debate.
July 15, 2013 06:45AM
In truth, this whole incident is not a racial issue, it's a perfect example of what happens when your country is overrun by guns. Guns are the problem, that is obvious. If Zimmerman hadn't been packing, he wouldn't have had the guts to challenge the youth.

Love that reggae!
July 15, 2013 06:46AM
el abayarde
bigvein

No sh!it dude, we all saw the verdict. That doesn't end the debate.

well the debate from this point on is to look for solutions.. you are still focused on one pixel in the image.. i am looking at the bigger picture..

what are you going to be doing 30 days from now ? still worried about your light weed sack ? or will you be on the front line... educating and providing upliftment in whatever capacity.
July 15, 2013 06:54AM
I'm not Mexican. I'm full blown Caucasian bandwagonist.

But if I were Mexican, you would have made some very good, relevant points there.

----now back to the topic----

GZ really set himself up for this one, and the justice system provided him with a "way out."

Ironic how, he claims trayvon was up to no good, when, he himself is going around the neighborhood - as an armed volunteer "patrolling". What Florida needs, or the whole country for that matter, is more idiots with guns.
July 15, 2013 07:08AM
so the justice system provided a way out for this guy..

yet when it comes to buju, the justice system calls to lock him away and throw away the key.. and many of you applaud and promote that.. even leaning on this same letter of the law to justify your position.
many have said.. 'yeah the law should be changed, but it is the law and we have to go by that'.. thats weak.. buju and many other victimless(small time drug cases) prisoners should be released now..

i digress..

in the GZ case, 'the law provided a way out'

so you either uphold the justice system or your dont.. which one is it..
July 15, 2013 07:51AM
Let's see, there is an off topic issue in the main stream media designed to polarize and divide and rule...what two posters are right there on the 'front line' ? BV and J 72 posting and editing ...posting and editing

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
July 15, 2013 08:07AM
i have not edited nor taken back my talk..
July 15, 2013 08:19AM
yo J72 - QUIT DELETING YOUR POSTS!!!!
July 15, 2013 08:27AM
One would need conviction in their belief and testicular fortitude to let their words stand, be it right or wrong.
July 15, 2013 09:40AM
I'm sorry j72 has mental issues....whoever continues talking to this guy is enabling his lunacy. I quit this board a long time ago because of J72.
Seriously DJ Spleece, that's your homie???? What an embarrassment.
July 15, 2013 12:31PM
In my view, the major issue and problem here is not so much about race...but about guns.

And especially about carrying a gun out in public.

The more people walking around carrying a gun the more you are going to see cases similar to this.

Fistfights that turn into someone getting killed...sometimes the guy getting killed will be unarmed or perhaps both are armed and that fistfight turns into a gunfight or sometimes the guy that's unarmed takes the gun away from the guy that's armed and shoots him.

Its a risky and scary thing to be carrying a gun in public...for you as well as the other guy. I know from personal experience on more then one occasion. I managed to avoid or talk my way out of any physical confrontations...but in hindsight, I was damn lucky as well that things didn't escalate.

Think about it...if you are carring a gun you may have to shoot someone if your attacked and fear for your life or you might be killed in a gunfight or killed by your own weapon. Or, if you live in a high-crime rate area and walk around unarmed you could be killed for no reason by some punk with a gun...its a catch 22 or damned if you do..damned if you don't situation.

My personal solution is to be aware, and avoid whenever possible, any situations/environments where guns could be involved or where a gun maybe needed. Of course, easier said then done for many. Its a sorry state of affairs, all these millions of guns in circulation.
July 15, 2013 01:52PM
what is going to be done going forward within the black community ? i hear time after time that black life has no value in this country.. it doesnt by the way.. i hear all these pundits droning on and on about answering to their children.. answering why the justice system failed another black person.. so riddle me this.. where is the outrage and distress with the rampant black on black crime. black on black abortion. black abortion is the highest per capita of any demographic.. black life has 0 value within itself.. forget about the value of black life as seen behind the eyes of a supposed white guy.. zimmerman.. who is no more white than the POTUS.

this case is too easy to whine, moan, and bitch about... house cleaning within the community is first and foremost.. this is needed so the injustice against black people stops! until there is unity injustice will continue!!

Despite the fact Big Vein is an agent (tongue and cheek for those of you who don't know me), I do have a begrudging admiration for his logic and rationale.

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login