Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Roll Call for Reggae on the River 2013

Posted by Rhythmwize 
Roll Call for Reggae on the River 2013
July 16, 2013 05:51PM
My wife and I will be attending this year for the first time since the 20th Anniversary Festival in 2004.

As usual, we will be camping at Richardson's Grove State Park which is within walking distance of the French's Camp venue.

We bought the 3 Day tickets since there is no need for us to get to the venue early Thursday for a camping spot...and three days of festival partying is currently our limit. ha ha

So, anybody else got reservations for camping at Richardson's Grove? We will be in Campsite #161 starting on Tuesday.

Hope to meet-up with old friends and meet some new people as well.
Re: Roll Call for Reggae on the River 2013
July 16, 2013 07:50PM
Haile likely. Bless, safe travels and see you both there, (Ran into your friend Keith the weekend after SNWMF when we were taking about him - was irie to reason).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 07:54PM by EvanCR.
July 16, 2013 09:52PM
The Renegade Sound crew will be there in full effect! We are staying at Richardson Grove on weds night before making the move over to French's Camp early Thursday morning. Cannot wait for this festival, it should an amazing weekend, BIG UP ROTR MASSIVE!
July 16, 2013 10:24PM
I will also be in attendance!

Love that reggae!
July 16, 2013 10:38PM
My wife and I will be there with a handful of Seattle crew, and a bunch more friends from Santa Rosa/Seb. We are staying a Richardsons Grove RV/family camp Wed - Mon. Should be a glorious time once again.
July 16, 2013 10:56PM
Just to let you all know that are camping at Richardson's Grove that there will be a shuttle about every 15 minutes or so from Richardson's Grove to the KOA/mini mart and go down to 271(by cook's Valley) and turn around and leave you off at French's. So if you don't want to walk there is an alternative. Happy camping and happy reggae. Can't wait!
July 16, 2013 11:04PM
Cant wait, haven't been since 1999. Already got my ticket, just need to figure out how to get the time off work.
July 17, 2013 12:50AM
mamacali
Just to let you all know that are camping at Richardson's Grove that there will be a shuttle about every 15 minutes or so from Richardson's Grove to the KOA/mini mart and go down to 271(by cook's Valley) and turn around and leave you off at French's. So if you don't want to walk there is an alternative. Happy camping and happy reggae. Can't wait!

I've been thinking about that option but we are camping in the Oaks Flat section and its a long walk to the park front entrance where I assume the shuttle would be picking up people, right? Maybe we could drive over there to the entrance if there was somewhere there to park our truck.

I will check when we get there. Anyway, I'm pretty sure its an easier and somewhat shorter walk to the entrance then to the venue so we will consider the shuttle, especially on the way back at nite if there isnt too long a wait for a spot on the bus. I still remember walking back up that hill from back of the venue after the festival, that was a tough grind.

Thanks for the info.
July 17, 2013 03:13AM
spliffp
My wife and I will be there with a handful of Seattle crew, and a bunch more friends from Santa Rosa/Seb. We are staying a Richardsons Grove RV/family camp Wed - Mon. Should be a glorious time once again.

Hey, I hope we can meet up this time and say hello. I was born and raised in Seattle, Montlake district to be exact. Went to Garfield HS and U of Dub. Left Seattle when I was 23 due to excessive precipitation and cold winds...LOL
July 17, 2013 05:05AM
I want to give a big up and thanks to SNWMF for sending an e-mail blast to their mailing list with a message of support for Reggae on the River with all the info needed to attend. MUCH LOVE.......
July 17, 2013 05:12AM
I will be camping on the rocks like always. Eye in the sky in full effect. 15 years over the last 17. Only missed two. Big up ROTR. Booooom!!!!
July 17, 2013 05:55AM
I'll be there! Camping with the masses starting Thursday. This is my first ROTR ever, but I've attended SNWMF for 12+ years or more. I wish I'd known about the nearby Richardson Grove camping. The older I get, the less I enjoy camping with thousands of other folks.
July 17, 2013 03:45PM
Rhythmwize
spliffp

Hey, I hope we can meet up this time and say hello. I was born and raised in Seattle, Montlake district to be exact. Went to Garfield HS and U of Dub. Left Seattle when I was 23 due to excessive precipitation and cold winds...LOL

Sounds good, I will find you. I'm pretty sure I know what you look like given the pics you have posted in the past. Only a couple weeks away!
July 17, 2013 04:33PM
Bless.. Happy to say VP Records will be in attendance from NYC.
July 17, 2013 04:50PM
Zana
I'll be there! Camping with the masses starting Thursday. This is my first ROTR ever, but I've attended SNWMF for 12+ years or more. I wish I'd known about the nearby Richardson Grove camping. The older I get, the less I enjoy camping with thousands of other folks.

I hear ya Zana. We used to do the venue camping when SNWMF was in Marysville but since then have camped off-site at developed campgrounds. The venue camping is great for the younger people and has its advantages but my wife now demands that we camp at a developed facility with warm showers, plenty of space and relative quiet at night.

A tip on Richardsons Grove State Campground:

Make your reservation at soon as possible, which is Jan 1st. for a July start date. All the good campsites are quickly taken. Even if you aren't planning on starting your camping in July you can get a jump on the reservations and then cancel the early dates later for a small fee. If you have a chance, go up there to Richardsons Grove, get a campsite map and have a look around at which are the good campsites for you. Most of the time we have camped in the Oaks Flat section which is on the same side of the 101 as the venue, but there are some great campsites on both sides of the park which straddles the 101. Its a fabulous park and worth a day trip just to check out the magnificent 1000 year old redwoods.

Edit: In the eleven years we have attended, we have seen high temperatures, low temperatures and rain so be prepared for all three. But unlike Boonville, most of the time its been relatively hot or really hot during the day,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2013 05:08PM by Rhythmwize.
July 17, 2013 06:53PM
Who's everyone most excited to see?

For me Junior Kelly, Natural Black, Kabaka and Chronixx take the cake. 2 weeks baby!!!
July 17, 2013 06:54PM
Really hot I hope. Cold sucks. Yeaaaaaaaa.
July 17, 2013 09:35PM
After reggae on the hills nothing can be that hot.
July 17, 2013 10:29PM
I was not going to make it. ....But then they got JUNIOR KELLY now m cutting my Australia-new Zealand trip a month short to go...I am so excited 2 return to the original spot where the sound bounces off the hills. Junior Kelly didn't get a great time slot on Sunday afternoon. I hope he getsa lot of time on stage. However NATURAL BLACK got the best time slot of the weekend. I have been waiting to see him for the first time. Westafari I will look for the eye in the sky and come visit you. When I do should I ask for Westafari or another name?...Don't sell out ROTR I don't have a ticket and I want early entry Thursday....
July 18, 2013 06:38AM
No doubt RITH was insanely hot, still had a great time, will definitely be making the trip from Humboldt down to Angel's Camp again next year.
July 18, 2013 06:43AM
Hey Random, if they do sell out and you need a 4 day pass I'll have an extra, I'm picking my tickets up at will call super early in the AM on thurs. I bought an extra ticket months ago thinking one of my slacker friends would need it but it looks like everyone has their sh*t together this year. PM me if you're interested...
July 19, 2013 02:55PM
Anyone have info on the poisonus chemical they r using to green up the grass?! I wouldnt recommend the river if they go through with it.

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
July 19, 2013 03:57PM
Danny Crucial
Anyone have info on the poisonus chemical they r using to green up the grass?! I wouldnt recommend the river if they go through with it.

There was a big backlash here locally over them using the spray so close to the river so they decided against it...at least that's the report I heard
July 19, 2013 03:58PM
Hope so, we'd all rather sit on clean dirt.

Love that reggae!
July 19, 2013 04:13PM
Straight up nomo
July 19, 2013 09:20PM
FYI, here is some more info

[lostcoastoutpost.com]
July 21, 2013 12:07AM
See all you good folks deyah~> thumbs up

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
July 22, 2013 07:11AM
Hey Renegade I am counting on my slacker friend to buy me a ticket.. So if my slacker friend is more slack than your slacker friends then I will be needing that ticket and can meet early thursday morning. Looking for a place to tie up my slack line. I will let u know a couple days before. thanks
July 22, 2013 05:38PM
Higher Reasoning Reggae Time will be there and Ones may want to check dis...

Higher Reasoning Reggae Time's Reggae On The River Ticket Give-Away

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login