Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Festivals, we don't need no stinking festivals !!

Posted by reggaefan 
Festivals, we don't need no stinking festivals !!
August 02, 2013 09:15AM
Solid Rock - come in, calling on the Rock, where was U ??

After seeing that line-up for this WEAKends ROTR - this looks like it woulda been tons more fun to go to!
Re: Festivals, we don't need no stinking festivals !!
August 02, 2013 09:26AM
Weak lineup?? I know I wish I was at the festival right now!
August 02, 2013 10:34AM
There really should be only a couple of reggae fests a year IMO. The tonic is diluted at this point.
August 02, 2013 11:41AM
Malolo
There really should be only a couple of reggae fests a year IMO. The tonic is diluted at this point.

So very true. To many repeats to many people you see year in and year out. Not alot of genre's could get away with it. But that is also true about live reggae shows in general
August 02, 2013 12:30PM
iriebarto
Weak lineup?? I know I wish I was at the festival right now!

Yeah well, there are a few artists on there that would be really really fun to see - but I only count 5 acts in that category - and 4 of them I've already seen, so that leaves only Tarrus Riley.

The rest of them, ehhh... marginal interest, if that.

And Fenton ---- AGAIN? I'm starting to wonder if festivals pay him to play or if he volunteers his time.

I think there is a misprint on the schedule. It's says Fenton [Reggae Angels] is scheduled to play from 11:00 to 11:40 --- that is impossible. 40 minutes is about the average length of one Fenton song.

Fenton is the only act that I've ever seen where I either wanted to: throw something at the stage or jump up on stage and throw him off.

Now the Meditations --- there's a group [or should I say Ansel Cridland] that I would love to see for hours upon hours.

It's not really fair to compare festivals of today compared to ones even 10-20 years ago but going to those shows was sometimes non-stop 'thriller no filler', musical madness that we wished would never end. Good thing I didn't grill up too many brain cells, can still remember tons of those good times!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login